Home

WHY IS ICING EVEN IN GAME?????????

This is a discussion on WHY IS ICING EVEN IN GAME????????? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 10:54 AM   #1
Rookie

prd689's Arena

OVR: 5
WHY IS ICING EVEN IN GAME?????????

How much sense does it make, when an opponent has the ball 1&10 at the 20 with 5 seconds left and i have 3 timeouts and i cant ice him?????? I ice him, next play he spikes (2&10 ...2 TO remaining) ice him again, next play he spikes (3&10...1 TO remaining) i ice him again, next play he spikes...4th and 10 no timeouts remaining and he gets to kick a chip shot all because the !@#$in system that was designed to stop it..DIDNT!!! WTF IS IT EVEN GOOD FOR IF THERE IS ALWAYS WORKAROUNDS....
Old 02-04-2009, 11:02 AM   #2
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: WHY IS ICING EVEN IN GAME?????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by prd689
How much sense does it make, when an opponent has the ball 1&10 at the 20 with 5 seconds left and i have 3 timeouts and i cant ice him?????? I ice him, next play he spikes (2&10 ...2 TO remaining) ice him again, next play he spikes (3&10...1 TO remaining) i ice him again, next play he spikes...4th and 10 no timeouts remaining and he gets to kick a chip shot all because the !@#$in system that was designed to stop it..DIDNT!!! WTF IS IT EVEN GOOD FOR IF THERE IS ALWAYS WORKAROUNDS....
Uh... what the hell? First off, no pics in sigs.

Second... why the hell were you taking timeouts after he apparently spiked the ball?

Third... Icing the kicker has to happen after they line up to take the field goal and before they take it.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 02-04-2009, 11:16 AM   #3
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22

That was your fault for taking timeouts when he is lined up to spike the ball. The only time you can ICE THE KICKER is when they are lined up for a field goal.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:18 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

haha. Yea thats your fault dude
Old 02-04-2009, 06:26 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Think about it guys....his opponent could have audibled out of the kick and thrown the ball away...or spiked it (If you can audible to a spike)

I don't see away to prevent this workaround , seeing as for this unique circumstance to take place someone has to try to kick it on first down, and the opponent needs to have all three time outs, while not wanting to save those timeouts for a drive of their own.

Why save them for a drive?....well if there is enough time for the opponent to run three plays then there is at least a shot at something special, most people would be willing to take it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2009, 07:37 PM   #6
Sweettouch

Dame's Arena

OVR: 19

your scenario is dumb

if they audible to a a regular play you just audible to a defense play thn if they spike the ball your timeout wont be wasted
Old 02-04-2009, 08:19 PM   #7
Pro

deadlyCane's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettouch
your scenario is dumb

if they audible to a a regular play you just audible to a defense play thn if they spike the ball your timeout wont be wasted
lol...yeah, that's correct.

Oh man, that picture in your signature is fUGLY. I hope it's not you after losing a bet to an OU fan. Please do us all a favor and get rid of it, otherwise you'll be wondering why your threads don't get read.

MLB: Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Toronto Raptors
CFL: Toronto Argonauts
NFL: Miami Dolphins
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Basketball: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Baseball: Miami Hurricanes
Old 02-04-2009, 09:16 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

me and my buddy played against each other today... it was a close game and tied 35-35 and he was on the 3 yard line... he chose to kick a field goal with one second left, so i called a timeout. Then he kicked the ball... and he missed. i then picked him off in the first overtime in the endzone. and on my first play i did a run and scored a touchdown...
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »