Home

Recruiting Rules

This is a discussion on Recruiting Rules within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-03-2009, 10:13 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Recruiting Rules

If anyone has some recruiting rules they abide by, could you post them in here? I already have youALREADYknow's rules, but i was wondering if anybody else out there had some good rules.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2009, 10:21 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Recruiting Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbuck0027
If anyone has some recruiting rules they abide by, could you post them in here? I already have youALREADYknow's rules, but i was wondering if anybody else out there had some good rules.

I try to recurit as may of the top 100 as you can handle. I usually tend to get most of them. Feel them out see what they like and make sure you bring them on school visits...
Old 02-03-2009, 10:23 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by latiger12

I try to recurit as may of the top 100 as you can handle. I usually tend to get most of them. Feel them out see what they like and make sure you bring them on school visits...
well yea, i should have stated my question a little better. I guess i mean any restrictions on recruiting, like only pipeline states, only peo[ple interested, things like that.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:24 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Now I think there should always be some rules but I don't like really really stringent ones.

Like I don't like the no adding players after the 1st week rule because around week 11 I start prepping guys I may need to sign should I lose a player early. Or the pipeline rule because um how else do you establish a pipeline?

To me big rules are, don't be signing 10 RB's and then making them defensive ends or signing a WR with a 94 speed and making him a TE, those types of things lead to unfair advantages.

1 rule I think every dynasty should have is no signing a player just for the pure reason of not letting another user have him. I've dealt with that before a guy using an elite team who would sign guys away from other users that he didn't need just to cut them to keep them away from the other teams.

So basically no ridiculous oversigning of a position unless you are going to keep every player. If a guy literally has no Oline so he signs 8 OL's that's one thing signing guys just to screw other people is another.

That's probably my 1 big one, outside of realistic position changes.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:39 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 5

Thats pretty much the way I recruit.

even if I can get 3 of the top 20 QB's in the country I will only sign one.

Plus I try to sign someone at each position, every season.

Example:
QB 1
HB/FB 2
Wr 2
TE 1
OL 3
DL 3
LB 3
DB 4
K/P 1
20 total

the benefits are when you seniors and draft prospects leave, you usually have someone in place to move up. You don't have rely on true frosh to play right away.

I find it realistic, because most recruiting classes in actual college FB has players at all the positions. Even if they are not blue chip, there is someone.

I have had cases where I have a returning QB that was a 3 star recruit and waited his turn and by 4th or 5th year moved into the top spot, but was challenged by a 2nd year Qb that was highly a rated recruit, I had to decide who played.

Adds to the fun. After the first few seasons, not many actual players left, so it is improving the dynasty for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2009, 09:54 AM   #6
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca
Now I think there should always be some rules but I don't like really really stringent ones.

Like I don't like the no adding players after the 1st week rule because around week 11 I start prepping guys I may need to sign should I lose a player early. Or the pipeline rule because um how else do you establish a pipeline?

To me big rules are, don't be signing 10 RB's and then making them defensive ends or signing a WR with a 94 speed and making him a TE, those types of things lead to unfair advantages.

1 rule I think every dynasty should have is no signing a player just for the pure reason of not letting another user have him. I've dealt with that before a guy using an elite team who would sign guys away from other users that he didn't need just to cut them to keep them away from the other teams.

So basically no ridiculous oversigning of a position unless you are going to keep every player. If a guy literally has no Oline so he signs 8 OL's that's one thing signing guys just to screw other people is another.

That's probably my 1 big one, outside of realistic position changes.
Those rules were for offline dynasties, not online with multiple users. The rules you just mentioned are simply anti-cheating rules and do absolutely nothing to address the problem that user recruiting is far too easy.

Also, you establish pipelines through 3 star and below prospects.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:20 PM   #7
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

here's our rules from legendary vets. we still get great classes but this levels the playing field with the cpu.

Recruiting Rules

1. No Cut Rule: Human users will only be allowed to offer as many scholarships as they will have open rosters spots available at the end of the current season. This number would be equal to seventy minus the number of players currently on your roster, plus the number of seniors on your roster. EXAMPLE: if you have 68 guys on your roster and 14 seniors you can offer 14 + 2 = 16 Scholarships that you can offer in season. Once you enter the offseason and find out if you?re losing more guys to Transfer or Draft you can offer more schollies. You can at all times have 35 on board no matter how many offers you can send out.

Also the cutting stage of recruiting is skipped so if you do over recruit you dont get to chose who to cut. If you do over recruit look at bottow of thread for punishments. We regulate this by saving offline and going into the team needs screen and pressing lb and Rb to switch between teams.

2. No promises: we take the offseason offline twice during the offseason so promises are erased before we can fulfill them. For this reason we do no use them.

3. Recruiting Board 35: Once your 35 man board is set up in preseason you are not allowed to add any player to your board until the offseason. If players are added to your board during the season you will face the same penalties as listed below for over recruiting.

4. All-American Rule: We take our dynasty offline for players leaving each season. You are not allowed to talk any All-Americans into returning to your program.

1 over limit or 1 player added: -3 scholarships for one year
2 over limit or 2 players added: -5 scholarships for one year
3 over limit or 3 players added: -4 scholarships for two years (8 total)
4 over limit or 4 players added: -4 scholarships for three years (12 total)
5 or more over limit or added: -5 scholarships for 5 years (25 total) our death penalty
Old 02-04-2009, 12:37 PM   #8
EA Game Changer

gschwendt's Arena

OVR: 12

Here is a set of rules I created for a small school dynasty. First, turn on CPU recruit list assistance. I cannot add anyone to the list myself unless I'm already in their Top 10. Other than that, I can only recruit players that the CPU adds for me. I can pick & choose which ones to target and I can remove anyone I don't want.

This basically eliminates you from finding those players that no one else is targeting or players you really don't have any business going after.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »