Home

XBOX360 vs PS3 Madden - Advantage XBOX

This is a discussion on XBOX360 vs PS3 Madden - Advantage XBOX within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 01:53 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
XBOX360 vs PS3 Madden - Advantage XBOX

I recently purchased an XBOX360 (Jasper Motherboard-nice and cool!), after trading in my PS3 (like game catalog better for XBOX-Halo, etc) and Blu-Rays are just too expensive anyway.

I must say, after being disappointed w/Madden 09 on PS3, I am very pleased w/the XBOX360 game. It seems to run more fluid, I think the line play is better, the Instant Replay actually WORKS (no more knuckleball-1 spin footballs), you can actually see the spirals and wobbles real-time and instant replay. The graphics seem better.

I know I'll get blasted for liking Madden09, but "I'm just saying"..

Anyone else try both? (I had also played PS2 and Wii versions this year-not good-more features, but you really do miss the animations that make it more realistic than robot players.)

Finally happy with Madden 09. Hopefully they'll add some refs and chain gangs next year, along w/other improvements w/playability.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2009, 02:15 PM   #2
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: XBOX360 vs PS3 Madden - Advantage XBOX

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpapa_bliss
I recently purchased an XBOX360 (Jasper Motherboard-nice and cool!), after trading in my PS3 (like game catalog better for XBOX-Halo, etc) and Blu-Rays are just too expensive anyway.

I must say, after being disappointed w/Madden 09 on PS3, I am very pleased w/the XBOX360 game. It seems to run more fluid, I think the line play is better, the Instant Replay actually WORKS (no more knuckleball-1 spin footballs), you can actually see the spirals and wobbles real-time and instant replay. The graphics seem better.

Anyone else try both? (I had also played PS2 and Wii versions this year-not good-more features, but you really do miss the animations that make it more realistic than robot players.)

Finally happy with Madden 09. Hopefully they'll add some refs and chain gangs next year, along w/other improvements w/playability.
As a PS3 owner, I must say that I believe the 360 version is somehow graphically superior. Its like these companies don't use the whole Blu-Ray disc and maximize its potential. But GRAPHIC wise there is a difference.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:16 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 16

when they make it for 360 1st, the ps3 owners get a half (you know what) game as the game didnt tap into the ps3's full power

look at gran tourismo or mgs4.....imagine if they were made for xbox....lmfao

the games wouldnt look or play half as good

one day soon HOPEFULLY ea will make games for ps3 THEN port it to the 360
then the 360 owners can keep their crap versions and ps3 owners can tap the full potential of our system
Old 01-29-2009, 02:22 PM   #4
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Here we go.....

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 01-29-2009, 02:28 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpapa_bliss

I have played both and game play wise I think they are the same. Instant replay has always worked on my ps3 so i am not sure what your talking about.

I got most of my blu rays between 10-15 bucks except for iron man, which I paid $25

Graphically they are the same. I think the only reason you "think it looks better" is because the game can be played at 1080p which EA did not do for the ps3. It dumb that they didnt include it, but I hope they add 1080p support for 2010.

As for online I have no problem staying connected. I think the problem is more of Madden EA servers. All the other games I play online are just fine on ps3. But whatever you like that's all that matters. I am glad you finally enjoying madden.

I can't play fps shooters on console. I need mouse and keyboard which is imo is far more superior then a game pad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2009, 03:36 PM   #6
Think Different

onetonmartin's Arena

OVR: 9

It's funny how some people still think the PS3 is somehow untapped and far superior.

(PS3 & 360 owner)
Old 01-29-2009, 05:10 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetonmartin
It's funny how some people still think the PS3 is somehow untapped and far superior.

(PS3 & 360 owner)
Because it is... Even Ian said that 360 Holds them back from doing things with the game that the PS3 would allow. anyway I am not in the mood for a PS3 Vs Xbox 360...
Old 01-29-2009, 06:23 PM   #8
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

PS2>>>>360 or PS3.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »