Home

Should The Show add a All-Girls team or The AAGPBL?

This is a discussion on Should The Show add a All-Girls team or The AAGPBL? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-29-2009, 01:56 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Question Should The Show add a All-Girls team or The AAGPBL?

Hi everyone, i haven't posted here for the longest. Great to be back. I just remembered playing a game called Baseball Stars by SNK for the NES back in the day. I remember there was a all-girl team on the game which was pretty good. They use to always kick my butt. Anyway does anyone think we will see a all-girls team, or the old AAGPBL on The Show in the future? I hope so i think it would be pretty interesting to say the least.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2009, 02:44 AM   #2
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Should The Show add a All-Girls team or The AAGPBL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindyCity4Eva
Hi everyone, i haven't posted here for the longest. Great to be back. I just remembered playing a game called Baseball Stars by SNK for the NES back in the day. I remember there was a all-girl team on the game which was pretty good. They use to always kick my butt. Anyway does anyone think we will see a all-girls team, or the old AAGPBL on The Show in the future? I hope so i think it would be pretty interesting to say the least.
To be perfectly honest, I don't think I would want it in. Simply because it wouldn't add to the depth to the actual MLB game and might take time away from more important (just my opinion, of course) roster moves like a single A, summer/winter leagues, MLB legends, etc.

I would certainly love if they made a separate Legends game that included the AAGPBL AND Negro leagues (one of my favorite things about ASB was the inclusion of many Negro leaguers...great game) I think it would be a fun concept and I would definitely play a game like that.

Just not sure it would be a priority any time soon for these MLB games.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:53 AM   #3

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindyCity4Eva
what made that game fun was that it was unrealistic to begin with...you never had this girls team playing the Red Sox...I personally don't see how adding a girls team would add anything worthwhile to this game at all and my personal vote would be no, times a million.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:02 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 38

Sorry I gotta say no and the time should be spent on other parts of the game not add on gimmics .
That includes Big head mode ect
Old 01-29-2009, 04:37 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 8

No. Absolutely not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2009, 06:09 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 7

No. Last time I checked, there weren't any girls playing in the Major Leagues. This game aims to replicate the sport with realism...no need for extra fluff.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:04 PM   #7
ShowTime!

NAFBUC's Arena

OVR: 43

Nope........maybe for the WII system.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:20 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 28

I hope this is a "joke thread" It would be entertaining in an baseball "arcade like" game, but in "The Show"? you wouldn't put something like that in a pristine MLB experience like "The Show".

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »