Home

Ok, so I'm throwing chairs out my window (gameplay issue)!

This is a discussion on Ok, so I'm throwing chairs out my window (gameplay issue)! within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-21-2009, 04:28 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Angry Ok, so I'm throwing chairs out my window (gameplay issue)!

Howdy fellas!

So, i've been playing NHL09 for the Xbox since it came. But i'm only starting dynastys to play like 3 minutes before i hit my fist through the drywall in pure frustration. Please help me, before i need strong medication!

1) The sliders...what way does what!? If i put the shootingaccuracy on 0, is that for me or the AI? If i put the slider for penalties to 6, does that mean the AI will get alot of penalties or me? What does what!? I guess i must be really stupid

2) I play on pro, most of the time. When i have the puck, the opposite team just glares at the puck and its theirs, while i can struggle for the puck with 4 players on my team and their single player just gets away with the puck. How do i get a decent setting on this? What slider do i change so i can get hold of the puck? With the pokecheck i mean. And i don't want to trip the players all the time...

3) Can anyone guide me to realistic Pro - settings for Dynasty? (Yeah i checked the sliders section and most of them seems to be for all-star-mode.).

4) Is there away to stop the AI from making crappy goals when there's 5 min left of the game? I know its ea's BLEEEEEEPIN' "comeback crappola"...But can you make it less obvious in some way? My AI-Learning slider is on 2 on the 0-6 scale.

Thanks everybody!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2009, 04:46 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 31
Re: Ok, so I'm throwing chairs out my window (gameplay issue)!

read through the stickied threads on here my friend all your ifo is a click away....also the slider sections can help you out too...

Either way you got to read through posts!
Old 01-21-2009, 04:53 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 29

1) The sliders...what way does what!? If i put the shootingaccuracy on 0, is that for me or the AI? If i put the slider for penalties to 6, does that mean the AI will get alot of penalties or me? What does what!? I guess i must be really stupid

There are no CPU/Human sliders. Putting Shot Accuracy at 0 means that shot accuracy is going to be low for both sides. Putting hitting power at 0 means you and the CPU are going to have lower hitting power.

2) I play on pro, most of the time. When i have the puck, the opposite team just glares at the puck and its theirs, while i can struggle for the puck with 4 players on my team and their single player just gets away with the puck. How do i get a decent setting on this? What slider do i change so i can get hold of the puck? With the pokecheck i mean. And i don't want to trip the players all the time...

Welcome to EA Sports games. The AI can often do whatever the hell they want, while you cannot. Get used to the CPU simply grabbing the puck whenever they want it.

3) Can anyone guide me to realistic Pro - settings for Dynasty?

You aren't getting a realistic game; sorry to say. It's an arcade game. Best to just move the sliders around and find what you have the most fun with - but if you're striving for realism, you're not going to find it.

4) Is there away to stop the AI from making crappy goals when there's 5 min left of the game? I know its ea's BLEEEEEEPIN' "comeback crappola"...But can you make it less obvious in some way? My AI-Learning slider is on 2 on the 0-6 scale.

After the patch, I honestly didn't have much trouble with the whole CPU scoring whenever they wanted later on.
Old 01-21-2009, 05:28 PM   #4
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

I've had this game for about a week and a half, I'm totally frsutrated against the CPU. They score cheap goals where they stand right around the goalie and just tip it in. Then when they score one, they score another 2-3 right behind it.

They can skate up and down the ice with the pcuk and my guys move like molasses when I have the puck, and get stripped way to often.

I've NEVER, in 20 years of gaming, had to play any game ever on Rookie, and I'm having to do so here.
Old 01-21-2009, 05:29 PM   #5
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertLidstroem
Howdy fellas!

So, i've been playing NHL09 for the Xbox since it came. But i'm only starting dynastys to play like 3 minutes before i hit my fist through the drywall in pure frustration. Please help me, before i need strong medication!

3) Can anyone guide me to realistic Pro - settings for Dynasty? (Yeah i checked the sliders section and most of them seems to be for all-star-mode.).

Thanks everybody!

Yes, play better positional defense at the end of the game. Comeback AI is a myth.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2009, 04:13 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Thanks for your replies, will look through this Thanks!
Old 01-22-2009, 06:24 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
I've had this game for about a week and a half, I'm totally frsutrated against the CPU. They score cheap goals where they stand right around the goalie and just tip it in. Then when they score one, they score another 2-3 right behind it.

They can skate up and down the ice with the pcuk and my guys move like molasses when I have the puck, and get stripped way to often.

I've NEVER, in 20 years of gaming, had to play any game ever on Rookie, and I'm having to do so here.
That's been an issue with this series for three years now. Given there are no real sliders in the game, the only fix is to lower all CPU players' Aggressiveness ratings into the 50's, then lower selective players' Speed, Agility and Shot Accuracy ratings. I understand that's too much work for everyone, but I'm saying that's how badly programmed this game is. And unless you're willing to do that, the game is drink-coaster material.

I've edited a few teams now, and was able to switch from playing on Pro to playing on Superstar. I'm actually pretty happy with the games I'm getting now. The CPU cheating has basically disappeared. And I get good games with decent CPU defensive play, lots of hitting, plus CPU penalties (something you don't see on Pro).
Old 01-22-2009, 07:32 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
That's been an issue with this series for three years now. Given there are no real sliders in the game, the only fix is to lower all CPU players' Aggressiveness ratings into the 50's, then lower selective players' Speed, Agility and Shot Accuracy ratings. I understand that's too much work for everyone, but I'm saying that's how badly programmed this game is. And unless you're willing to do that, the game is drink-coaster material.

I've edited a few teams now, and was able to switch from playing on Pro to playing on Superstar. I'm actually pretty happy with the games I'm getting now. The CPU cheating has basically disappeared. And I get good games with decent CPU defensive play, lots of hitting, plus CPU penalties (something you don't see on Pro).
Thats funny because theres quite a few of us who had no need to edit on superstar, have no problem getting to loose pucks and don't notice any comeback AI at all. Go fig.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »