Home

Old 01-21-2009, 02:49 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
Injuries

Hey guys! I'm so excited for MARCHHHHHH!!!!!!

With that said, I am wondering if you guys had any problems with injuries in your MLB '08 franchises/seasons? I personally never had many injuries in my franchise, and if I did it was a pitcher who was out 1-6 days (has happened only twice in a year and a half). I also noticed that the CPU never had problems with not having enough injuries.

I'm only curious because I remember bringing it up with Carew in his slider thread, and he seemed to be regularly getting injuries in his franchise. Add to that his slider for injury frequency was lower than mine (I had it set at +6).

I've also noticed that not many people have complained about this issue, so I'm thinking that my game might have been bugged or something (or I just had REALLY good luck. . .although I considered it bad because I wanted to have to deal with injuries).

Thoughts?

Note: I play every single game in my franchise. I understand that you regularly have injuries if you sim enough.

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2009, 06:16 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Injuries

uhh yeh my first rtts outfielder played 3 games of spring training before he injured arm bad forgot what it was called but i sat the year out...
Old 01-21-2009, 08:09 AM   #3
MVP

WatchdogXC's Arena

OVR: 15

I never played with injuries on. I liked have CPU roster control and in my experience with MVP 2005, all of my 2B and SS would get hurt all the time on double play takeout slides so I was a little shellshocked!
Old 01-21-2009, 09:42 AM   #4
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

There seemed to be more than enough injuries in the simmed games...
...but not nearly enough in played games.

I'll be checking this out...

M.K.
Knight165
Old 01-21-2009, 10:13 AM   #5
Pro

Ivanhoe's Arena

OVR: 4

I lowered the durability on players who seem to be injury prone and received good results. For instance I lowered Jeremy Bonderman's durability and he never pitched a complete year. Just like real life!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2009, 10:18 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165

M.K.
Knight165
I have found the same thing. I'm glad you will be looking into this next week.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:47 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 5

I play every game in my franchise too, and I have the injury slider literally set to the max. I do have some injuries, but not enough to be realistic. In the first week in July, Lester got injured for 1-2 months. Also some minor league pitchers did as well. But, in general, in my last franchise I played and this one, it seems that the pitching rotation generally stays the same. I would like to see more of pitchers being knocked out for 1-2 weeks here or there etc. I would also like to see more causation. So like if an outfielder makes a really wicked dive for a ball, he may land awkwardly and get hurt. As it is, it just seems kind of random. that being said, I also had J.D. Drew injured through April and May, so that's just like real life. Big Papi also got knocked out for a month or so. So I guess it's not too bad, but in general I think the players' durability sliders are set too high. I lowered them for a lot of players that get injured often.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:25 PM   #8
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165

M.K.
Knight165
I agree Knight. It seemed that most, if not all of my injuries in played games were to my pitchers. I would like to see a little bit more variety in regards to injuries and to players who get them. This adds more managerial strategies to the game and can allow for up and comers to prove themselves since you would be forced to use a rookie or a backup player
New Youtube Gaming Channel -- SpicyChicharron
Follow me on Twitter

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »