Home

What Frightens You the Most About MLB2k9?

This is a discussion on What Frightens You the Most About MLB2k9? within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-19-2009, 12:22 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4

Since we all know about the move from Kush to VC and the "Features List" they have posted there are some things that worry the hell out of me, like graphics, commentary, sound etc that 2k did not cover in the Features List.

We all have pet peeves about a game, and we all know 2k9 will not have corrected all the mistakes that were in 2k8 so what frightens you guys the most? Sound, Franchise, Graphics, Animations, Stadium Model Accuracy?

Mine would have to be Hit contact Physics Throwing a pitch low and away and The batter manages to pull the ball about 450 out of the park. Well thats mine. Fire away.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2009, 12:35 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: What Frightens You the Most About MLB2k9?

Frightens me? Nothing. It's baseball **** it, not Doom 4!

Concerns me? Well, I'm concerned they've added zone hitting as a button option only, rather than integrate it into the swing stick mechanic. If it's the latter, I'll be very happy. But if it's the former... well, it's too frightening to contemplate how I'll respond!
Old 01-19-2009, 12:38 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 25

I am this close to giving up on sports games (not named MLB The Show) all together. I don't feel that roster updates with a few gimmicks are worth my $60.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:44 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 9

I'm frightened it's about 6 weeks out and all we have is a feature list still.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:49 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 18

Well i can tell you this people don't have allot faith in this game which i don't blame them. Framerate destroyed this game late year. And i cant believe CPU don't steal when the slider in on 100 are you kidding me. I don't have alot of faith i this game, Im glad the ps3 having price drop make it more interesting for me to get the show.

To me this this 2k last year to prove to me that is baseball is worth getting or it will be the last time i played theri baseball game. I like said before the ps3 is dropping their price making people like me more interesting in the show. I believe 2k this is the year they have to exceed expectation which is low.

But im glad vc knows that kush is a failure and decide to take over because they know they are losing fans to the show.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2009, 01:03 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

I agree with Baa about the Zone hitting worried about that one. Another thing that still makes my head hurt is the accuracy of throws weither infield and outfield to bases. I really hope that i cant throw a baseball from centerfield to home accurate or a matter of fact most bases from the outfield.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:13 PM   #7
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

What frightens me the most about 2k9? Isn't that answer obvious...it's "2k8", followed closely by "2k7."

These boards were on fire last spring with interviews, comments, and promises from the great Ben Brinkman--the savior of 2k baseball. 2k8 achieved the impressive feat of managing to DECREASE graphics quality and LOWER performance at the same time. That takes real programming talent. Nevermind that the gameplay isn't fun, and never has been.

Game Crazy sold me 2k8 NEW for $5 a few weeks ago, and I still got ripped off! I'll check out a demo, but I have no reason to be optimistic about this game whatsoever.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:18 PM   #8
MVP

duke776's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Randy Johnson

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »