Home

Old 01-19-2009, 11:04 AM   #1
Rookie

unisol_us's Arena

OVR: 5
Big Hits!

After watching the AFC Championship last night, it became apparent to me that Madden should try to capture the violence of the sport a little bit better. It seems to me that Madden seems to capture it some, but it needs to be a little more dramatic. I think this little detail will help the whole Presentation/Immersion factor significantly.

Thoughts?

Don't get me wrong not just the huge hits but look at all of the hard hits that happened in tight place in last nights game. Hugh Blocks on Special teams, broken plays ect...

Also look how many times the RB got nailed by a LB who was moving laterally along the LOS. That game last night defined the essence of physicality. Also some of these big hit needs to impact the game. I.E. players that get crushed leave the game. That way it will feel more lifelike and not just a bunch of Poly's on T.V

Last edited by unisol_us; 01-19-2009 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Added a thought
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2009, 12:41 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Big Hits!

To add to what u said I also think they should add more hit stick animations with some being more brutal than others depending on the angle size and weight of the players.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:47 PM   #3
#OwnTheFuture

Benz87's Arena

OVR: 8

If they add more emotional animations to the game. After almost every play in a real game players are fired up, getting in each others faces, always celebrating. This would greatly improve the feel and excitment of the game.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:58 PM   #4
Rookie

This is picking stones. the hits in madden are already pretty big. playoff football is an intense experience. The viewers perception of the situation aids to the intensity of the given situation.
If EA changed the hits, next year you'll hear about how the hits are TOO big and unrealistic.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:03 PM   #5
Rookie

unisol_us's Arena

Not saying to make the hits bigger, just make it have alot more meaning. Right now when i get a big hit my guy shakes his head then gets right back up and is good as new the next play. I just think that the physical aspect of the game should feel more lifelike which would add all sorts of drama to the game while you were playing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2009, 01:26 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

A good idea, but I think that part of the issue is with the league, not the game designers. The league doesn't want itself portrayed as violent (hence no real-time injuries), even though it capitalizes on that characterization in other ways. That's probably the reason you don't see as many penalties as you'd like, as clear a connection between big hits and injuries as you'd like, etc.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:45 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by unisol_us
Not saying to make the hits bigger, just make it have alot more meaning. Right now when i get a big hit my guy shakes his head then gets right back up and is good as new the next play. I just think that the physical aspect of the game should feel more lifelike which would add all sorts of drama to the game while you were playing
Im confused. Most plays do end this way in the nfl. players got up dust themselves off laugh it off with the guys and go back to work. im not trying to antagonize, im just confused as to what you are looking for. Something like the magahee hit last night?
Old 01-19-2009, 03:01 PM   #8
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rapid Da Don
To add to what u said I also think they should add more hit stick animations with some being more brutal than others depending on the angle size and weight of the players.
This is what needs to be done for the Big Hits. Let them come from a realistic standpoint.

Size , weight, and the biggest factor is MOMENTUM. When a player hits his FUll momentum and a player is just standing there or barely has any momentum going, that should result into a big hit.

Example. The hit last night on McGahee. He caught the ball but was not at full sprint, but the Safety had full momentum coming and laid a vicious hit. Now they weight about the same but one had more momentum than the other.

A Defensive lineman has alot more weight than pretty much every RB except for Jacobs, but all because he is bigger doenst mean every hit is going to be big. If he is just standing at the line fighting off a block , if he makes a tackle on a RB running towards him. The tackle should flow towards the direction the HB is running or just at the point of impact.

As long as they understand momentum, size, angles , and other things adding more big hits to the game should work out fine.

Honestly I truly feel , and I have not felt this way in the lst 4 yrs. That this Madden team truly understands what we want, and is going to deliver a much better product.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »