Home

2 issues (health/potential related) I dont quite understand

This is a discussion on 2 issues (health/potential related) I dont quite understand within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-13-2009, 07:07 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
2 issues (health/potential related) I dont quite understand

I just started the 2nd season of my career with the Eagles.

In the 2nd game of the regular season (played not simmed) the health of Brian Westbrook dropped from 80% to 74% without him sustaining any injury (he also had less than 20 touches). I am not sure if this is normal, but at that pace he would have little health left at the end of the season... I replayed the game with about the same result...

Also the potential of several veteran players dropped after that game by 1-2 points for no apparent reason... I had this happen already during the first season and with an earlier Texans franchise and I wonder if its also somehow health related...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2009, 07:15 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: 2 issues (health/potential related) I dont quite understand

just sit him out of practice and he should regain some health. thats just like real life for westbrook, he almost never seems to practice. he probably has low durability.

potentials usually fluctuate throughout your career, usually its veterans who dont get playing time who lose potential, or its young guys who have not had any production in their first 3 years who lose potential
Old 01-13-2009, 01:28 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killga
I just started the 2nd season of my career with the Eagles.

In the 2nd game of the regular season (played not simmed) the health of Brian Westbrook dropped from 80% to 74% without him sustaining any injury (he also had less than 20 touches). I am not sure if this is normal, but at that pace he would have little health left at the end of the season... I replayed the game with about the same result...

Also the potential of several veteran players dropped after that game by 1-2 points for no apparent reason... I had this happen already during the first season and with an earlier Texans franchise and I wonder if its also somehow health related...
Westbrook might have a low duribility rating. I mean like the person above me said its just like real life. Especially at the RB position, RB take a beating in the NFL. Much like the game. Every carry, every hit taken, every blitz pick up that they pick up, any contact at all will effect a players health rating. The key is like the person above me is cancel practice a day, and he should regain some health. its worked out for me with the Dolphins.

As far as the potential going down...that might be a few things.
1. No production, or poor producton.
2. Might not be a starter
3. there role on the team, and during games.

I signed Nnamdi Asomugha( the Raiders great CB) from the preseason with the Dolphins. Im now in my 2nd year.(5-1 baby, with rookie QB Dane Morrow) But the first couple games he had struggled. He went from a 96( man coverage philosophy) to a 92, then back up to 93, and finally he has been playing better, he is at a 94 now. It happens. This last game .vs. the Jags, he returned to INT's for TD. At the end of the game his overall and potential went from a 92, to a 94. Its all about production, & contribution to the team.
Old 03-13-2009, 03:05 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Same thing with my Eagles. Superbowl in year 1, Westbrook with a great season. Year 2, after the second game Westbrook keeps going downhill whether I play him or not. I am now 5-0 and his health is at 64% and dropping. I thought I would still play him, but his productivity is also way down, so now I make him inactive for games. On a bright note, I platoon at HB and include two rookie WRs as HB on my now run-oriented team and they are putting up outstanding numbers on pitches (team rushing at 200+ yd/game). Looks like its time for him to retire.
Old 03-13-2009, 01:59 PM   #5
Pro

kwpit79's Arena

OVR: 8

As players age or get injured their injury ratings decrease.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »