Home

Eddy Curry automatic double team

This is a discussion on Eddy Curry automatic double team within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-08-2009, 07:14 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Eddy Curry automatic double team

With or against, human or cpu whenever Eddy Curry touches the ball he is automatically double team. Has anybody else notice this? Only player in the game this happens to.

I like posting up and pull off alot of post moves down low with my big men but playing with Eddy Curry it gets annoying. I can't seem to hold the ball with Eddy for too long. Its either pass or shoot quickly cause when he holds the ball longer than a second the other team doubles him up perimeter or paint it don't matter. Its ridiculous.

And this with default settings and sliders. I don't know whats causing it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2009, 07:57 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Eddy Curry automatic double team

Eddy Curry is like 375 pounds. The CPU is smart, they know you have to have more than one man on a lard *** like Curry.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:18 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by L. BuЯNa
With or against, human or cpu whenever Eddy Curry touches the ball he is automatically double team. Has anybody else notice this? Only player in the game this happens to.

I like posting up and pull off alot of post moves down low with my big men but playing with Eddy Curry it gets annoying. I can't seem to hold the ball with Eddy for too long. Its either pass or shoot quickly cause when he holds the ball longer than a second the other team doubles him up perimeter or paint it don't matter. Its ridiculous.

And this with default settings and sliders. I don't know whats causing it.
Happens to me a lot in my Association. I welcome it, because it gives Nate, Q-Rich or Gallinari open looks.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:10 PM   #4
Rookie

xion_one's Arena

OVR: 4

That's because your team's help defense slider is too high. They will double Curry automatically.

I figured out this is why in online games, help defense is at 0 by default, and why the automatic double team is not editable. Help defense dictates all that.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:04 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDGA9
Eddy Curry is like 375 pounds. The CPU is smart, they know you have to have more than one man on a lard *** like Curry.
true but this doesn't happen with Shaq or even Dwight whos even more powerful down low than Curry.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2009, 06:50 PM   #6
Rookie

BPM 81's Arena

OVR: 7

I noticed the same thing happened when I played against the Celtics in Association the cpu automatically doubled Kendrick Perkins

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »