Home

question for those that have played Superbike 08 and Moto gp 08

This is a discussion on question for those that have played Superbike 08 and Moto gp 08 within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-26-2008, 05:04 PM   #1
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28
question for those that have played Superbike 08 and Moto gp 08

Which would you guys say is the best representation from an a.i. and simulation aspect of the sport of cycle racing? Thoughts?
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2008, 05:50 PM   #2
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

Re: question for those that have played Superbike 08 and Moto gp 08

has anyone had a chance to play both of these? I've only had a chance to play the gp08 demo. Playing gp08 on full sim is no joke.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 12-29-2008, 01:44 PM   #3
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33

Haven't played both. MotoGP 08 isn't bad, as the simulation handling is actually pretty good. Online has some pretty noticeable issues, though, and it's a little bland overall.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:14 AM   #4
MVP

BIG CAROLINA's Arena

OVR: 18

Superbike 08 has not been released in US, they pushed the US release date back to January ( I emailed them).
Just got GP 08 for Christmas and so far so good. I know that most people are upset that you cannot map the throttle to the right analog stick but on the PS3 version you can.
Have not put much time in with it yet because of other games, so I am not qualified to give you a review though.

PSN: BIG_CAROLINA

"Life is too short for a man to hold bitterness in his heart."
Marshall W. "Major" Taylor
Old 12-30-2008, 02:59 PM   #5
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

Thanks for responding TC and Big C. I thought the demo for gp 08 was pretty good as on full sim it plays nothing like 07. I liked some of the Superbike vids I've seen on youtube as well. I wish they would drop a demo.

What camera view do you guys use?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2008, 07:46 PM   #6
Mainstream Outlaw

Kruza's Arena

OVR: 39
Icon2 Re: question for those that have played Superbike 08 and Moto gp 08

Yeah, the Simulation handling model in MotoGP 08 handles more realistically than how it is in 07. Can't take a 1st-gear corner at 4th gear like was possible in 07.

MotoGP 08 does have its limitations on how "real" the handling gets, though. For example, it's not possible to lock the front tire while braking hard. Not even while applying maximum pressure on the front brake while going downhill on a long straight like the backstraight at the Motegi circuit. The bike will slow down, but there's no risk of the rider violently flipping over the handlebars of the bike whenever going overboard mashing down on the front brake.

Also, the suspension at its default setting (5) is a bit too soft. It's not hard to tell the difference at a track like Mugello where the layout is smooth throughout without steep uphill climbs or downhill drops. But on tracks like Le Mans and Sachsenring, these both have a slight dip (Sachsenring) or small hump (Le Mans) in the road just before a medium-speed corner, and the bike could high-side easily if the rider is not careful on the throttle and steering while approaching the turn-in point. Tweak the bike to a stiffer front and rear suspension and these type of slight dips or humps wouldn't be an issue at all.

And I ride in the first helmet camera view with the hands of the rider showing on the bottom corners of the TV screen.

Kruza

Last edited by Kruza; 01-01-2009 at 08:15 AM.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:35 PM   #7
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

What settings would you recommend for the suspension? what other settings do you have Kruza?
Old 01-01-2009, 08:31 AM   #8
Mainstream Outlaw

Kruza's Arena

OVR: 39
Icon2 Re: question for those that have played Superbike 08 and Moto gp 08

I usually set the front and rear suspension ranging from 6-8 depending on the track I'm about to race on. However, on flat-level tracks with no elevation changes like the Losail Circuit (Qatar) and Indianapolis I would immediately set both suspension settings to 10.

Too bad it's impossible to race online with tweaked settings. This is a major oversight on the part of Milestone and Capcom. Hopefully all the online features that are lacking in 08 are addressed in the next MotoGP game. Missing obvious things like this ruins what could've made this a great game instead of a good one with a few major flaws.

Kruza

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »