Home

My own special hard tested sliders [PS3]

This is a discussion on My own special hard tested sliders [PS3] within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-19-2008, 10:52 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
My own special hard tested sliders [PS3]

Those are my custom sliders settings, i've been working on for 5 months. I've played a franchise, controlling all 32 teams, so I've played with every kind of team against every kind of team. My results after W15 are below:

Passing: 50/100/0
Rushing: 60/60/70
Pass Def: 100/25/100
Rush Def: 20/0/25
ST: 35/0/55/65/65

The Robo QB is still there but no big yardage for him. Around 70% of completed passes on both sides but 7yds avg per pass attemt.
The run is effective for me and for the CPU.
I play 9 minutes per quarter and i have 225 pass yds per game, 70 run yads per game, 42 pts per game, 2 turnovers per game, and pretty even between me and the CPU.
All penalties sliders are maxed except the holding(50). There are not a lot of flags but thats good to me.

Now I can enjoy Madden until next summer (if no patch comes to change all my balance).
I advise everyone to do the same, play some games with random teams, check the completion %, Int/att, yds/run, fum/run, sack/att, seperately for you and CPU, then move the sliders in order to tend to the NFL numbers:
60% comp/att
3.5 Int/100att
8 sacks/100att
4 yds/run
2.5 fum/100runs
21 pts/game per team
120 plays/game

Last edited by dodorom31; 06-02-2009 at 04:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2008, 07:58 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: My own special hard tested sliders [PS3]

I just recently picked up this game again and started looking for sliders. I tried heelfans and they were pretty good. YOu sound like you put a lot of work into these. I will try them and give you some feedback. I may bump up the minutes to 10-11 as I like to run the clock down a bit. Thanks.
College Hoops 2k8 - 12-13 Legacy
psn: madness13
Old 12-21-2008, 11:51 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodorom31
Those are my custom sliders settings, i've been working on for 5 months. I've played a franchise, controlling all 32 teams, so I've played with every kind of team against every kind of team. My results after W7 are below:

Passing: 40/80/25
Rushing: 60/60/80
Pass Def: 100/15/95
Rush Def: 25/15/15
ST: 35/5/45/55/55

The Robo QB is still there but no big yardage for him. Around 70% of completed passes on both sides but 7yds avg per pass attemt.
The run is effective for me and for the CPU.
I play 9 minutes per quarter and i have 225 pass yds per game, 70 run yads per game, 42 pts per game, 2 turnovers per game, and pretty even between me and the CPU.
All penalties sliders are maxed except the holding(50). There are not a lot of flags but thats good to me.

Now I can enjoy Madden until next summer (if no patch comes to change all my balance).
I advise everyone to do the same, play some games with random teams, check the completion %, Int/att, yds/run, fum/run, sack/att, seperately for you and CPU, then move the sliders in order to tend to the NFL numbers:
60% comp/att
3.5 Int/100att
8 sacks/100att
4 yds/run
2.5 fum/run
42 pts/game
120 plays/game
Just a couple of facts about football...7 yards per completion is pretty bad, around 11 or 12 is a more realistic number. Also, yards per run is a little low as well. I will try them out though and let you know how they work out for me!
Old 12-24-2008, 05:31 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball1981
Just a couple of facts about football...7 yards per completion is pretty bad, around 11 or 12 is a more realistic number. Also, yards per run is a little low as well. I will try them out though and let you know how they work out for me!
I was not talking about yds/completion but yds per pass attempt.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:39 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 7

Sliders are going to be heavily dependent on the skill of the user... I can't play defense... I simply call the plays, make adjustments and let the AI do it's thing. Every set of sliders I've tried has made my pass defense awful, and by awful, I mean, I can't stop them at all when they pass unless I get a lucky INT.

Since I'm by no means a pro, my reflexes have long gone, and Head Coach doesn't really appeal to me (it might if it had an online league/dynasty, listen EA), I still play Madden.

What aggravates me currently, is that I wanted to just do a 5 minute quarter franchise. However simming games does not net stats of 5 minutes games. So I tried doing Supersim, and while it's closer, they still get more plays than I can in my games and thus have more yards and points...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2009, 07:33 AM   #6
Rookie

I recently changed my game style from advanced to hardcore (i kept the advanced because of the animations: backtrack, etc. but after all that games i'm tired of it). I don't know but i've got the feeling, without changing the sliders, the game is a little tougher to play. In the first 5 games i played in hardcore i took 19 sacks, i'm tackled more often behind the line, more fumbles (4 by RBs), and i scored only 6 TDs against CPUs 12. Maybe there's nothing but do you guys noticed the game is harder, depending on the game style?
Old 06-01-2009, 11:58 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Wow, qb accuracy at 50? I know for a fact robo comes out on ya. My qb acc is at 2, same with wr catch, 2.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:42 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
Wow, qb accuracy at 50? I know for a fact robo comes out on ya. My qb acc is at 2, same with wr catch, 2.
It seems high but my feeling is that under 50 the Int ratio raises too much for me. I already have to much of those, more than 6 for 100 pass attempts, when my goal is half of that. Now with those sliders I have 67% completed and 7yds/pass att. Same for the CPU.
Again those sliders work for my skills and my playing style.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »