Home

First time soccer buyer, one complaint = stadiums

This is a discussion on First time soccer buyer, one complaint = stadiums within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-17-2008, 08:34 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
First time soccer buyer, one complaint = stadiums

Hi folks. FIFA 09 is the first time I've ever bought a soccer game. I recently bought an Xbox 360, and one for a friend who lives 2000 miles away. I downloaded all the current sports game demos from Xbox Live, and this game is what I found to be the most potentially fun (maybe because the premise seems simple?) for us to play.

I've yet to score a goal on the CPU or a real live person, but I'm still having fun.

Just one complaint to list. The stadiums look pretty drab. A pan shot of one of these looks like a big, gray, WWII air hanger, on a cold rainy day, rendered on Xbox 1.

Oh, and the players running through goal posts during their celebrations.

Of course I'm willing to look past these. Especially after I get my first goal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2008, 09:51 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: First time soccer buyer, one complaint = stadiums

Yea I still nearly jump outta my chair when I get a goal in my BAP mode.
Old 12-20-2008, 08:14 AM   #3
All Star

OVR: 33

Scoring in BAP mode is insane. Its awesome.

Kinda like scoring a goal in real life.

And you realise why everyone does crazy **** after they score.

Some stadiums look really bad though.

However, stadiums of big teams such as Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge look great.
Old 12-20-2008, 04:36 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 9

People must remember that in fact some stadiums may look like WW2 buildings because a lot of them were in fact made several decades ago :P
Old 12-21-2008, 10:34 PM   #5
Rookie

shottah's Arena

OVR: 21

I only just realized not too long ago that you can move the player when they score for a brief moment. The celebrations, much like some stadiums, are kinda lame I have to admit.

MORE THAN A CLUB !!!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2008, 11:01 PM   #6
Pro

So after 20 or more online games, and maybe 3 goals later I'm here to state the stadiums aren't that bad. Some look deader than dead, but most look decent once you're in the game.

I was thrown off by one extremely dreary one. Most look kind of cool once you get used to the graphical style.

So yeah, whatever. This game rocks.

Is X and A the only way to tackle? I feel like I only steal the ball away sometimes, while my opponents steal every time they get close. Also, do people mess with the "select player" button or controls? I feel like my opponents are always on top of me, but the computer is forcing me to change players quickly, so I'm always out of position from moving the last guy.

Any tips for avoiding getting the ball stolen constantly, besides passing? I feel like maybe if I figured out some "moves" I could avoid them.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:07 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 9

Combine X and A with LT, hold until he opponent seems "vulnerable" for a tackle, release LT and press A or X.

I usually change players a lot, the cpu doesn't always make the best choices so I use LB quite a lot.

Avoid getting the ball stolen can be done as you say by passing a lot. When I'm building an attack I rarely use more than 3 touches on each player, a lot of the time I play first touch (passing the ball on right when receiving it without stopping it). You can also use LT to gain more control over the ball in narrow situations.

Suggest you read through the guide posted in the forums.
Old 12-27-2008, 05:40 PM   #8
Pro

So to defend, hold both A and X while also holding LT....then when I go for it...let go of LT, and then I have to let go of holding A and X in order to "press" one of them right?

I also learned to press LB a lot while dribbling, this has given me a handful of chances of dribbling all over my opponents goal area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiruk
Combine X and A with LT, hold until he opponent seems "vulnerable" for a tackle, release LT and press A or X.

I usually change players a lot, the cpu doesn't always make the best choices so I use LB quite a lot.

Avoid getting the ball stolen can be done as you say by passing a lot. When I'm building an attack I rarely use more than 3 touches on each player, a lot of the time I play first touch (passing the ball on right when receiving it without stopping it). You can also use LT to gain more control over the ball in narrow situations.

Suggest you read through the guide posted in the forums.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »