Home

Help on Long Distance Shots

This is a discussion on Help on Long Distance Shots within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-17-2008, 03:23 PM   #1
Rookie

fatheifer's Arena

OVR: 3
Help on Long Distance Shots

I've been reading around online, and it seems like no one can make long distance shots with any kind of consistency. I use pace control, I slow down, I do everything, but I've never made one. Does anyone know any secrets?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2008, 03:48 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Help on Long Distance Shots

The best advice I could give, which you may have already done, is to practice in the arena and figure out how much power and bend is required from a given distance. In regards to free kicks, I always aim to hit just inside where the post and crossbar meet and fire a drive shot OR aim closer to the middle and finesse it into one of the corners.

If your referring more to just normal long shots, the most important thing is to not sprint try and use RB when you can to make a tough angle for the keeper, and be aware of who your shooting with. What teams do you normally play with?? I've found it difficult to score from distance with most players, it takes a pretty talented player to score 30-40 yrds out. (Lampard, Ibrahimovic, C. Ronaldo, etc) PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE and I'm sure you will start to see some go in for ya!
Old 12-17-2008, 05:57 PM   #3
Rookie

fatheifer's Arena

I usually play with Roma. Totti and Riise are my best options from distance. I can't imagine a finesse shot beating the keeper from that far out, but maybe I'll try it. I think it's just something they need to fix in 2010.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:26 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Does changing your shooting method to semi assisted or manual make a difference on long range shots?
Old 12-18-2008, 03:29 PM   #5
Rookie

fatheifer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazylegs013
Does changing your shooting method to semi assisted or manual make a difference on long range shots?
I always used semi assisted and had no luck. Now I am playing with manual and I haven't made any still.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2008, 02:18 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatheifer
I always used semi assisted and had no luck. Now I am playing with manual and I haven't made any still.
I use semi as well. Manual seems to difficult to me, but I'm sure with plenty of practice you can really put shots from distance wherever you want.
Old 12-20-2008, 08:12 AM   #7
All Star

OVR: 33

You need the right players. Ronaldo, Gerrard, Lampard , Rooney are incredible from outside the box.

ITs all about balance. After playing a lot of games, you'll just know when the appropriate time is to shoot outside the box.

You gotta maintain balance. Don't shoot off your back foot.
Old 12-20-2008, 04:01 PM   #8
RVD
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've tried a lot of different ways, but to be honest I think the consensus is that Fifa's long-range shooting mechanics need work. The ball is way too floaty -- I've scored an absolute screamer with Rooney from far out, but I've come to the conclusion that it was basically just luck. Goalie's usually either make super saves or the ball rockets out the stadium -- definitley needs to be improved for 2010 for a greater variety of goals.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »