Home

******A Phoenix Coyotes Dynasty******

This is a discussion on ******A Phoenix Coyotes Dynasty****** within the Dynasty HQ forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Dynasty HQ
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-14-2008, 06:18 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 11
Talking ******A Phoenix Coyotes Dynasty. A Quest for Stanley******

PHOENIX, AZ- After careful deliberation, there was a new staff in town. The Coyotes would be led this year by new GM Bill Board, a former NHL player. A press conference accompanied the announcement. The GM had this to say, "The team is headed in the right direction. Some moves will be made before the official start of the season. Possably one big move for sure and some othe trades to help out our farm system and our future."

PHOENIX, AZ- Within just two days of the change in the front office, the Coyotes have already made a potentially season changing move, trading S.Reinprecht and a 2nd round pick to the New Jersey Devils for the offensively talented Patrick Elias. According to analysts, the Yotes needed more fire power out of there wingers. Word around the Yotes camp is that more moves will be made. When, where and whom have been disclosed.

Elias had this to say in an interview afte the trade had been announced, "Im sad to leave New Jersey as thats been my home since coming into the league, but I guess its time for a new chapter in my life and im excited to be with the young Phoenix club. This team has a really bright future and im hoping to be a part of a cup winning team here."

Reinprecht had this to say, "Im excited! Im moving to a powerhouse team in the Devils thats ready to win this year. I wish Phoenix good luck this season."

After the new GM Board made this trade, he went out and made another. He has traded defenseman Kurt Sauer to Edmonton for fellow defenseman Theo Peckham.

Board had this to say about the acquisition of Theo Peckham,
"The guy is a defensive beast, offensively isn't there as of yet. You can pretty much teach offense to any player, you can't teach a player to be a mean son of a bitch."

10/03
Board has struck again! This time 2 seperate trades. Phoenix has traded defenseman Fata and Hale to Detroit for J.Kindl AND has traded Centers Wyatt Smith, Yanick Lehoux, Niko Kapanen to Boston for Wacey Rabbitt and Vladimir Sobotka.

Board said this, "As for the trade for Jakub Kindl, well whats not to say? This kid is on track to be the future top line defenseman and a star in this league for quite some time. Both of these trades are for the future of this organization. All three of the players we have acquired have star potential and I like star potential as does every other GM and team in this league. I just had the brains to go out and make this trade."

ESPN analyst Barry Melrose on these recent comments from the Coyotes GM Bill Board, "Well I like how he does business. He looks out for the future of this organization as well as the future. Very few GM's dont look at the future but rather the present. As far as his comments at the end of his statement, well we will just have to see how the other GM's react to these words. Some may take it as an insult, others a challenege."

10/11
BREAKING NEWS!!! The Coyotes have claimed Goalie Craig Anderson off of waivers from the Florida Panthers.

Assistant GM Tommy Jackson had this to say, "We have claimed goaltender Craig Anderson off waivers from the Florida Panthers. Anderson will serve as Al Montoyas back-up down in the minors for right now and Craig has stated to us he is ok with this. This is strickly a move to help solitify our goaltending situation on all levels."

OPENING DAY LINE-UPS
Line 1: Elias - Jokinen(C) - Doan(A)
Line 2: Carcillo - Mueller - Boedker
Line 3: Murley - Turris - Tikhonov
Line 4: Fedoruk - Hanzel - Lisin

D-Line 1: Morris - Jovanovski(A)
D-Line 2: Yandle - Mihalek
D-Line 3: Peckham - M.Jones

Goaltenders: Bryzgalov - Tellqvist

UPDATES COMIN SOON!!!!!

(Bolded part done by gauntghost, good work on this. It was a great job on your part.)

Last edited by kenp86; 12-22-2008 at 02:27 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2008, 06:49 PM   #2
Pro

SabresKings3623's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: ******A Phoenix Coyotes Dynasty******

U STOLE GAUNTSGHOSTS' WRITING. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Last edited by SabresKings3623; 12-16-2008 at 10:32 PM.
Old 12-15-2008, 03:31 AM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresKings3623
Awesome start, I'll be following this. It's nice to see a hockey dynasty not posted in Dynasty HQ... Those were some very solid trades too...
Thanks this is my 1st time doing one of these... And usually im a big trade after big trade person.. But this time im taking the challenge of building a team. No HUGE trades, as of yet.
Old 12-15-2008, 03:45 AM   #4
MVP

After the 1st month of the season, these are the standings for the Western Conferance:

1. Anaheim Ducks: 9-3-0 18 Pts
2. Chicago Blackhawks: 8-2-0 16 Pts
3. Colorado Avalanche: 7-3-0 14 Pts
4. Detroit Red Wings: 7-4-0 14 Pts
5. Calgary Flames: 5-2-3 13 Pts
6. Columbus Blue Jackets: 6-4-0 12 Pts
7. Dallas Stars: 5-4-2 12 Pts
8. Phoenix Coyotes: 5-2-1 11 Pts
-----------------------------------------
9. Edmonton Oilers: 5-3-1 11 Pts
10. Los Angeles Kings: 5-3-1 11 Pts
11. Nashville Predators: 4-3-3 11 Pts
12. Minnesota Wild: 4-3-2 10 Pts

Although they're in last place in the Western Conferance, the Coyotes have played some spectacular hockey. They have had some tough losses thus far; losing once in OT and twice by one goal.

GM Board has said this, "I have faith in this team! We are not a bad team, just have had some bad losses along the way so far. We need to get the offense going right now. They had shown some great potential in the first month. The line-up will remain the same. Goaltending the same. They just need to believe in one another and learn where their line mates are going to be on the ice. This is a very young team. Some new faces on this team. They just have to get used to each other."

Stay tuned people, this team will be one to watch for this season!!!

Last edited by kenp86; 12-18-2008 at 02:38 PM.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:50 PM   #5
MVP

OK UPDATE: As off the trade deadline this is what has happened thus far:
LEAGUE Moves:
Ottawa sends Karlis Skrastins, Chris Neil to Buffalo for Mark Mancari and Craig Rivet
Edmonton sends Michael Leighton to Dallas for Toby Peterson
Vancouver claims Michael Leighton off waivers from Edmonton
Toronto sends Curtis Jospeh, Steffan Kronwall to the Islanders for Tim Jackman and Mark Streit
Edmonton claims Curtis Joseph off waivers from the Islanders

Scoring Leaders:
1. A.Ovechkin Wsh 81 Pts
2. I. Kovalchuk Atl 80 Pts
3. M.Comrie NYI 78 Pts
4. R.Nash CBJ 78 Pts
5. J.Toews Chi 78 Pts

Western Conferance Standings:
1. Detroit Red Wings: 37-19-9 83 Pts
2. Calgary Flames: 35-20-8 78 Pts
3. Anaheim Ducks: 36-24-5 77 Pts
4. Phoenix Coyotes: 36-24-5 77 Pts
5. Vancouver Canucks: 36-22-5 77 Pts
6. Dallas Stars: 33-22-8 74 Pts
7. Columbus Blue Jackets: 35-27-2 7 2 Pts
8. Chicago Blackhawks: 32-23-7 71 Pts
--------------------------------------------
9. St.Louis Blues: 30-23-10 70 Pts
10. Colorado Avalanche: 32-28-5 69 Pts
11. Edmonton Oilers: 30-24-9 69 Pts
12. San Jose Sharks: 30-24-8 68 Pts
13. Los Angeles Kings: 29-28-8 66 Pts
14. Minnesota Wild: 25-26-11 61 Pts
15. Nashville Predators: 22-31-11 55 Pts

TEAM LEADERS:
Goals: Olli Jokinen and Shane Doan with (29) {Elias 28- 3rd}
Assists: Olli Jokinen (45) {Elias 43- 2nd}
PIM: Olli Jokinen (223)
+/-: Olli Jokinen (+28) {Elias +25}
Wins: Ilya Bryzgalov (36)
GAA: Ilya Bryzgalov (1.65)

GM B.Board wasnt available to speak to the press, however assistant GM T.Jackson has said this. "We're in 4th place. Whats not to like about that? Sure, we would love to be in 1st place right now, but Detroit is a great team and on a roll right now. We just have to stick to what we're doing beacause its working. Jokinen deserves to be MVP of the league. His play this year is one for the ages. If he doesn't win MVP this year, thats a damn shame and both he and this organization will make sure it happens next year. Ilya has just plain and simply been a workhorse. He has played in every game and has only a 1.65 GAA. I don't know why he has played every single game and we wil discuss that with the coaches. However, this is working so maybe we'll wait 'til after the season concludes to do so."

Last edited by kenp86; 12-18-2008 at 02:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2008, 06:07 PM   #6
MVP

The regular season is over folks and here are the final Western Conferance Standings:

1. Phoenix Cootes: 49-26-7 105 Pts
2. Detroit Red Wings: 45-25-12 102 Pts
3. Vancouver Canucks: 44-28-10 98 Pts
4. Anaheim Ducks: 46-31-5 97 Pts
5. San Jose Sharks: 43-28-11 97 Pts
6. Colorado Avalanche: 45-31-6 96 Pts
7. Calgary Flames: 44-30-8 96 Pts
8. Edmonton Oilers: 43-29-10 96 Pts
------------------------------------------
9. Columbus Blue Jackets: 45-32-5 95 Pts
10. Los Angeles Kings: 41-31-10 92 Pts
11. Chicago Blackhawks: 41-32-9 91 Pts
12. Dallas Stars: 40-31-11 91 Pts
13. St.Louis Blues: 38-29-15 91 Pts
14. Minnesota Wild: 31-37-14 76 Pts
15. Nashville Predators: 25-44-13 63 Pts

TEAM LEADERS:
Goals: Olli Jokinen (39) {Elias 32- 2nd}
Assists: Elias (57)
PIM: Daniel Carcillo (270)
+/-: Olli Jokinen (+35) {Elias +31- 2nd}
Wins: Ilya Bryzgalov (49)
GAA: Ilya Bryzgalov (2.54)
SO: Ilya Bryzgalov (4)

Assistant GM T.Jackson had this to say, "We did it! We did it! We went from one of the worst teams last season to the top of the West in one season. This feeling is great, and hope to replace this feeling with the feeling of winning the Stanley Cup."

Olli Jokinen had this to say earlier today in an interview with ESPN analyst Barry Melrose. "When I was traded here from Florida, I just thought I was going from one bad team to another. I was pretty down. But this season has been the best of my career so far. I give the GM's and ownership of the organization all the credit in the world right now. They took a very young and growing team and in really one season, we are the top of the West and in the playoffs. Im so excited right now."

Left Winger Patrick Elias had this to say to Matthew Barnaby, "When I was traded to Phoenix, I knew we had a good young team and that it would take at least two years to grow and gel into a top flight team. I was exicted to be appart of this team for the future. But noone expected this to happen this fast. I love these guys."

Excited about this sudden and unexpected rise to the top, the Phoenix Coyotes are indeed on the top of the world right now. However, they face the ever so dangerous Edmonton Oilers and goaltender Dwayne Roloson who is a playoff wonder as of the past few years. Lets see how the young and talented Coyotes handle the young but experienced Oiler team as Dwayne Roloson looks to work his playoff magic once again this year! Stay tuned folks, this series is going to be a duzzie!

Last edited by kenp86; 12-18-2008 at 02:39 PM.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:11 PM   #7
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Good stuff Ken, but we want dynasties to stay in the Dynasty HQ Forum. I'll be moving it over. Sorry for the inconvenience...
Old 12-15-2008, 10:04 PM   #8
MVP

sry bout that i have no idea where the dynasty forum is. where is it?

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Dynasty HQ »