Home

I usually dispise thread like this.

This is a discussion on I usually dispise thread like this. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-13-2008, 01:06 AM   #1
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
I usually dispise thread like this.

However, I am going to ask anyway. But first let me give a little background. For the first time in my life (I am 29 years old) and have played Madden every single year since 92 I did not buy Madden or NCAA Football this year. I used to be in love with this series. I used to do rosters for NCAA Football back on the old XBOX and one of my favorite things to do was import my rosters. I would play NCAA and Madden simultaneously. It was great. Then the 360 happened. And I lost interest. I bought Madden 06, played it a couple of times and put it on the shelf. I bought Madden 07, played it a few times and did the same thing. I bought Madden 08 really without thinking about it because it was what I always had done and maybe played it five times. However this year I did not buy Madden 09. So (I didn't mean to ramble on for that long)...should I buy this game? Overall is it worth it? I've read the Operation Sports review which leads me to believe I would enjoy this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2008, 01:14 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: I usually dispise thread like this.

It's a improvement over 08, but is not worth it IMO. I went out and bought it, had to wait a entire month for the second patch to have it go from a horrible game to a mediocre game. Then the DLC gave some glimmer of hope. After being misled for another month by some devs on here, we finally get the news that there is NO DLC. Sold it that same day.
Old 12-13-2008, 01:17 AM   #3
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven123
It's a improvement over 08, but is not worth it IMO. I went out and bought it, had to wait a entire month for the second patch to have it go from a horrible game to a mediocre game. Then the DLC gave some glimmer of hope. After being misled for another month by some devs on here, we finally get the news that there is NO DLC. Sold it that same day.
Disagree, The gameplay is fine but its the lack of excitement that kills this game long term for me. Boring franchise and boring games.
Old 12-13-2008, 01:43 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
Disagree, The gameplay is fine but its the lack of excitement that kills this game long term for me. Boring franchise and boring games.
Agreed. I sold mine due to the boredom factor. Every game is the same, be it preseason or even the Super Bowl. Crowd noise is like......well, let's just say the crowd is livelier at Ford Field in real life!

Let me answer the OP as so many others will------rent it first.
Old 12-13-2008, 02:02 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 10

^ Perfectly stated. The game is ok but its boring. There is absolutly no difference from playing the Patriots to the Raiders. It all feels the same. Teams dont have their true-to life identities.

When I play against the Steelers/Ravens I want to feel pressure that I would not feel playing the 49ers. But in Madden 09 that simply doesnt happen. All teams feel the same. And Franchise mode is terribly bland and boring.

Like most of us, if you buy it you probably will enjoy it for a day to maybe a week but in the end it will become boring.

Unless you are an online player then who knows it might be enjoyable to you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2008, 02:14 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 18

Decent game, both this and NCAA got about 150 games total from me. Can't put my finger on it, but it just didn't have that "it". 100 of those games were from NCAA, but because I was in an online dynasty.

I truly wouldn't pay more than 30.00 dollars for it at this point of the season, maybe even less.
Old 12-13-2008, 03:33 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 14

My opinion - want a more complete football game with decent graphics? NFL 2K5
Old 12-13-2008, 04:07 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 31

Going from Madden 08 on PC to Madden 09 360 was like night and day. The gameplay on 09 is great. The only reason I am still not playing it is because of the lack of accelerated clock.

I was overall pretty satisfied with the purchase. It was sad that there are so many missing features from last gen but overall the game is a major improvement.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »