Home

Season play is basically useless...

This is a discussion on Season play is basically useless... within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-05-2008, 03:18 AM   #1
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25
Season play is basically useless...

Okay...so I sit down to start a season, pick the Mavs as I want to run with J Kidd.

Get ready for battle with the Rockets, Jazz etc out west.

But, hang on...Tracy McGrady isn't in the game.

Carlos Boozer isn't in the game.

And several other all star level guys aren't in the game.

Why? Because they are injured this week...so they'll never appear in your season of LIVE. Never.

If a guy is injured now...he stays that way FOREVER in the game...and you can't move him off IR.

T-Mac is going to miss the next few weeks, so any season you guys start in that time period will never include him.

When Booze comes back in real life...he stll won't ever appear in my season that I've started.

Even if I play a full season...and meet the Jazz in the playoffs, he'll be on IR.

I think Aaron said a few weeks ago here "It's like all these guys died or something" as they are never in the game.

The only way around this is to re-set the rosters...which means I lose all the dna / new players / trades...default rosters will mean Darius Miles is still playing...

Crazy. Season play is basically useless with these rosters.

For the EA guys here...isn't there some way you can release a roster for us guys who want to start a season post patch and not have multiple players never play?

It's ridiculous that a guy out for 3 days when you commence your season never plays in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2008, 03:46 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: Season play is basically useless...

Yup. And the EA producers say the game is done, no more patches.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:51 AM   #3
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjccommish
I don't need a patch...just a simple roster with ALL players available to start my season.

It's completely ridiculous that a guy like Boozer, out for a few days in real life, is out forever in my season.

I don't want to play games v Houston where T-Mac never plays...or Utah where Boozer never plays.

Imagine playing an 82 game season and you get to the playoffs...and guys out with a sore toe still aren't playing.
Old 12-05-2008, 05:39 AM   #4
MVP

rawdog805's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjccommish
Did they really say this??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Court_vision
I don't need a patch...just a simple roster with ALL players available to start my season.

It's completely ridiculous that a guy like Boozer, out for a few days in real life, is out forever in my season.

I don't want to play games v Houston where T-Mac never plays...or Utah where Boozer never plays.

Imagine playing an 82 game season and you get to the playoffs...and guys out with a sore toe still aren't playing.
Why not just start the season with Default Rosters and create the trades yourself??

XBox One GT: rawdog805

Twitch: dufflebag_ran

Steam: rawdog805
Old 12-05-2008, 08:02 AM   #5
Pro

cactusruss's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm pretty new to Live, but I knew about this problem when I got the game earlier this week. I figured I could just manually adjust the rosters and start a dynasty with injuries turned off, which isn't ideal, but it's better than having everyone who goes in IR never come off. Will that not work?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2008, 08:17 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Court_vision
Definitely agree Court_vision. I posted this in the "ask a devs" thread not too long ago:

iminurbase,

Can it be changed for next year though? I was wondering, for next year, would it be possible for you guys to release 2 sets of rosters for every 365 update?

One for what you have now - fully updated rosters/lineups with DNA, injuries/suspensions, hot/cold streaks, impact streaks, etc..

Then another for fully updated rosters/lineups with DNA tendencies, but without injuries, hot/cold streaks, impact streaks, etc..?

I think that the Live 365/Dynamic DNA feature is amazing, and the fact that they can update everything as realistically as possible every day is amazing too. I just think that they missed the effect that it will have for season/dynasty users, thus resulting in all the "workarounds" that we're trying to successfully achieve.

And just because sometimes you just wanna use Sun Yue in play now even though he has yet to play a game irl, but can't because of the medical cross.

Last edited by 23bluesman; 12-05-2008 at 08:23 AM.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:23 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 34

I restarted my season since the knicks roster has changed so dramatically. What I did was just put all of the injured players back into the rotation before restarting, and when I started the dynasty, I turned "simulation injuries" off since the CPU doesnt manage its IR when players are healed from their injuries.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:28 AM   #8
All Star

Jasong7777's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23bluesman
Definitely agree Court_vision. I posted this in the "ask a devs" thread not too long ago:

iminurbase,

Can it be changed for next year though? I was wondering, for next year, would it be possible for you guys to release 2 sets of rosters for every 365 update?

One for what you have now - fully updated rosters/lineups with DNA, injuries/suspensions, hot/cold streaks, impact streaks, etc..

Then another for fully updated rosters/lineups with DNA tendencies, but without injuries, hot/cold streaks, impact streaks, etc..?

I think that the Live 365/Dynamic DNA feature is amazing, and the fact that they can update everything as realistically as possible every day is amazing too. I just think that they missed the effect that it will have for season/dynasty users, thus resulting in all the "workarounds" that we're trying to successfully achieve.

And just because sometimes you just wanna use Sun Yue in play now even though he has yet to play a game irl, but can't because of the medical cross.
This would be perfect. Before I got the game I knew about the Live 365 rosters, but I thought they would also just do regular roster update like in the past. That would be ideal for me. On top of that, I tried to start a Lakers dynasty, but the game kept freezing. Love the game but it's just not working out. After playing this game I can't go back to 2k9. Might have to go without a basketball game this season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »