Home

I need help trading away Marc Bulger

This is a discussion on I need help trading away Marc Bulger within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-21-2008, 07:28 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
I need help trading away Marc Bulger

Im playing as the st. louis rams and i wanna have a young team so who should i trade Marc Bulger for? I got trade offers and they were bad the best one was from the dolphins which they offered a 4th round draft pick 2010. How can i change the offers?

Thank you
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2008, 05:23 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: I need help trading away Marc Bulger

Use the request package in the trade negotioans screen, if you ask for something they would do you may need to requaet 3 or 4 times for that package.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:22 PM   #3
Pro

kwpit79's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp
Use the request package in the trade negotioans screen, if you ask for something they would do you may need to requaet 3 or 4 times for that package.
Never heard of this - Can you use this to trade up/down in the draft? I'm not near my 360 to check.
Old 11-22-2008, 11:16 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

The fact is that the AI does not give high draft picks up easily. If you have a player who is making what he is worth in salary, you can't get a high pick for him.

I do two things in your situation:

1) trade him for the 4th.
2) wait until the next draft, and put him on the trade block, and use him when I trade up for his replacement.
Old 11-22-2008, 12:25 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwpit79
Never heard of this - Can you use this to trade up/down in the draft? I'm not near my 360 to check.

Whenever you are in the trade screen you see each teams offer, you van select on team an a sub screen pops up with accept offer end negotiation with this team, ask for a better offer and select a package.
If you ask for too much the team will say so or may end negotiations, but if your request is at the teams outer willingness to do the will say something like sounds ok but why not this. You may need to do that a few times to get the team to take the offer.

Works during the season/offseason draft. You also may want to put other players on the trade block, the other team may want Bulger and another play for a package of picks/players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2008, 11:03 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

You are going to take a 10+ million dollar cap hit if you trade him. He has a massive contract. This is crippling the real-life Rams also.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:57 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Sounds like the 4th round offer is a pretty fair one, considering Bulger had an injury plagued year in 2007, threw for more interceptions than TD's (11 to 15), and carries a high cap value to any team willing to offer draft picks. If you're looking to rebuild and cant stomach only getting a 4th rounder try to negotiate but bear in mind the $10 million plus of freed up cap should afford you to bring in at least 2 premier players
Old 11-23-2008, 06:47 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRaider
The fact is that the AI does not give high draft picks up easily. If you have a player who is making what he is worth in salary, you can't get a high pick for him.

If you have the strategy guide, you can look up the GM's from different teams and it will tell you which ones will overpay for players. This will give you an idea of what you may be able to ask for in trade negociations.

I'm the Rams now in my 3rd season and haven't been able to trade him yet. I'll try again in the offseason.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »