Home

Official NBA LIVE 09 (360 + PS3) Bugs/Glitches Thread

This is a discussion on Official NBA LIVE 09 (360 + PS3) Bugs/Glitches Thread within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-23-2008, 07:29 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 11
Exclamation Official NBA LIVE 09 (360 + PS3) Bugs/Glitches Thread

Didn't see a dedicated thread to this topic, but one is definitely needed. Post ALL bugs/glitches as it relates to ANYTHING Live 09 (360 and PS3) here.

I'll start (PS3 system):

-Lack of timeouts (teams only call timeouts when the oopposition goes on 10-0, 10-2 runs and when ball game in close late in the 4th quarter).

-Goaltending glitch (Many times when a player shoots the ball, the opposition will jump up and grab the ball right before it reaches the rim or if it touches the rim....they grab it OFF the rim).

-The "Sprite Highlight Reel" is not working on the PS3 system (shows nothing) and the replay feature is laggy/choppy as well.

-Inbound glitch 1 (when the cpu scores a basket and my team's player grabs the ball to inbound it, he is whistled for stepping out-of-bounds).

-Inbound glitch 2 (when teams try to inbopund the ball quickly after a scored basket by the opponent, the inbounding player does not go all the way behind the line. Instead he grabs the ball and passes it while he's still in-play).

-Stat overlay is incorrect. When player "X" scores a basket, it shows the correct point total for that particular player, but it then shows an incorrect point total. This happens all game long.

-Free throws are way too EASY. Something needs to be done about this. I can nail 90% of my attempts with even Shaq. I have gone MULTIPLE games without my user-controlled team missing any FTs.

-"Ghosting" glitch (players going through other players).

-"Over-the-head" glitch (players shooting at the basket with their back turned away from it)

-Injuries bug (or lack thereof. In 2+ weeks playing this game, I have NOT seen a single player go down with an injury)

-CPU settings glitch (the CPU 'Offensive rebounding' slider RESETS to ZERO whenever the game is re-started. Default is 25, but I have mine set to 30. Whenever I start the game....it's turned down to 0) *might be related to 365 roster update because that's when I first started noticing it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2008, 07:55 PM   #2
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: Official NBA LIVE 09 (360 + PS3) Bugs/Glitches Thread

The only reason we didnt make this thread was because beluba asked us to post things in the wishlist thread instead.

Ill leave it open but im not going to sticky it.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:32 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 10

Easy free throws isn't a glitch...

I don't think this is a GLITCH because it makes sense, but it's very annoying:

When you get the ball and you do the hard drop step dribble move... (the one that knocks people back and you turn to the basket.) you can still dribble. So the animation is a non dribble move even though that one hard dribble is part of the animation.

Therefore, you can do that move, fake a shot... then be like psych I can still dribble! And just go right to the basket and dunk.

-Smak
Old 10-23-2008, 09:05 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 14

- Doing the fake shot multiple times results in some players physically sliding (and essentially traveling) on the floor, doing this in conjunction with jab steps, they travel even further

- When an opposing defender is bodying me up and playing tight, if I do a fake shot, after the fake shot we're both a few feet from our original location. So I can keep on faking and we will keep on traveling
Old 10-23-2008, 11:36 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

-I feel this is important. Defensive matchups. Players do not guard who you ask them to guard..sometimes it happens, but usually a full quarter or longer later.
-Loose balls. Whats going on with these dudes when the ball is on the ground? I had a guy let a rebound fall off his back...roll behind him, the other team picked it up..dunked it, all without my dude turning around. Thats an extreme example but the loose ball reactions are horrible.
-If you are in a zone and you come out of a time out or to start a quater, your defense is all grouped it up in along the bench. Cheesers love taking advantage of this with a full court pin point accurate pass.
-NOBODY stops the ball...the most basic rule of defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2008, 03:13 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 7

the "ghosting" glitch happens a lot in 2k9. its never happened to me in live.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:33 AM   #7
MVP

stizz's Arena

OVR: 16

I hired this out on the weekend and sometimes during a game, everything goes real bright for a few minutes before going back to normal.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:34 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

How about
1) The floater. By far the most unstoppable move. Absurdly unrealistic it doesn't miss, and they'll make like 70% contested too.
2) Pick and roll, open to the screener 90% of the time for a dunk.
3) Baseline move, just run wide and down the baseline, foul or basket almost ever ytime
4) Fast break, your big guys don't seem to like running back, even switching the slider to get back seems to do nothing, and if they score and celebrate the guy they were covering is open for a dunk almost every time.

I cannot believe someone could have made this game and not noticed these things or not cared to fix them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »