Home

Ask the devs a question

This is a discussion on Ask the devs a question within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 09:01 PM   #1
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Ask the devs a question

Im experimenting to try to help the devs with our questions, but before I go any further, remember that there is no guarantee to get an answer... they are working on a new game afterall

Alright here's the rundown

This forum lately has been all over the place with questions for stephensonmc on various subjects about the game, bugs, server issues, rewind, etc...

Im putting this thread here so that in the least, he can see everything in one spot, and hopefully we can eliminate some of the redundant threads and questions that we could probably give tips for.

What I mean by that is, if its something you with the game might be able to answer then by all means do it.

That said, I'll lock any redundant threads guys so dont be offended because its nothing personal, just put it in here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2008, 09:05 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Ask the devs a question

What's the estimated release time of the patch?

When will a Dev. be able to let us know what gameplay improvements will be addressed with the update?
Old 10-21-2008, 09:28 PM   #3
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8

Will the defensive matchups be patched so you can put your best defenders on certain players that you want them to guard?

Will the patch also include stopping the automatic inbound pass online, along with players not going back on defense after a made basket until the opposing team touches the ball.

Also included in the patch, lowering the field goal% online? Appreciate the efforts.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:36 PM   #4
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

Is there any fatigue online ??? It seems to me like there is no fatigue what so ever and the starters just play the entire game.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:47 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 3

I posted this in another thread but I'll post it here again:

I noticed a bug in online ranked games. When you do a rematch with someone and they quit in the middle of the second game, the game doesn't get recorded. I bring this up because people have done this twice to me now so I'm missing 2 wins. No biggie but in the future I won't do rematches with people since it's only wasting my time.

Is it possible to get this fixed?

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2008, 01:53 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 11

1) What is the definition of the "Sink or Swim" slider?

2) Does the "Shot Alter Ability" slider mean that the defense can alter the offensive player's shot......OR does it mean that the offensive player can alter his own shot and make a higher % of contested shots?

3) The cpu NEVER takes timeouts during the game unless the other team goes on 10-0 runs and when ball game in close late in the 4th quarter. Can this be fixed/patched?

4) Is "fatigue" broken? Playing 4 min quarters w/ fatigue slider maxed to 100.....the starters will still play almost the entire game.

5) The "Sprite Highlight Reel" is not working on the PS3 system (shows nothing) and the replay feature is laggy/choppy as well. Is there plans to correct those 2 issues?

6) Free-Throw shooting is way too easy in Live 09 (even with Shaq, I can time it to make about 90% of his shots). Is there a way to increase the difficulty on FTs (via patch maybe)?

7) Sometimes when the cpu scores a basket and my team's player grabs the ball to inbound it.....he is whistled for stepping out-of-bounds (which is clearly a bug). I notice this about once a game. Are you guys aware of this?

8) Many times, players (me or cpu) will shoot the ball and the opposition will jump up and grab the ball right before it reaches the rim (clear goaltending violation) or if it touches the rim....they grab it OFF the rim (another goaltending violation).

This happens a few times per game, every game, and this really needs to be fixed because it's not real-life NBA basketball. Are you guys aware of this and canm you please PATCH it up?
Old 10-23-2008, 01:55 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 24

I have to know Steph - boxers or briefs?
Old 10-23-2008, 02:04 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by left4dead
1) What is the definition of the "Sink or Swim" slider?

2) Does the "Shot Alter Ability" slider mean that the defense can alter the offensive player's shot......OR does it mean that the offensive player can alter his own shot and make a higher % of contested shots?

3) The cpu NEVER takes timeouts during the game unless the other team goes on 10-0 runs and when ball game in close late in the 4th quarter. Can this be fixed/patched?

4) Is "fatigue" broken? Playing 4 min quarters w/ fatigue slider maxed to 100.....the starters will still play almost the entire game.

5) The "Sprite Highlight Reel" is not working on the PS3 system (shows nothing) and the replay feature is laggy/choppy as well. Is there plans to correct those 2 issues?

6) Free-Throw shooting is way too easy in Live 09 (even with Shaq, I can time it to make about 90% of his shots). Is there a way to increase the difficulty on FTs (via patch maybe)?

7) Sometimes when the cpu scores a basket and my team's player grabs the ball to inbound it.....he is whistled for stepping out-of-bounds (which is clearly a bug). I notice this about once a game. Are you guys aware of this?

8) Many times, players (me or cpu) will shoot the ball and the opposition will jump up and grab the ball right before it reaches the rim (clear goaltending violation) or if it touches the rim....they grab it OFF the rim (another goaltending violation).

This happens a few times per game, every game, and this really needs to be fixed because it's not real-life NBA basketball. Are you guys aware of this and canm you please PATCH it up?
Great questions.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »