Home

*SPOILER* The Mike Zazzali Draft Potententials...

This is a discussion on *SPOILER* The Mike Zazzali Draft Potententials... within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-19-2008, 09:09 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
*SPOILER* The Mike Zazzali Draft Potententials...

I've done a little bt of scouting of today and I've scouted like 90% of the players of this draft class. I also went through the draft a few times, so I could see when would be these players taken. My philosophies: QB: Field General, HB: Balanced, FB: Blocking, WR: Balanced, TE: Playmaker, G: Size/Mauler/Strength, C: Size/Strength/Mauler, T: Size/Strength/Engulfer DT: Versatile/3-4, DE: Versatile/3-4, OLB: Passrusher/3-4 Blitzer, MLB: 3-4 Tackler, CB: Man Coverage/Ballhawk, FS: Balanced, SS: Balanced. I only post players with 85 potential and above.

QB
Mike Zazzali - 94 - on the top 50 prospect list (usually taken in the first 3 picks)
Demarquis Cody - 88 the seond best qb in this class, but he's a big sleeper, I got him in the 6th rd

HB
Vonnie Mendenhall - 91 1st rnd
Adrian Joseph JR. - 93 1st rnd, but usually AFTER Mendenhall
Jacob Flyn - 88 he's usually taken in either the 2nd or the 3rd round
Kenton Kason - 89 sleeper 4th, 5th round, pretty good back

FB
There are none with a potential of 85 of higher in this class

WR
Blake Walton - 91 1st rnd
Kendrell Kennison - 87 usually in the 1st round, he's rarely available in the 2nd
Dominique Berlin - 87 1st or 2nd round
Roscoe Lester - 89 2nd round (rarely he survives until the 3rd)
Sedrick Stephens - 86 the guy is a giant and and a sleeper (he's 6'7) he's usually taken in the 5th or in the 6th rnd
Kemba Myers - 88 Sleeper, got him in the 5th rnd

TE
Kwame Frampton - 86 1st rnd
Joshua Brandt - 88 2nd rnd

LT
Geoff Schafer - 92 2nd or 3rd rnd

LG
Rondell Owens - 94 2nd or 3rd rnd
Rusty Willis - 85 5th or 6th rnd

C
Franklin Mclemore - 93 2nd or 3rd
Jeremy Dahl - 93 2nd or 3rd
Sugar Hilliard - 88 5th, 6th

RG
Tyler Fordham - 93 2nd rnd
Sean Fogerty - 87 3rd, 4th
Luther Bishop - 85 goes undrafted everytime

RT
Trumaine Stallings - 88 4th, 5th

LG
Jay Nedney - 90 2nd, 3rd
Jamelle Shaw - 91 biggest sleeper of the class, usually goes undrafted or ends up taken in the 7th

RE
Vernon Caldwell 85 1st rnd

DT
Tim White - 89 1st or 2nd

CB
Demario Waddel - 94 on the top 50 prospect list, 1st rnd
Syvelle Simpson - 86 1st or 2nd
Knoshawn Mincey - 85 2nd or 3rd
(sleeper: Deanthon Nails - 84 5th, 6th)

MLB
Gino King - 93 1st rd
Arnold Alexander - 86 2nd
Scott Edwards - 86 2nd
(sleeper: Nelson Martin - 84 goes undrafted or gets taken in the 7th)

LOLB
Chase Beck - 88 1st rd

ROLB
Shevin Sparks - 85 3rd or 4th

FS
Riley Mears - 89 1st or 2nd
Sanrick Raines - 91 2nd or 3rd
Howard Moss - 85 4th, 5th

SS
Jerome Bartel - 89 1st or 2nd
R.B. Williams - 87 3rd, sometimes 4th

That's it. Demario Waddel is a beast, I love him. Mike Zazzali is more like a yeti, than a QB, but he's great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2008, 09:56 PM   #2
MVP

AnybodyKilla's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: *SPOILER* The Mike Zazzali Draft Potententials...

Mike Zazzali is a stud. He's like a linebacker at QB. Hard to bring down.

I also got Sanrick Raines, and moved him to SS, he was actually a better SS for me. I had a few others but I dont remember much of me keeping or drafting them. I usually draft most the good olinemen.
#9 Syracuse Orange!! (15-1)(3-0)
Old 03-12-2009, 10:20 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

I was so excited about this thread, but when I went home and checked out my draft board, most of those sleepers weren't even listed.

Will they show up in later rounds of the draft, or are they randomized so that they don't always show up in the Zazzali draft?

I'm picking 5th, and can't seem to get the Falcons to pick anyone but Waddell at number 4, and they want an arm and a leg for me to trade up 1 spot. Any suggestions?
Old 03-12-2009, 01:10 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 12

Jacon Flynn has a POT of 90 if you use the workhorse philosophy, he is very good but he is slow though the one knock I have on him.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:11 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 8

FYI, in the later rounds of the draft the names are randomly generated

colleges stay the same, however
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2009, 01:35 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

I got both Zazzalli AND Waddell!!!

I had to give up my '10 number 1 and 31st overall pick (that I had from trading Tony Gonzalez to the Seahawks) to get the first overall pick from the Raiders to get Zazzali. I'm playing as the Chiefs and DID NOT want to go up against Zazzalli twice a year. I also traded my 5th overall pick and like a 4th to move up to 3 overall for Waddell, could not get the Falcons to give me the 4th, and they took Waddell at 4 every time I tried to snag him.

So I traded 3 Round 1 picks, and 1 round 4, to get 2 Hall of Famers. It was worth it. Especially since my '10 Round 1 pick will probably be in the 30s.

In my first year I won 4 games. In year two, I'm already 10-1, trailing the Bucs who are 11-0. Funny thing is I dumped Brodie Croyle after year one even though he went to the pro bowl, and the Bucs picked him up. Dick Curl (yeah that's his real name) must be the best QB coach in the world for my QBs to be this good. What is ticking me off though, is I'm ranking 4th in the coach of the year voting. But Vikings, Bears, and Bucs all have to play each other and they're the top three coaches. 4 of my last 5 games are at home, and 4 of the Bucs last 5 are on the road. No AFC team but mine has less then 2 losses, so I'm in good shape.

I think I'll win it all this year. Zazzalli is MVP, Offensive MVP, OffRotY, and Waddel is Def.MVP, Def.RotY, and has 10 interceptions, (I think 7 of them for touchdowns) in only 11 games!!! He's also run TWO kicks back for TDs as my second kick returner, behind a guy (can't think of his name) who has run back 4 or 5; 2 in one game once.

best part is the '10 Round 1 draft looks really bad so far with a lot of stud QBs a great LT, but nothing that I could really use, so I don't think I'll need a round 1 pick. However, the possitions I need don't look like there is much talent, so I might have to actually deal with some Free Agents, or work some trades.

Last edited by DocBean; 04-01-2009 at 01:46 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:25 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBean
Dick Curl (yeah that's his real name).

Old 04-02-2009, 08:25 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Oshinowo (the stud LT, I assume) is pretty amazing, but he was seriously underrated by the other teams in my draft - I picked him up at the bottom of the first round. Ends up being 98, never injured, and easy to negotiate contracts with.

If you can trade back into the first round, he's worth it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »