Home

BATTING STANCE/PITCHING DELIVERY THREAD

This is a discussion on BATTING STANCE/PITCHING DELIVERY THREAD within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-04-2008, 08:27 AM   #1
All Star

Rod_Carew29's Arena

OVR: 38
Thumbs up BATTING STANCE/PITCHING DELIVERY THREAD

Many of us have posted what we feel are the correct stances and deliveries in more than one spot on these boards....lol

So m-a-y-b-e this will be sticky'd as a starting point for all of us to exchange ideas, thoughts and direct others to the revised batting stances and pitching deliveries that are inaccurate in The Show 2008.

If possible, please state what system you're playing on, since the stance/delivery options are NOT identical between the three gaming platforms (PS3, PS2 & PSP).

Last edited by Rod_Carew29; 03-04-2008 at 10:39 AM. Reason: correction
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2008, 08:30 AM   #2
All Star

Rod_Carew29's Arena

Manny Ramirez & James Loney

For the Show 2007, I used O. Cabrera's stance for Loney.

I will be looking into changing Manny's stance in The Show 2008 to the 'Loney' Stance

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMiami
I found James (or Jim) Loney has Manny's stance. Its almost identical to his real-life stance.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:36 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: BATTING STANCE/PITCHING DELIVERY THREAD

I dont know man. I know many stance is a bit low but everything else about it is ok. Look at him from the pitchers view and tell me what you think. I may be wrong. Besides I dont want to ruin the famous manny follow through for that. Now ryan howards on the other hand...Arggggggh how could scea screw that up. They had to try and mess his up, the dude was in their mocap studio! Cant beleive they recycled his stance from 07. Shame on yall chris/kolbe shame on yall! Hes the cover athlete!
Old 03-04-2008, 08:45 AM   #4
All Star

Rod_Carew29's Arena

Ryan Howard's Stance @ Wookie

LMAO.....I know what you mean....

Try this: for 07 (and for 08), I'm using Ensberg's stance for Howard...looks a HELLUVA lot better than that whatever they claim as Howard's in the game.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookie48
I dont know man. I know many stance is a bit low but everything else about it is ok. Look at him from the pitchers view and tell me what you think. I may be wrong. Besides I dont want to ruin the famous manny follow through for that. Now ryan howards on the other hand...Arggggggh how could scea screw that up. They had to try and mess his up, the dude was in their mocap studio! Cant beleive they recycled his stance from 07. Shame on yall chris/kolbe shame on yall! Hes the cover athlete!
Old 03-04-2008, 09:08 AM   #5
All Star

Rod_Carew29's Arena

Big Papi @ Sedihawk

I don't know WHAT or WHO the stance is for Big Papi is, but they got to be kidding me...I'm sure i'll find one

The one for 07 is not really his, but it was close enough...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedihawk2K5
Totally agree. I don't understand it either.

Rod, did you notice if they went backwards with Papi's stance? Last year they changed his stance on the PS2/PSP, but this year from the PSP demo and the PS2 trailer it looks like they went back to his '06 stance? Weird.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2008, 09:10 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 8

Ryan Howard's stance is an absolute joke. How his stance is wrong is beyond me. I figure he's the one guy they'd get right.

I'm not trying to be a "downer" here but MLB 08 can't hold a candle to the MLB 2K series when it comes to signature styles. For me that's a huge area of the game.

I'm still waiting for Chris to give me some explaination on this topic. He said he'd address it at some point. I'm eagerly awaiting.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:17 AM   #7
All Star

Rod_Carew29's Arena

@ Bronk

If you (SCEA) pay someone (Howard) to not only motion capture for you, but to be on the cover of your newest game....there is NO excuse. Some heads should roll....and I'm very serious....

And the notion of well, we will focus all of our resources on the PS3 platform just ain't gonna wash with me. Bottom line...it's money SCEA...OUR MONEY!!!

It doesn't matter if the comsumer buys this game for the PSP, PS2 or the PS3...we ALL deserve the BEST effort put forth...and SCEA CLEARLY fell asleep at the wheel big time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronk_Bonin
Ryan Howard's stance is an absolute joke. How his stance is wrong is beyond me. I figure he's the one guy they'd get right.

I'm not trying to be a "downer" here but MLB 08 can't hold a candle to the MLB 2K series when it comes to signature styles. For me that's a huge area of the game.

I'm still waiting for Chris to give me some explaination on this topic. He said he'd address it at some point. I'm eagerly awaiting.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:28 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

Yes, Loney is a dead-ringer for Manny... The posture, the arms, the bat location. The rest of the Red Sox appear to be okay. Ortiz doesn't look that bad actually. I was just comparing his stance to game footage and its not nearly as bad as Manny's.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »