Home

Basic Slider Set

This is a discussion on Basic Slider Set within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-18-2007, 02:21 AM   #1
We Go Again

VTPack919's Arena

OVR: 22
Basic Slider Set

What would be a good set of sliders to use when I get the game? I just plan one using the default rosters and simming a few year in my franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2007, 09:41 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Basic Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTPack919
What would be a good set of sliders to use when I get the game? I just plan one using the default rosters and simming a few year in my franchise.
No way to answer this because it all depends on how you play the game (control players vs coach only) and how good you are.

If you are just simming you don't need sliders. Just set the sim game length to 5 mins.

C
Old 12-19-2007, 12:58 AM   #3
We Go Again

VTPack919's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
No way to answer this because it all depends on how you play the game (control players vs coach only) and how good you are.

If you are just simming you don't need sliders. Just set the sim game length to 5 mins.

C
I am definately controlling my players and I am no stranger to the way 2k plays, I just want something that makes it play realisticallyand fixes some issues.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:55 AM   #4
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15

bill harris sliders
Old 12-19-2007, 02:15 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 29

Personally, I've settled on default All-Pro for this game w/Puja's sliders).

The problem with sliders is that you're always fiddling with them trying to get them right... It just goes in circles. I've tried a dozen from this forum, and none of them have worked for me (including the previously mentioned Bill's - they were the worst... I was winning by 60-70 every game).

But you're not going to be able to get a set answer from anyone - just try out a few and see how it goes. And don't forget about trying default sliders. They're set where they are for a reason - and often fiddling with them just screws up more things.

Also - keep the penalty sliders not much above 1/2. I've found that like All-Pro 2k8, if they're higher, then players don't play as aggressively, and it messes up a few things like defensive back play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2007, 02:23 AM   #6
We Go Again

VTPack919's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmay
Personally, I've settled on default All-Pro for this game w/Puja's sliders).

The problem with sliders is that you're always fiddling with them trying to get them right... It just goes in circles. I've tried a dozen from this forum, and none of them have worked for me (including the previously mentioned Bill's - they were the worst... I was winning by 60-70 every game).

But you're not going to be able to get a set answer from anyone - just try out a few and see how it goes. And don't forget about trying default sliders. They're set where they are for a reason - and often fiddling with them just screws up more things.

Also - keep the penalty sliders not much above 1/2. I've found that like All-Pro 2k8, if they're higher, then players don't play as aggressively, and it messes up a few things like defensive back play.
I have seen the sets up here but it seems most of them are supposed to be used in correlation with certain rosters and such? Am I just reading to much into them?
Old 12-19-2007, 02:25 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTPack919
I have seen the sets up here but it seems most of them are supposed to be used in correlation with certain rosters and such? Am I just reading to much into them?
Many do used roster sets, yeah. Mostly because some rosters have very specific edits to attributes, and the sliders go hand in hand with them.

ones like Bill's and Zero sliders pretty much go with the default sliders, though.
Old 12-19-2007, 02:26 AM   #8
We Go Again

VTPack919's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmay
Many do used roster sets, yeah. Mostly because some rosters have very specific edits to attributes, and the sliders go hand in hand with them.

ones like Bill's and Zero sliders pretty much go with the default sliders, though.
alright thats the answer I was looking for, thanks alot man!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders »