Home

The Little Things Thread....

This is a discussion on The Little Things Thread.... within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-18-2007, 05:19 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Thumbs up The Little Things Thread....

I'm enjoying the game so far. A couple of little things I noticed off the top of my head...

1)The Head Tracking is SICK. I busted a run off-tackle with Natrone Means straight towards the pylon with his body pointed at the cone, but his head is looking toward the defenders coming from the center of the field. It looked completely real on the replay.

2)John Taylor, running a fly pattern, reached back with both hands without breaking stride on an underthrown ball to make a fantastic catch.

3)QB's throwing ducks once in a while. Steve Young threw a duck on a crossing route to Andre Reed. However, Reed was still able to make the catch for a 1st down.

I can't wait to get out of work and find more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2007, 05:24 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: The Little Things Thread....

I have seen receivers, even DB's dragging or planting their feet to stay in bounds after they caught a pass .. amazing

And I just love the way DB's try to tip the pass, my DB was beat so he stuck his arm forward and knocked the ball down with the front of his hand, just like in real life .. loved it so much!!!!!

Also I love how this game isnt about " Get a big hit or you suck " Mike Singeltary (JUST LIKE he did in the 85 season) He filled the whole and stopped the runningback dead in his tracks, and the other plays came and jumped on the play for a loss .. how awesome that was.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:02 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

I love how when you playing in the rain or snow and you try to make a quick cut your player loses his footing and falls
Old 07-18-2007, 06:06 PM   #4
Pro

Sigma4Life's Arena

OVR: 9

The receiver route running animations are sick.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:15 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

I love how the DBs finish the play. For example, after a ball is tipped, they run to the ball and/or tackle the reciever to take him out of the play. Actually the same goes for the WRs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2007, 06:18 PM   #6
MVP

chestnutz6's Arena

OVR: 11

So I'm down 7-3 with a minute left. I need a first down on 4th and 5 about. I run one with OJ Simpson straight up the middle. There's a big hole on the weak side so he sprints through it, but the MLB comes out of nowhere and seems to have him for a stop and the win. Right at the line of scrimmage, OJ bowls him over. OJ starts to stumble, but puts his hand on the ground to stay up.
Another LB, a silver one, comes from the side as I'm stumbling and has an open shot at me, but my guard comes up and hammers him right before he can get to me.
Finally, after gaining a few more yards (while STILL stumbling), two big defenders tackle me down. Pickup of 8 and I go on to win the game.

Just that realism right there. Stumbling, getting up, a blocker coming out of nowhere to save your ***.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:26 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 14

I love getting hit for a sack while in a throwing motion and the ball gets spiked to the ground. Sometimes I'm able to get it off but it's a lame duck, so I'd prefer it just getting thrown to the ground for an incompletion.

How about when the kicker leans to the side while watching the kick go through the uprights.

What about the beautiful screen passes that you can now complete like they should. The blocks are kicking out properly and are out in front.

Here's an unexpected little thing. One of my generic DBs stepped up and snatched a down-and-out pass for an interception much like McKenzie did against the Seahawks in the playoffs.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:41 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnwood
much like McKenzie did against the Seahawks in the playoffs.
As a Seahawk fan I still remember that....Hawks should have won that game. It was nice to see GB get trounched the next week.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »