Home

If the game is too easy what is the point of playing it?

This is a discussion on If the game is too easy what is the point of playing it? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-11-2006, 05:11 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 12
If the game is too easy what is the point of playing it?

I think that kinda defeats the whole purpose of a sports strategy game. Especially since your not really part of the action. I want to feel satisfaction in winning and not just win cause the game is too easy. I can see the game getting very boring quickly cause your just going through the motions and your really not challenged at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2006, 05:34 PM   #2
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: If the game is too easy what is the point of playing it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
I think that kinda defeats the whole purpose of a sports strategy game. Especially since your not really part of the action. I want to feel satisfaction in winning and not just win cause the game is too easy. I can see the game getting very boring quickly cause your just going through the motions and your really not challenged at all.
PC version + HCsettings mod= more challenge.
Old 07-11-2006, 05:36 PM   #3
MVP

Yea my pc is too old, i'm mainly talking about console guys.
Old 07-11-2006, 05:54 PM   #4
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

IMO, there is no point to playing it.

Its a bad game, a very very bad game.
Old 07-11-2006, 05:54 PM   #5
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier12
IMO, there is no point to playing it.

Its a bad game, a very very bad game.
I completely disagree.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2006, 06:14 PM   #6
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
Yea my pc is too old, i'm mainly talking about console guys.

I don't find anything at all easy about the game console or PC its the most challeging aspect to Football to date if you actually take into account the realistic preparations that a real Head Coach and Staff members go thru.

Its real enough and has no crappy bling bling to it just strategy for guys like me who want more then eye candy and play cribs for bling bling toys, its a real "Thinking Mans" game and not for the impatient and casual fan but more for the guy who really wants to test his hand at the closest we're gonna get as far as what goes on behind the scenes in preparing a NFL team for the weekly grind and game time preparations that lead to those Sunday afternoon battles on the Gridiron....oh this is the console version I'm speaking about the PC version is pure classic with the mods going on with it and its hardly a walk in the part its strategic Football at its finest and can only get better once the bugs are worked out, IMO EA has found something special with this title and has found an audience that does appreciate the efforts they've put fourth....its not for everyone and is challeging for the most part its what coachs do and now I have a greater appreciation for what they do and go thru week in and week out...this is what they do bro....Coach and prepare over and over again in order to perform on those precious Sunday afternoons while the fans enjoy the fruits of their labor, the game is far from boring and as real as you make it but again coachings not for everyone only a few are really great Head coachs and it shows on Gameday!

Maybe you should try Chess and see how that fits your challenge for strategy but be sure you find an opponent who knows the game.

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101 aka "Jack Bauer"

Last edited by Rickster101; 07-11-2006 at 06:16 PM.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:16 PM   #7
MVP

xrams's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
PC version + HCsettings mod= more challenge.
bk... when this game first came out.. and I read the post in this section... mainly the qtr mins (5), gave me reason for pause... but then a (MOD) came out (the same day) with fix... but, 2days ago I asked in the (success) thread if there was a difficulty level for the console.. and got no reply... is there a reason other than (mod) control/price that you perfer PC games...??

PS... also for others, does HC have a difficulty level in the console ver.???
Old 07-11-2006, 06:18 PM   #8
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrams
bk... when this game first came out.. and I read the post in this section... mainly the qtr mins (5), gave me reason for pause... but then a (MOD) came out (the same day) with fix... but, 2days ago I asked in the (success) thread if there was a difficulty level for the console.. and got no reply... is there a reason other than (mod) control/price that you perfer PC games...??

PS... also for others, does HC have a difficulty level in the console ver.???
I like the PC games, because of the mods. I like the boxscore the mod spits out, and the ability to get a screenshot with the touch of a button.

I do not believe there is a difficulty control for the non-PC versions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »