Home

Has anyone ever lost a Challenge on a Fumble?

This is a discussion on Has anyone ever lost a Challenge on a Fumble? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-25-2024, 06:51 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Has anyone ever lost a Challenge on a Fumble?

Has anyone ever lost a challenge attempting to overturn a fumble? I have never lost a challenge and I've done challenges where it was a clear case that a fumble occurred. It's practically a cheat code. In my last game, I had 2 fumbles overturned that shouldn't have.

Anyone else experienced this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2024, 07:08 PM   #2
All Star

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Has anyone ever lost a Challenge on a Fumble?

I can’t quite understand your scenario, but I’ve won challenges where they said my guy fumbled so I challenged and it was overturned and ruled he didn’t fumble.

I’ve also lost challenges when I thought my guy didn’t fumble, but the ruling was upheld.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 09-25-2024, 08:16 PM   #3
Hail West Virginia

mtoo22's Arena

OVR: 10

One time I challenged a fumble because the CPU didnt and it obviously wasn't one. And I won! (Or lost depending on how you look at it)

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
Old 09-25-2024, 09:11 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I can’t quite understand your scenario, but I’ve won challenges where they said my guy fumbled so I challenged and it was overturned and ruled he didn’t fumble.

I’ve also lost challenges when I thought my guy didn’t fumble, but the ruling was upheld.
I'm talking cases where my player clearly fumbles, and I knew it was a fumble but challenged anyway (mostly out of spite) and got the ball back because the fumble was overturned. I've never had a fumble call that I challenged be upheld
Old 09-25-2024, 10:18 PM   #5
Rookie

mate04's Arena

I literally lost a fumble challenge today and it even looked like he was down! Most times I win because I only challenge calls I see as pretty obvious.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2024, 11:07 PM   #6
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

I have lost a couple fumble challenges where I was the fumbling team, thought I was down, but the call was upheld as a fumble. One of them I basically threw the challenge away because I fumbled inside the five down two scores late and knew it was over unless it magically got overturned. The other that I lost I am still 100% certain I was down but I think it might have been a weird graphics thing.

I have also had two other really strange fumble challenges. One was on a recovery on a wayward option pitch, the defender that recovered it was clearly standing out of bounds but it was called a recovery when I challenged. Again, I think it was a weird graphics thing. The other is that I was not allowed to challenge a fumble where my runner was clearly down. I had a timeout left and had not used a challenge but for some reason the Challenge Play option was locked out. It ended up costing me the game.

For the most part, I think the challenge and booth review is handled well. I have had quite a few situations where I thought the computer/booth should have reviewed something that they didn't, including a play where I went up for a user catch, caught it but came down with both feet obviously out of bounds, and it was called a catch and not reviewed.
Old 09-26-2024, 03:13 PM   #7
Rookie

I despise the error-on-purpose simulated realism from a video game.

I mean I get why they do it - because bad calls happen in real life and they want to simulate realism by having the video game referees call a catch in bounds when the guy's foot was on the line.

But we are in a coded video game where the call can be precise every time -- a luxury real life officials don't have. Just get the call right from the start and spare us that mini game already.
Old 09-26-2024, 03:42 PM   #8
Pro

mattynokes's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLev4552
I despise the error-on-purpose simulated realism from a video game.

I mean I get why they do it - because bad calls happen in real life and they want to simulate realism by having the video game referees call a catch in bounds when the guy's foot was on the line.

But we are in a coded video game where the call can be precise every time -- a luxury real life officials don't have. Just get the call right from the start and spare us that mini game already.
Yeah, some of the "fumbles" look pretty bad/obvious. The same with catches out of bounds. Or how on The Show, only plays at 1B with less than 2 outs are able to be challenged. Every other base (and 1B with 2 outs) will be called 100% correct. It's odd and it seems forced to be in the games, because it's part of the real games. Once you get over the novelty factor, it gets old real quick.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »