Home

No Kickoff to Start 3rd Quarter

This is a discussion on No Kickoff to Start 3rd Quarter within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-22-2024, 04:43 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
No Kickoff to Start 3rd Quarter

I've seen this glitch a few times and took a couple screen shots. I'm playing as Georgia Tech.
At the end of the 2nd Quarter, with just a few seconds remaining, GT is 1st and 10 on the UNC 20. I switch over to Slow Sim to try to kick a field goal because I normally sim all kicks. Instead, the sim runs a pass play but gets sacked to end the half. I'm using 11 minute quarters. At the start of the 3rd Quarter, there is no kickoff. Play begins at the UNC 26. Georgia Tech has the ball, 2nd and 15, as if it's just a continuation of the 2nd Quarter. No kickoff. This glitch seems to happen when a Slow Sim is done at the end of the 2nd Quarter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg unnamed.jpg (245.6 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg unnamed2.jpg (240.9 KB, 90 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2024, 08:32 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: No Kickoff to Start 3rd Quarter

This just happened to me in a Georgia dynasty game against Michigan. Slow simmed a long FG attempt (missed) as time ran out in 2nd quarter. Michigan gets the ball to start the 3rd quarter, right where I missed the kick - though I kicked off to start the game. First time trying Slow Sim. Dud not enjoy.
Old 09-22-2024, 08:35 PM   #3
All Star

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

This is mostly off topic, but spending 10 minutes in practice mode kicking FGs should be all it takes to drastically improve your kicking and there’d be no need to sim FGs.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 09-23-2024, 02:22 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

There is (or was) a similar glitch when playing only Offense or Defense in a dynasty. I only play my unit when I am a coordinator. One time I missed a FG when I was an OC and the computer took over with 5 seconds left. They knelt to end the half. After halftime the game had my kick return team out there despite me receiving the opening kickoff. After I played the return, the game simulated me kicking off and the game progressed normally.

You may want to consider jello1717's advice because it seems you will typically hit a glitch or bug whenever you play differently than EA imagined. If EA thinks you will play 100% of the game, playing only one unit seems to create issues that don't exist if you play with the flow they intended / tested with.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »