Home

If I were to do a retro type roster for NFL MADDEN 25 what year would you like to see

This is a discussion on If I were to do a retro type roster for NFL MADDEN 25 what year would you like to see within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
View Poll Results: What retro NFL season would you like to see on MADDEN NFL 25?
1980 0 0%
1981 0 0%
1982 0 0%
1983 0 0%
1984 1 7.69%
1985 0 0%
1986 0 0%
1987 1 7.69%
1988 0 0%
1989 2 15.38%
1990 0 0%
1991 0 0%
1992 1 7.69%
1993 0 0%
1994 1 7.69%
1995 1 7.69%
1996 0 0%
1997 0 0%
1998 4 30.77%
1999 2 15.38%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-15-2024, 11:08 PM   #1
MVP

Houston's Arena

OVR: 0
If I were to do a retro type roster for NFL MADDEN 25 what year would you like to see

I am considering doing a retro style roster on the new NFL MADDEN 25. With all the issues with editing on current rosters I dont have nearly as many problems if I was doing this type of roster instead. I would have more control of whos on it, what they look like, rated etc. Not having to worry about who was added with a photo every update who got injury icons or not etc etc..

I am seriously considering dumping the current roster project and diving in to retro roster project from now on.

So if you don't mind voting for the season you would like to see most and give a kinda background story to why that season is important to you.

Thanks,
H.B.

Last edited by Houston; 09-15-2024 at 11:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2024, 11:23 PM   #2
MVP

Houston's Arena

Re: If I were to do a retro type roster for NFL MADDEN 25 what year would you like to

For me it's a very tough decision because I love the history of the earlier NFL days before 2000.

So why is it a tough decision you ask? Well some of you have seen or read before probably, but I will give a short version of why.

My brother and I played from Atari all the way up to Dreamcast and NFL 2K. Well he loved all sports but especially football and we played them all. I am not going to consider Atarti football it was 5 on 5 LOL but I guess I was about 20 and we had the Super Nintendo then and really loved and enjoyed playing Tecmo Bowl!! I am talking we would played all night sometimes on the weekends lol it was such a blast.

Then we had Tecmo Superbowl and same kinda thing enjoyed it just as much. We did play other ones along the way such as Gameday, Madden, NFL Quarterback Club about this time is was late 90's and on the Nintendo 64 once we herd about the Dreamcast we just had to have one lol and for that time that NFL 2K was like no other football game we ever seen or played.

Anyways to make a long story short it was 1999 and we were playin the heck out of that game, my brother started having health problems and by the end of March 2000 unfortunately my brother passed away so this was the very last console or game we played together. I didnt play anything for years after this.

So im stuck with how it all began 1990 tecmo bowl style rosters or toward the end when we last played 1998 or 1999 NFL season.

I am excited to hear what other similar stories you guys might've or just seeing the reason behind your favorite NFL season was.

Last edited by Houston; 09-15-2024 at 11:27 PM.
Old 09-16-2024, 11:40 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: If I were to do a retro type roster for NFL MADDEN 25 what year would you like to

I went for 1990, but I guess I missed. I still play Super Tecmo Bowl to this day. To have that roster and be able to play it on ps5 with a franchise experience would be amazing!
Old 09-16-2024, 04:24 PM   #4
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

its your game do what ever roster u think will work from talking to u on ps a 1998/1999 roster makes the most since

31 teams 80's rosters will need at least 4 fake teams to worry about no jags car balt diff hou

u couild edit houston guys to 12 etc
Old 09-16-2024, 04:46 PM   #5
Rookie

1998 or 1999 seasons would both be fantastic if you wanted to include Jags Ravens Panthers. If you are not worried about that 1990 has always held a special spot with me. Okoye/Word. Bo knows Allen. Bills K gun etc…

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2024, 03:01 AM   #6
MVP

Houston's Arena

A port for the Nintendo Entertainment System was released in 1989 and was the first console game to include real National Football League players, via a license from the NFL Players Association.

It would probably be 1990 rosters I believe that year.

Tecmo Super Bowl[a] is an American football video game for the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) that was released in December 1991. Developed by Tecmo, it is the first sports video game that was licensed by both the National Football League and the National Football League Players Association, thus allowing the game to use both the names and attributes of real NFL teams and real NFL players. Prior games use either the real teams, the real players, or fictional substitutes, but not real teams and real players together.
Old 09-18-2024, 01:29 PM   #7
Rookie

On your other thread you mentioned so many editing glitches make you wonder if a roster project is even worth it.

Is there a list of glitches somewhere?
I am primarily looking for something that screws up a lot of work.

I mean if changing someone’s name changes their face so it effects just that one guy no big deal as I’m used t that and it’s one person that I can fix at the time. BUT if there are any I spent two hours fixing an entire team and the. When I changed the kickers name all equipment for the entire team reverted back to default or something crazy I would really want to know.

I know in the past maddens I edited equipment to have some 1970s draft classes and then when drafted they all reverted to modern day equipment with sometimes two different shoes. So I knew not to bother with equipment just get names height correct and fix equipment after franchise starts.

Any of those global disaster reverts that cost hours of wasted time I’d love to see a list on. Rosters are hard enough without wasting time (as you know)

Thanks so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »