Home

Almost all Defensive Settings work this year

This is a discussion on Almost all Defensive Settings work this year within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-15-2024, 12:21 PM   #1
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5
Almost all Defensive Settings work this year

Great job by 2k on fixing the defensive settings this year. It greatly helps the game, and makes things way more realistic.

Defensive settings that work.

1. Pre rotate.
2. Switch on pnr setting.
3. Off ball pressure settings (other than leave them)
4. Stay attached setting (what you have this set for with your players greatly affects help defense)
5. Transition/Wall setting.

Defensive settings that kind of work.

1. Hard Hedge, Soft Hedge and no hedge. (The Hard hedge setting is not above the screen and is really a soft hedge. There is no difference depth wise between soft and hard hedge on the game.
2. Help Defense button. (Sometimes the help will come and other times it won’t).
3. ICE. (They will ICE the pnr as long as the ball is clearly on the outside of the court. Anything in the middle fourth of the court they won’t ICE).

The defensive settings now make the game playable to me. This is all post patch.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2024, 12:49 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Almost all Defensive Settings work this year

I’ve been playing around with some of the premade player defensive coaching adjustments as well with great success. Boxes and elbows, force the jumper, force drive, make him work, and give it up, all seem to work well.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-15-2024, 02:35 PM   #3
Rookie

Good to known, hoping to see some adjustment also done by the CPU.
Tired to see, in P&R situation, the defender tries to go throw the screen leaving an open three to his opponent.
Old 09-15-2024, 03:48 PM   #4
Pro

How effective is the Gap setting when used on someone like Rudy Gobert? Are the bigs hugging the lane line?
Old 09-16-2024, 11:36 PM   #5
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

What works for combating the cpu getting wide open for threes bc I haven’t found it at all
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2024, 12:23 PM   #6
Pro

I wonder how this works if, say, you're playing a MyNBA while controlling all 30 teams. Sometimes I'll set the other 29 teams to defend my team the way I feel they would IRL. But I set the Timberwolves to Double all pick-and-rolls against the Lakers (main menu settings, before the game), and they didn't trap me once. This was just to test the settings and see if they work.

I don't doubt that these settings work for the user team, but maybe someone else might want to test how this works in this scenario? Or maybe I'm the only weirdo who does this.
Old 09-17-2024, 01:00 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorMG
I wonder how this works if, say, you're playing a MyNBA while controlling all 30 teams. Sometimes I'll set the other 29 teams to defend my team the way I feel they would IRL. But I set the Timberwolves to Double all pick-and-rolls against the Lakers (main menu settings, before the game), and they didn't trap me once. This was just to test the settings and see if they work.

I don't doubt that these settings work for the user team, but maybe someone else might want to test how this works in this scenario? Or maybe I'm the only weirdo who does this.
I am the same weirdo!

Won't buy the game, if changing the defensive settings for the CPU won't stick. I am just tired to play the cpu, if it doesn't follow basic defensive principles at all. If every pick and roll by the human player leads to a wide open shot or a brainless rotation it is just no fun to play the game.
Old 09-17-2024, 01:26 PM   #8
Rookie

Hustler79's Arena

Sag off on centers doesnt work my center still sticks way too close on centers standing on the 3 point line and i have sag off and leave them.....weird...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »