Home

I can confirm player traits are broken in franchise

This is a discussion on I can confirm player traits are broken in franchise within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-12-2024, 09:58 PM   #1
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

OVR: 0
I can confirm player traits are broken in franchise

I did some testing after this was brought to my attention. The Bug is that in franchise the player traits are showing as on in the player card, but when you go to the edit player screen they are set to off (uses power/speed moves, possession catch, etc. etc.). Even if you turn them on and save, when you go back to the player edit screen they are set back to off.

I figured it may just be a visual glitch and that the player card was correct. So I did some testing. I ran the same basic 4-3 (4 man) rush in cover 2, cover 3, and cover 1, plus man five times each. I was usering the offense and sitting in the pocket waiting for the opposing team to sack my quarterback. I would then immediately go to the replay and examine each d-line man’s behavior. I can confirm that it appears that star players are NOT using advanced pass rush moves based on their traits.

This only seems to affect games in franchise mode as they seem to be working in play now and practice. Hopefully EA addresses this issue as it does effect gameplay in franchise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2024, 08:55 AM   #2
Rookie

New Jersey Giants's Arena

Re: I can confirm player traits are broken in franchise

Smh yeah I noticed that too
Old 09-17-2024, 10:05 AM   #3
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

So does this affect CPU and user controlled players? I use the Browns and seems like when I user control Myles Garret, he us underpowered as well. Or does this only affect if the CPU is controlling the player? I'm not sure I understand. Thanks.
Old 09-17-2024, 10:31 AM   #4
Pro

RyanLeaf16's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
So does this affect CPU and user controlled players? I use the Browns and seems like when I user control Myles Garret, he us underpowered as well. Or does this only affect if the CPU is controlling the player? I'm not sure I understand. Thanks.
It shouldn't impact user-controlled DL. The "uses swim/finesse move" feature in the traits is for AI controlled players. You have the ability to use these moves with the right stick if you're controlling the DL after the snap.
Old 09-17-2024, 10:35 AM   #5
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf16
It shouldn't impact user-controlled DL. The "uses swim/finesse move" feature in the traits is for AI controlled players. You have the ability to use these moves with the right stick if you're controlling the DL after the snap.
OK. So we are just talking "traits" not "abilities" that are awarded to Superstars and Xfactors then? I was thinking of how when I am controlling Myles Garrett and I am rushing, it doesn't feel any different to me than if I pick other players on the line that are rated much lower. In years past, I could really feel the star players were different. This year feels less pronounced to me so I thought maybe this traits thing has something to do with it.

So....are we saying that no CPU controlled players will ever use swim moves or bull rush moves in franchise?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2024, 01:23 PM   #6
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
I did some testing after this was brought to my attention. The Bug is that in franchise the player traits are showing as on in the player card, but when you go to the edit player screen they are set to off (uses power/speed moves, possession catch, etc. etc.). Even if you turn them on and save, when you go back to the player edit screen they are set back to off.

I figured it may just be a visual glitch and that the player card was correct. So I did some testing. I ran the same basic 4-3 (4 man) rush in cover 2, cover 3, and cover 1, plus man five times each. I was usering the offense and sitting in the pocket waiting for the opposing team to sack my quarterback. I would then immediately go to the replay and examine each d-line man’s behavior. I can confirm that it appears that star players are NOT using advanced pass rush moves based on their traits.

This only seems to affect games in franchise mode as they seem to be working in play now and practice. Hopefully EA addresses this issue as it does effect gameplay in franchise
So, is this for only when you edit player traits?
Old 09-17-2024, 01:40 PM   #7
MVP

forme95's Arena

Is this online or offline franchise? Is it default, active or downloaded rosters?

MLB 23 FOREVER

Madden fun, but, will not buy another till its next gen only and they get rid of the extras (SS/XF, HFA, media, scenarios, game plan) or turn them down considerably.

Just have fun and play :)
Old 09-18-2024, 12:15 PM   #8
Pro

RyanLeaf16's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
So....are we saying that no CPU controlled players will ever use swim moves or bull rush moves in franchise?
That is my understanding. Your AI controlled players & the opponents. I've been playing CFB25 only, so I haven't started a Madden 'chise to check, but I have been following this b/c I think it can really alter how a franchise plays out, XP awarded, etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »