Home

Injuries and The Lack Thereof

This is a discussion on Injuries and The Lack Thereof within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-10-2024, 12:45 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Injuries and The Lack Thereof

We as fans of this game always demand as much realism as possible. "If it's in the game..." right?

I've been thinking a lot about injuries and whether or not they truly reflect the realism of the game. I'm now in my tenth full season of dynasty play and have yet to have a player miss a game due to injury. Obviously none of us want to play the game and have our star QB or RB lost for the season but injuries do happen. And far more than just the "high risk for the end of the game" type stuff. Sometimes a guy is out a week for whatever reason and I've yet to see that too.

Curious as to your thoughts on this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2024, 12:51 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Injuries and The Lack Thereof

Yeah, I don't think I've had any long term injuries that actually happened in a game I was playing. Some in simmed games or possessions. If a guy gets hurt during a game while I'm playing it's always been a thing where he's back before the end of the game. Turning up the injury slider seems to cause more injuries but not more severe ones.
Old 09-10-2024, 12:59 PM   #3
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

Agree that it's a problem. I think the default injury slider position is 25 - do I have that wrong? I tried increasing to 35. Sometimes my players will carry wear and tear effects into the start of a new game, but even when they are hurt bad enough that they are forced to be removed, they still do not appear on the injury report. This is yet another feature (like Position Changes, jersey numbers, etc.) that worked pretty well in the 2003-14 iterations of the game, and will need to be slowly patched into this year's game or next year's release.

Strangely, wear-and-tear seems almost overdone, while injuries are criminally underdone. It's pretty clear to see a severe arm, chest, or leg wear effect that claims to reduce my ratings by 19 points in multiple categories. But I've had maybe one multi-week injury in about 5 full seasons of offline/online dynasty. I was afraid to turn up the slider in case it just made wear-and-tear more annoying.
Old 09-10-2024, 01:11 PM   #4
MVP

Lil Worm's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJH1
Agree that it's a problem. I think the default injury slider position is 25 - do I have that wrong? I tried increasing to 35. Sometimes my players will carry wear and tear effects into the start of a new game, but even when they are hurt bad enough that they are forced to be removed, they still do not appear on the injury report. This is yet another feature (like Position Changes, jersey numbers, etc.) that worked pretty well in the 2003-14 iterations of the game, and will need to be slowly patched into this year's game or next year's release.

Strangely, wear-and-tear seems almost overdone, while injuries are criminally underdone. It's pretty clear to see a severe arm, chest, or leg wear effect that claims to reduce my ratings by 19 points in multiple categories. But I've had maybe one multi-week injury in about 5 full seasons of offline/online dynasty. I was afraid to turn up the slider in case it just made wear-and-tear more annoying.

What system are you guys on? I have lost players for the season and have the injury effect the next season. Causing them to miss 3-4 weeks of the next year. I do have my fatigue and injury sliders cranked up.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-10-2024, 02:08 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Using default injury settings on varsity and all-American, I don’t think I’ve had a single injury that has taken a player out for more than a few snaps through close to 10 seasons of playing every game across multiple dynasties.

I’m torn. On one hand, I want realism. On the other, I know the moment I alter the injury sliders and have a key player get hurt, my gut reaction will be to blame EA. What I *really* want is to have a handful of injuries, but for those injuries to be to backups.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2024, 02:25 PM   #6
All Star

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSteelDad
We as fans of this game always demand as much realism as possible. "If it's in the game..." right?

I've been thinking a lot about injuries and whether or not they truly reflect the realism of the game. I'm now in my tenth full season of dynasty play and have yet to have a player miss a game due to injury. Obviously none of us want to play the game and have our star QB or RB lost for the season but injuries do happen. And far more than just the "high risk for the end of the game" type stuff. Sometimes a guy is out a week for whatever reason and I've yet to see that too.

Curious as to your thoughts on this.
I don’t think there’s enough injuries, but I can’t fathom going 10 seasons without an injury. In all of my seasons I’ve had guys miss multiple games and in most of my season (I wanna say 8 out of 11 various seasons) I’ve lost at least 1 guy for the season, including my starting HB in 2 different seasons (different guy).

My injury slider is 53 and fatigue (if that matters) 75.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 09-10-2024, 02:43 PM   #7
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I don’t think there’s enough injuries, but I can’t fathom going 10 seasons without an injury. In all of my seasons I’ve had guys miss multiple games and in most of my season (I wanna say 8 out of 11 various seasons) I’ve lost at least 1 guy for the season, including my starting HB in 2 different seasons (different guy).

Okay, maybe time to trying increasing my injury slider and see if it matters. The opposing team seems to pick up injuries (or at least wear-and-tear knocks) FAR more than I do, but I haven't thumbed around other teams' injury charts to see if they have actual multi-game injuries.
Old 09-10-2024, 02:44 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717

Right? Seemed really strange to me. I was sitting there last night looking at my injury report and thinking... why? No one is ever on it. That's pretty close to what I have mine set at too.

I just think it would be interesting for you to have to negotiate a game without your AA QB. Not something I'd want to happen often of course but once in awhile I wouldn't hate it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »