Home

HELP: Custom Conference Questions?

This is a discussion on HELP: Custom Conference Questions? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-08-2024, 01:00 PM   #1
MVP

Tomahawk's Arena

OVR: 13
HELP: Custom Conference Questions?

I want to setup 10 conferences of 12 teams. The other 14 remaining teams will be independents.

Q1: Can I choose each conference to play 11 games so it’s a true round Robin?

Q2: If I choose divisions of 6 and 8 conference games will each team play the 5 division games and 3 games against the other division?

Q3: If I choose divisions do the games equally rotate against the other division?
  • LETS GO BRUINS!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2024, 01:20 AM   #2
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: HELP: Custom Conference Questions?

Easiest way to test this is to start a dynasty and immediately create custom conferences. You can do that before the first season if I remember correctly.

FWIW, I altered the conferences to create my own PAC-12 in 2025. I set it to 9 conference games (10 team conference), but somehow only wound up with 3 conference games. Many also said early on the conference schedule did not rotate (for example, if you're at Michigan in year 1, you're ALWAYS at Michigan and never play them at home). I believe this was patched, but I haven't played enough to verify

Major Boise State fan
Old 09-09-2024, 07:27 AM   #3
MVP

Tomahawk's Arena

Appreciate the information!
  • LETS GO BRUINS!!!
Old 09-09-2024, 10:06 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomahawk
I want to setup 10 conferences of 12 teams. The other 14 remaining teams will be independents.
From what I have tried, the problem with 12 teams in a conference and having divisions is that not all teams will play the same number of conference games. Some will play 8, but others may play 7 or 9. If you create a 12-team conference, then having no divisions resolves the problem.
Old 09-09-2024, 10:29 AM   #5
MVP

Tomahawk's Arena

Would 10 team be better with 9 conference games? Is 9 the max for conference games?
  • LETS GO BRUINS!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2024, 10:37 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomahawk
Would 10 team be better with 9 conference games? Is 9 the max for conference games?
Yes! I have 10-team conferences, no divisions and 9 conference games in my dynasty. And each one works out great. Each team plays each other once, and every team plays exactly 9 conference games.
Old 09-09-2024, 11:54 AM   #7
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm doing a coach career where I am currently the OC at Kent State. After finishing up year one I decided to add UMass to the MAC as they will be actually joining. Then I read about the custom conference issues and reverted. Now I am noticing a few scheduling issues. I have 3 home and 5 away conference games. I believe but would have to verify that some of the other teams in the MAC do not have 8 conference games. Any way to fix this going forward?
Old 09-09-2024, 12:16 PM   #8
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8

FWIW - and there's been a few threads on this - I am not sure anyone has been able to definitely prove that custom conferences cause scheduling issues. I believe many of the issues folks have seen happen even in the default "vanilla" conference setup.

I am open to being wrong, and maybe certain configurations jack things up, but it's pretty clear that the scheduling logic in the game is pretty buggy. It seems like changing your own schedule is more likely to break things than custom conferences.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »