Home

Fatigue means nothing

This is a discussion on Fatigue means nothing within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-07-2024, 11:14 PM   #1
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5
Fatigue means nothing

5 cpu players sprinted up down and around the court for 48 minutes without any effect

Why even have fatigue if it doesn’t matter?

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2024, 11:45 PM   #2
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Fatigue means nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
5 cpu players sprinted up down and around the court for 48 minutes without any effect

Why even have fatigue if it doesn’t matter?

They didn’t sub out? Which mode? What difficulty? It does absolutely affect shooting. But I can’t say about the sprinting part. We need more details to assess your issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 09-08-2024, 01:01 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
They didn’t sub out? Which mode? What difficulty? It does absolutely affect shooting. But I can’t say about the sprinting part. We need more details to assess your issue.

Substitutions are broken, star players routinely play entire games
Old 09-08-2024, 03:29 AM   #4
Rookie

Piston's Arena

OVR: 0

There are two related problems. Substitutions are broken and the players who are on the court for 48 minutes are not affected by fatigue. A bad joke for those of us who play offline. I have left the game, waiting for a patch. For me, this breaks completely
the MyNBA experiencie. Thinking in a refund...
Old 09-08-2024, 06:17 AM   #5
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piston
There are two related problems. Substitutions are broken and the players who are on the court for 48 minutes are not affected by fatigue. A bad joke for those of us who play offline. I have left the game, waiting for a patch. For me, this breaks completely
the MyNBA experiencie. Thinking in a refund...

Wow. That’s crazy. I only played 3 exhibition games, And cpu did sub out. I remember them subbing Bogans for Korver. Noah for Asik, etc. I can’t speak for season modes

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2024, 06:43 AM   #6
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24

Played against the cavs. They shot over 50 percent from 3 every quarter. Mitchell, Allen and Garland played the entire 48 minutes. Mobley played 42

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 09-08-2024, 07:00 PM   #7
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

I just played a WNBA Game, Fever vs Sky (me).

Angel Reese and Kelsey Mitchell both played the entire game (10-min quarters). Not only that, but their box score shows 41 minutes of play time vs 40 minutes. Neither seemed to be affected by fatigue the entire game. In fact, Mitchell dropped 52 on me. I was so focused on Caitlyn Clark that I didn't noticed Mitchell quietly going off on me. Reese nearly had a triple double with 31-15-7.
Old 09-08-2024, 07:49 PM   #8
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

Currently in the middle of another game, Hawks vs Hornets (me).

It's 9:29 left in the third quarter. Trae Young just fouled out. 6 fouls, 2 1/6 quarters, never once was subbed out.

Meanwhile, I'm singlehandedly spamming Lamelo Ball on purpose just to test fatigue. He has 84 points. He's played the entire game. I'm up by 11, 86 - 75.

It looks like the game is intentionally keeping Ball in because he's the hot man currently. And it looks like it kept Young in as a means of having the fire power to balance what Ball is doing.

I just checked the box score for the Hawks; they haven't made a single substitution all game. Their bench is pretty trash, so I'm guessing this is by design to stay competitive. While I get the intent--keeping scorers on the floor as was the intent last year--it's causing a bigger problem than the one it's trying to fix.

EDIT: Fatigue (at default) is definitely broken. I'm midway through the 4th quarter. Lamelo has 112 points on 49-76 shooting, yet his current fatigue is halfway through "Rested" despite the fact I'm playing 12-minute quarters and using Melo almost exclusively on offense.

Last edited by Mos1ted; 09-08-2024 at 08:26 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »