Home

Custom conference/schedule problems (looking for workarounds/suggestions)

This is a discussion on Custom conference/schedule problems (looking for workarounds/suggestions) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-30-2024, 04:30 PM   #1
Pro

noarmsduck's Arena

OVR: 0
Custom conference/schedule problems (looking for workarounds/suggestions)

So I started a new dynasty yesterday and am having similar scheduling issues as before with scheduling in regards to custom conferences. I saw workarounds referenced in some thread yesterday, so I was just curious as to what those might be.

Currently my main problems are conference games; it's only giving me 5 conference games in the Big 10 even though I specified 7. Plus I can't make any changes in the custom schedule section. If I make a change and try to leave that screen and save that schedule it gives an error and I can either go back to correct the error or click on have the CPU correct it, but choosing to let the CPU do it gives another error that it was not able to complete the request.

So currently I can't schedule custom opponents at all. I've tried replacing a team with another team on my schedule, as well as changing one week to an open week and then adding a game in another week. Both result in the same error.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2024, 09:04 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: Custom conference/schedule problems (looking for workarounds/suggestions)

Unless it's utterly massive, can you share some of the stuff you did with custom conferences?

I switched some stuff pretty drastically and did not encounter either of the issues you had, though I'm only in season 1. The only real "glitch" I got was conference games starting at week 1 and teams playing their old conference foes OOC (which I'm sure means the game is broken or unplayable to some). I did make sure to specify 8 or 9 games for each conference, so I'm not sure if anything below 8 throws the game for a loop.
Old 08-31-2024, 11:25 AM   #3
Rookie

dahlzy19's Arena

I didn’t even edit custom conferences and when I removed Clemson from my out of conference game and put Kent state, Clemson just had another bye and never rescheduled a game. They’ll be short a game.

So, for now, don’t touch schedules or conferences at all.

If you do, make divisions to hard set games and rivalries.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-31-2024, 12:52 PM   #4
Rookie

Tyler Durden's Arena

I still dont understand why they didnt fix this yet. Dynasty mode is your bread and butter in this game.
Did anyone from EA even say if they are working on this issue?
NHL - New Jersey Devils
NCAA - Florida Gators
Old 08-31-2024, 02:13 PM   #5
Pro

noarmsduck's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnz21
Unless it's utterly massive, can you share some of the stuff you did with custom conferences?

I switched some stuff pretty drastically and did not encounter either of the issues you had, though I'm only in season 1. The only real "glitch" I got was conference games starting at week 1 and teams playing their old conference foes OOC (which I'm sure means the game is broken or unplayable to some). I did make sure to specify 8 or 9 games for each conference, so I'm not sure if anything below 8 throws the game for a loop.
This is roughly what I did:

Sun Belt is a little off as there's a team that's not on the tiermaker site. I'll try specifying 8 conference games next offseason and hopefully that helps with that. Would still like to figure out custom opponents though as I like to schedule some marquee out of conference games sometimes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2024, 06:02 PM   #6
Rookie

TON1C's Arena

OVR: 2

I’ve tried a myriad of settings with my conference realignment and there’s definitely some bugs with their scheduling system. A few things that would be awesome if they would add/fix:

-Ability to add/edit/remove protected rivals
-Ability to set which week conference games start
-Ensure teams always play their protected rivalries
-Ensure teams always play the correct number of conference games
-Then fill in remaining games with FBS vs FBS matchups as best as possible, then use FCS games as fill ins
Old 08-31-2024, 06:15 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TON1C
I’ve tried a myriad of settings with my conference realignment and there’s definitely some bugs with their scheduling system. A few things that would be awesome if they would add/fix:

-Ability to add/edit/remove protected rivals
-Ability to set which week conference games start
-Ensure teams always play their protected rivalries
-Ensure teams always play the correct number of conference games
-Then fill in remaining games with FBS vs FBS matchups as best as possible, then use FCS games as fill ins
It’s almost like you just described NCAA 14.

From perfect we get this…..not broken.
Old 08-31-2024, 07:20 PM   #8
MVP

Does anyone have any experience with expanding the field of independents who can share how their scheduling works out?

Would like to have PSU, Miami, ND, Army, Navy, BYU & maybe a couple others independent, but don’t want to if their scheduling sucks/it borks some stuff.

(Wondering: didn’t we used to be able to customize everyone’s schedule if we wanted to?)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »