Home

West Virginia Recuriting

This is a discussion on West Virginia Recuriting within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-30-2024, 08:30 AM   #1
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16
West Virginia Recuriting

Anyone want to tell me why there are only 6-8 recruits interested in West Virginia when you start a dynasty? Is there something going on with the school I am unaware of? I mean, not even 1 star recruits
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2024, 08:39 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
West Virginia Recuriting

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
Anyone want to tell me why there are only 6-8 recruits interested in West Virginia when you start a dynasty? Is there something going on with the school I am unaware of? I mean, not even 1 star recruits

Their pipelines are absolutely awful. One of the worst in the game honestly…

It doesn’t make sense but sadly that’s how the game is set up.

Edit: Here’s 2 handy guides from Reddit and in the comments he and some others talk about West Virginia, Iowa, etc. - they suggest picking the biggest major pipeline closest to WVU and begin building it up.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NCAAFBseries/s/GahELSc9G6

https://www.reddit.com/r/NCAAFBseries/s/p4pICfKKT2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by DavisAC12; 08-30-2024 at 08:41 AM.
Old 08-30-2024, 08:41 AM   #3
Rookie

Re: West Virginia Recuriting

Quote:
Have you ever lived in West Virginia? I grew up there. Can't say I'm surprised no one's interested. j/k

This is strange and shouldn't be the case. But this game has a lot of bugs and issues.
Old 08-30-2024, 08:42 AM   #4
Rookie

West Virginia Recuriting

Adversely, teams like New Mexico State due to their closeness to Texas, Arizona and California have pretty solid recruiting in game despite New Mexico being rated the worst state to find players in game.

Last edited by DavisAC12; 08-30-2024 at 08:45 AM.
Old 08-30-2024, 08:50 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavisAC12
Adversely, teams like New Mexico State due to their closeness to Texas, Arizona and California have pretty solid recruiting in game despite New Mexico being rated the worst state to find players in game.

The state of West Virginia is surrounded by solid recruiting pipelines: Virginia, DC, Pennsylvania, Ohio. We in southern West Virginia like to call WVU "The University of Pennsylvania at Morgantown" due to the high percentage of PA recruits on their rosters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2024, 09:04 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

There is nothing with the school that I am aware of. It might have to do with the recruiting pipelines. They have (competition[tier]):
1: Tier 3 Tidewater (Clemson, Alabama [tier 5], VT, Oklahoma [4], Wake, Virginia, Pitt [3])

2: Tier 2 Ohio (Ohio State [5], Michigan State [3])

3: Tier 2 Pennsylvania (Penn State [5], Wisconsin [3])

4: Tier 2 West Virginia (which I believe ranks at the bottom of pipeline strength).
5: Tier 2: South Florida (Florida, Georgia, Miami, Clemson [5], UCF, Louisville, Nebraska, Maryland [3])

6: Tier 2: Central Florida (Florida State, Miami, Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Clemson [5], UCF, North Carolina, Illinois, Minnesota [3])

7: Tier 2: Metro Atlanta (Clemson, Georgia [5], Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee [4])

8: Tier 2: Southern Georgia (Auburn, Georgia [5], Georgia Tech, Florida State [3])
Old 08-30-2024, 09:35 AM   #7
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavisAC12
Their pipelines are absolutely awful. One of the worst in the game honestly…

It doesn’t make sense but sadly that’s how the game is set up.

Edit: Here’s 2 handy guides from Reddit and in the comments he and some others talk about West Virginia, Iowa, etc. - they suggest picking the biggest major pipeline closest to WVU and begin building it up.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NCAAFBseries/s/GahELSc9G6

https://www.reddit.com/r/NCAAFBseries/s/p4pICfKKT2

Thats exactly what I am doing. Sorting recommended by highest pipeline
Old 08-30-2024, 01:44 PM   #8
Pro

I understand West Virginia isn't considered glamorous but you're geographically close to a lot of football hotbeds: Pennsylvania, Ohio, Baltimore, DC, Tidewater region of Virginia. Getting the top guys from those areas are going to be tough because you'd think they get scooped up by Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn State but even the second tier of guys from those states would be pretty good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »