Home

Anyone Else in "Limbo?"

This is a discussion on Anyone Else in "Limbo?" within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-24-2024, 06:21 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Anyone Else in "Limbo?"

Allow me to explain and I think many of you will be able to relate. My plan in every year of NCAA was to always start with a one star team, build them up and then take over a struggling blueblood once the right offer came in.

When '25 dropped I planned to do the same but instead chose Louisiana. Not a terrible team by any stretch but a mid-major that I could turn into a power and then move on like in my usual plan.

The problem I've run into is that UL is now a 4-star and the offers I get for HC jobs are either lateral moves or job downgrades. Because I can breeze thru the Sun Belt now (making the games less competitive), I'm wondering if I shouldn't start over as an OC or DC and work up that way? Maybe I didn't take an HC offer soon enough?

I'm in limbo for sure. Thoughts, suggestions appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2024, 06:33 PM   #2
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Anyone Else in "Limbo?"

I'm the same place with Coastal Carolina. I simmed the first 2 years just to do recruiting. Ended up having mass exodus of players because of transfers and losing 10 games a year. Year 3 I had a 75 overall team with 64 FR and RS FR on my roster pretty much all 3 star and 2 star players. My team now with those players as JRs is a 91 overall and I know it would be a downgrade to leave for almost any other program at this point.

I had fully planned on taking the first power 4 contract offer I got, but I haven't gotten one yet.

I think the next one I start I'll take a bad power 4 team and just stick with them forever. Not worry about moving around, just building.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 08-24-2024, 07:29 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudedominick
I'm the same place with Coastal Carolina. I simmed the first 2 years just to do recruiting. Ended up having mass exodus of players because of transfers and losing 10 games a year. Year 3 I had a 75 overall team with 64 FR and RS FR on my roster pretty much all 3 star and 2 star players. My team now with those players as JRs is a 91 overall and I know it would be a downgrade to leave for almost any other program at this point.

I had fully planned on taking the first power 4 contract offer I got, but I haven't gotten one yet.

I think the next one I start I'll take a bad power 4 team and just stick with them forever. Not worry about moving around, just building.
Might end up doing the same thing. Was thinking of just starting over at 2024 as an OC and see what kind of offers I get from there.
Old 08-24-2024, 07:35 PM   #4
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Why not create some sort of relegation system and move your team into a P5 conference and send a bad P5 school to the SBC or something?

Sent from my Pixel 8a using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Old 08-24-2024, 07:52 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRambo
Why not create some sort of relegation system and move your team into a P5 conference and send a bad P5 school to the SBC or something?

Sent from my Pixel 8a using Tapatalk
That's a good idea. I think maybe my heart wants to do that while my brain wants to move on from UL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2024, 07:56 PM   #6
Pro

BarfytheOwl's Arena

Yeah I was gonna suggest moving Louisiana to like, the ACC, I think you'd start getting better job offers if you moved up and continued to dominate.

But you could also just, run 2 dynasty saves. This one with UL and another with whatever other team.

Sent from my SM-S127DL using Operation Sports mobile app

Currently listening to: Ice Nine Kills

PSN: Sentient_Ooze
Old 08-24-2024, 08:16 PM   #7
Rookie

I was just thinking about this.

I'm in year 7 of my alma mater Tulsa Dynasty. I've won 2 Natty's and I'm wanting to move on to like an Alabama (my dad's alma mater) or a nebraska, or a downtrodden former power that I can bring back to standards.

I'm in the playoff now in year 7 and my only offers were to be OC at 4 other schools. Georgia and aTm were two of them, but how do i get HC offers?

Also, if i start a new dynasty at small school as an OC, what will my future choices look like? Do you ever get HC offers?
Old 08-24-2024, 08:17 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarfytheOwl
Yeah I was gonna suggest moving Louisiana to like, the ACC, I think you'd start getting better job offers if you moved up and continued to dominate.

But you could also just, run 2 dynasty saves. This one with UL and another with whatever other team.

Sent from my SM-S127DL using Operation Sports mobile app
Is there a way to force a way onto another team as a HC?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »