Home

Forcing wins

This is a discussion on Forcing wins within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-21-2024, 05:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Forcing wins

What are your house rules?

Was thinking forcing wins in power conferences when they play fcs and g5 teams except leaving 1 game to chance in each conference each week. Also no forcing wins for in conference games.

Or could just roll dice based on the gap between overall ratings? Idk just sad I have to do any of this. Oh well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2024, 05:35 PM   #2
Rookie

Mets_All_The_Way's Arena

Re: Forcing wins

I just do it on who is realistic should win, like Ohio State shouldn't lose to Minnesota at home, or lose to the lower teir team like the MAC school. I'm bout to start week 6 and it going to be the first week I have no force win B/c of every game have reasonable outcome. Iowa is 2-2 and they r travel to Columbus to play #1 Ohio State who 4-0. Now it's unlikely Iowa to pull it off but they do have a legitimate chance b/c they do always have a good defense. So it's they pull it's off I'm okay with it.

I guess it's what u feel is reasonable to u
Old 08-21-2024, 05:46 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 8

I force win all power 4 teams against group of 5 teams and fcs.

I dont mess with conference games.

I also force group of 5 teams that will ruin a realistic playoff to lose. This ensures just one g5 team as 12 seed.

I do allow that team a fair shot though and don't force them to lose in playoff. In season 3 12 seed Charlotte made the semifinals.

I'm in season 7 now and the game is getting stale to me. Plus I have only 6 sec games on the schedule...with no custom conferences so idk what is going on with schedule logic now.
Old 08-21-2024, 05:59 PM   #4
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9

I rolled 2 ten sides. If it is a total mismatch if I roll a 90% or higher let the sim engine play it out. Anything under force win for favorite.

If one team should win but I’d believe it if they were beat it’s 75% or higher to let the sim engine decide.

I only do it for top25.

To be honest I just stopped doing it though. It was annoying. If a big favorite gets upset they get upset

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-21-2024, 06:06 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats302
I force win all power 4 teams against group of 5 teams and fcs.

I dont mess with conference games.

I also force group of 5 teams that will ruin a realistic playoff to lose. This ensures just one g5 team as 12 seed.

I do allow that team a fair shot though and don't force them to lose in playoff. In season 3 12 seed Charlotte made the semifinals.

I'm in season 7 now and the game is getting stale to me. Plus I have only 6 sec games on the schedule...with no custom conferences so idk what is going on with schedule logic now.
Custom conference/schedule logic MUST be their main priority now. It’s hurting me with recruiting and visits.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2024, 06:10 PM   #6
Pro

I use a RNG from 1-100. I only do Top 25 games. I assign a % chance that the favorite will win then dice roll. Say for instance I feel a team is an 80% chance then the roll would have to be 19 or less to not force win. If an underdog wins the dice roll I sim the game so there’s still a chance that there isn’t an upset. I don’t dice roll top 15 matchups or all ranked G5 teams. I’ve found that this method gives me pretty solid results.
Old 08-21-2024, 06:11 PM   #7
All Star

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Forcing wins

I possibly force for P4 + ND teams vs anyone that they are 6+ OVR points better than.

I save after my game, but before advancing. Then I advance and look at results. Luckily most of the favorites win anyway, so I don’t need to do much forcing. Anything that is a huge upset (I.e. won by a team 6+ points worse) then I reload my save and stick it thru an RNG.

1 OVR diff = 10%. Home = +5%. Rivalry = -10% (or I usually just let any rivalry upset stand). 90% is the max, so regardless of the opponent (even FCS) they still have at least a 10% chance to keep their upset.

I.e. 90 @ home lost to 83 = 70% (OVRs) + 5% (home) = 75% chance to win.
90 on road vs 84 = 55% chance to win (60% - 5% on road).

This has given me great results with realistic looking polls, with surprisingly few needed forces. Thru 11 weeks, these are the only games I’ve had to force this season:

FORCES
Week 0
Ohio St
Week 2
VTU
PSU
Week 3
VTU
PSU
Iowa
Oregon
Week 4
Baylor
Michigan
Week 5
USC
Week 7
Notre dame
Oregon
Week 8
USC
Florida
Week 10
VTU
Clemson

Edited for formatting.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

Last edited by jello1717; 08-21-2024 at 06:17 PM.
Old 08-21-2024, 06:20 PM   #8
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momoney168
I use a RNG from 1-100. I only do Top 25 games. I assign a % chance that the favorite will win then dice roll. Say for instance I feel a team is an 80% chance then the roll would have to be 19 or less to not force win. If an underdog wins the dice roll I sim the game so there’s still a chance that there isn’t an upset. I don’t dice roll top 15 matchups or all ranked G5 teams. I’ve found that this method gives me pretty solid results.
This is essentially what I do as well. It's worked out pretty well actually.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »