Home

Poll logic is back…to terrible

This is a discussion on Poll logic is back…to terrible within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-21-2024, 03:39 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 3
Poll logic is back…to terrible

The patch to fix poll logic slightly made it better. The updated patch has returned it to its former un glory. 1-3 Louisville is back in the top 25 not to outdone by 2-2 Alabama ranked #4.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2024, 04:03 PM   #2
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Poll logic is back…to terrible

I've had a little quirkiness with the polls following the patch that addressed the issue, and just finished up another season following the last patch. Things have been typically OK in my Dynasty with only a few outliers here and there when it comes to teams' placement in the polls.

The main weirdness does happen earlier in the season, like you're saying here, where teams ranked highly early on lose a game or two, and the game still feels the teams are top-ranked due to their attributes or whatever. It could also be because the team lost to highly ranked opponents, so they won't drop as far.

I did have one very random occurrence of a 6-6 team a few seasons back (I forget the school) make it as far as the conference championship week as being shown a potential participant in the CFP bracket screen - the odd thing is they were unranked in all the polls!?! And this was before the most recent patch dropped. I was very nervous that the team was going to get into the playoffs and that the initial patch did nothing. However, things got sorted out in time for the CFP.

In several seasons since the first patch that addressed poll logic, plus an additional season I just wrapped up following the most recent patch, the worst record I've seen make the playoffs is 9-3.

So yeah, it does seem there are some quirks, especially early in the season. But from what I've seen, the quirks at least get sorted out as the year goes on.

Last edited by MrArlingtonBeach; 08-21-2024 at 05:35 PM.
Old 08-21-2024, 05:16 PM   #3
¤¤¤ ¤¤¤ ¤¤¤ ¤¤¤

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0

Since we can do Force Wins this year, I wish next year it would give us a list of twenty teams eligible for the playoffs and we can get an option of deciding which of those twelve go to the playoff. And even let us seed them. Strictly optional of course.
SYRACUSE - CFB.
Old 08-21-2024, 05:26 PM   #4
Rookie

Mets_All_The_Way's Arena

Bama rank #4 after 4 game is not any issue, especially if they lose to two rank team. I don't have any rankings in my Dynasty. U can't just look at record. What was Louisville ranking in the preseason. If they were in the top 10, then bring around 25 will be reasonable.
Old 08-21-2024, 05:39 PM   #5
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

It’s been hit or miss since the beginning for me. I haven’t noticed a change one way or the other

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2024, 05:49 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mets_All_The_Way
Bama rank #4 after 4 game is not any issue, especially if they lose to two rank team. I don't have any rankings in my Dynasty. U can't just look at record. What was Louisville ranking in the preseason. If they were in the top 10, then bring around 25 will be reasonable.
Go back 50 years and find a team with a 2-2 record IRL ranked 4th or higher. It’s never happening.

2023 there were no teams in top 25 with 2 losses after 4 weeks

Found 2021 Clemson 2-2 ranked 25th

2019 Texas AM 2-2 ranked 23rd

2016 Mississippi 2-2 ranked 16th

I went back to 2014. They could write in the SW any team with 2 losses after 4 games cannot be ranked higher than 16th. How hard could it be?

Last edited by Locke888; 08-21-2024 at 06:02 PM.
Old 08-21-2024, 06:32 PM   #7
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

If anything, FSU getting snubbed last year makes me really not care about the polls anymore.

The polls are just politics and opinion at this point.

"Maybe a player got injured and that influenced it."
Old 08-21-2024, 06:56 PM   #8
¤¤¤ ¤¤¤ ¤¤¤ ¤¤¤

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeoplesChampGB
The polls are just politics and opinion at this point.
And its been like this since the very first year of polls. Going back before WWII?
SYRACUSE - CFB.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »