Home

I need more visual feedback on PROGRESSION!

This is a discussion on I need more visual feedback on PROGRESSION! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-21-2024, 08:55 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
I need more visual feedback on PROGRESSION!

I just wrapped up my 2nd season as Kennesaw State University and I am beyond frustrated at the lack of feedback, tracking, visualization, notifications or SOMETHING when it comes to player progression.

I'm an old school player going back to the early years of NCAA and I have always tracked my teams on paper and excel to keep up with what's happening. To me, its fun to know that I go the top recruit or an underdog who goes on to have a great career.

What is frustrating is that if I didn't keep track of these player ratings outside of the game I wouldn't have the insight into the changes.

Recently, I had a 65 OVR Freshman CB become an 81 OVR Fresh (RS) after one season. His develop trait also went from Normal to Elite! (this is not true, I was mistaken) This is great news and stuck out to me as something to consider when setting my depth chart (his Play Recognition is now 99!).

But now I have to wonder what other plays had their development trait change year-over-year. Its easy to spot players as they rise in the depth chart, but I'd love to start someone with a higher dev trait and only slightly less ratings/abilities.

That's my rant. At a MINIMUM EA could at least highlight in the TRAINING RECAP screen what changed?!? It's a recap screen and...there is NO RECAP!

Last edited by DollaBillz; 08-21-2024 at 11:12 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2024, 10:15 AM   #2
All Star

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: I need more visual feedback on PROGRESSION!

Are you positive that his development trait changed? This is the 1st time I’ve ever heard of that (or seen it) and it seems like it would completely defeat the purpose of that trait if it could change.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 08-21-2024, 11:11 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
Are you positive that his development trait changed? This is the 1st time I’ve ever heard of that (or seen it) and it seems like it would completely defeat the purpose of that trait if it could change.
Nope, you're right. I went back through my saves and I think I got it mixed up. Good call out.

Still, I think there should be some visual representation in the Training menu or somewhere to highlight when a player goes up 16 OVR points in one offseason.
Old 08-21-2024, 11:17 AM   #4
Rookie

Yeah this is annoying. The old NCAA games would show guys improving in each category. EA should add this.

There are two workarounds we shouldn’t have to do:
1. I always save a backup file at the beginning of each season. If something happens 10 years into a dynasty I hopefully don’t lose it all. So you can compare the roster of that file to the one in your main save at the play progression screen.

2. At the beginning of the year, you can take pictures of your roster and then just compare to the changes.

Both work, but tedious and annoying for something that should already be in the game.

I have only ever played two Madden games… Madden 20 I bought for $20 during COVID lockdowns and Madden 24 last year bc I needed a football game and had fun with Madden 20.

Madden 20 had a whole step at the end of your season to show players decreasing in ratings as they aged. Great! Madden 24 was more like EACFB… no real step and screen to see it… guys just had a lower rating and you had to kind of guess. Annoying.
Old 08-21-2024, 11:23 AM   #5
Rookie

dahlzy19's Arena

So his dev trait was normal? Yeah, the fact there isn't a little up or down arrow with a number to show the increase/decrease is kind of baffling. Now we all have to do backup saves or whip up a note/excel file to see who developed. I do like the randomness of it though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2024, 12:20 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahlzy19
So his dev trait was normal? Yeah, the fact there isn't a little up or down arrow with a number to show the increase/decrease is kind of baffling. Now we all have to do backup saves or whip up a note/excel file to see who developed. I do like the randomness of it though.
Nah, his trait was Elite. On the point of lack of feedback and visualization though...I had no idea I got an elite dev trait recruit. I'd need to go view the Player Card for each recruit I had. Maybe I missed a menu somewhere, but where is the, "Congrats! You got 3 Elite Dev Trait players!"
Old 08-21-2024, 12:31 PM   #7
All Star

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollaBillz
Nah, his trait was Elite. On the point of lack of feedback and visualization though...I had no idea I got an elite dev trait recruit. I'd need to go view the Player Card for each recruit I had. Maybe I missed a menu somewhere, but where is the, "Congrats! You got 3 Elite Dev Trait players!"

On national signing day (both of them) you can look at the scouting tab of recruits to see their development trait, even if you never scouted them. I track my recruits on my spreadsheet, and always write down the non-normal dev traits in there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F71D09DF-4EDB-462E-8D43-00DC499D6661.jpg (150.0 KB, 57 views)
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »