Home

It's that time of the year for eras users!

This is a discussion on It's that time of the year for eras users! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-20-2024, 11:20 PM   #1
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2
It's that time of the year for eras users!

I'm not happy about MYNBA this year but I did enjoy making these threads about Eras
So once again post who you Rollin with,what era,draft plans ect...

Me: Steph Era
I'm gonna rebuild my Lakers the right way after the Mamba retires
Pretend like I'm magic and draft Tatum the next year
I still can't believe they past him up after those nice duke highlights

Then I'm going to draft BI
And give him that push the right way

Sign AD when he becomes a free agent

And draft the the right Ball brother
MELOOOOOOOOOO
631692720.jpg.jpga70cb994082592ccda3df7038f458f05.jpggettyimages-1390183849-612x612.jpgAnthony-Davis-of-the-Los-Angeles-Lakers-handles-the-ball-October-30-2023.jpg

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2024, 11:50 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: It's that time of the year for eras users!

This is subject to change depending upon whether anything of particular note comes out regarding Eras that hasn't already, but I think I'll be sticking with my 2K24 Era; I'm closing in on the end of the 1995-96 season.

Old 08-21-2024, 05:14 AM   #3
Rookie

Cold Snap's Arena

OVR: 0

If I get this game, I'm starting in 1991-92, simming to the 1995 offseason, and taking the Vancouver Grizzlies.

In their six years in Vancouver, the Grizzlies were truly grisly. Average 82-game record of 18-64.

Surely even I can do better, right? Surely I can build the team better--1996 has a loaded draft, 1997 has Duncan and McGrady, 1998 has Vince Carter, Dirk Nowitzki and Paul Pierce...

I'm a proud Texan, but I've always felt so sorry for the genuine Vancouver basketball fans. It's one reason I'm grateful one of 2K's pre-made expansion teams is the Vancouver Ravens; I like the design!

TheScore recently did a great video on just how poorly the real Van City Grizz were run in their time there, showing that while they did make their share of dumb moves, the league was also actively sabotaging them and the Raptors. Check it out:

Old 08-21-2024, 06:40 AM   #4
Pro

Lagoa's Arena

OVR: 3

I have 2 options:

1: Playing with Jordan Bulls and try to winning 2 more rings than original Bulls (1994 and 1995). In 2K24 i´m on 1993, its amazing experience play with Jordan and 90s Bulls.

2: Trying to rebuild the 2000 Sixers and give a ring to my favorite player, Allen Iverson!

In 2K23 and 2K24 I didn't do this option because the 2000 MY NBA Eras is very incomplete. If they improve it this year, I will!

But the 90s My NBA is much more complete than the 2000s, at least in the last 2 years.
Old 08-21-2024, 07:32 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagoa
I have 2 options:

1: Playing with Jordan Bulls and try to winning 2 more rings than original Bulls (1994 and 1995). In 2K24 i´m on 1993, its amazing experience play with Jordan and 90s Bulls.

2: Trying to rebuild the 2000 Sixers and give a ring to my favorite player, Allen Iverson!

In 2K23 and 2K24 I didn't do this option because the 2000 MY NBA Eras is very incomplete. If they improve it this year, I will!

But the 90s My NBA is much more complete than the 2000s, at least in the last 2 years.

You can download user-created roster with all the missing players...

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/mjwizardschannel

Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/WizardsMj
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2024, 08:32 AM   #6
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22

I will likely be working on more than one.

One I am definitely doing is a modern era as the Spurs. I'll be exchanging Chris Paul for Reed Sheppard so it will be as if The Spurs drafted Reed with the 4th pick. Chris Paul will be going back to Houston. I'll also be replacing Rob Dillingham with Stephen Castle so it will be as if that trade never happened.
Planning on a new Big 3 into the future using Sheppard, Dillingham, and Wemby and building around those guys.

Last edited by Gramps91; 08-21-2024 at 09:39 AM.
Old 08-21-2024, 09:44 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 3

In 2k25, doing what I have done before:

Starting in 1983-84, 30 team control for accurate draft/free agent signings till current.

For draft classes, I use old gen 2k23 with HS/College teams to use. I used to do College Hoops for more of a better college feel, but I'm giving it a break.

More accurate uniforms and courts made by the community works for me!

I utilize a excel spreadsheet of where players went to then edit and fill in with mostly accurate historic draft classes.

For example, 1984 draft will have Sam Bowie in it on my end but anybody else missing will have my created players in it.
Old 08-21-2024, 09:57 AM   #8
MVP

simbayless's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Snap
If I get this game, I'm starting in 1991-92, simming to the 1995 offseason, and taking the Vancouver Grizzlies.

In their six years in Vancouver, the Grizzlies were truly grisly. Average 82-game record of 18-64.

Surely even I can do better, right? Surely I can build the team better--1996 has a loaded draft, 1997 has Duncan and McGrady, 1998 has Vince Carter, Dirk Nowitzki and Paul Pierce...

I'm a proud Texan, but I've always felt so sorry for the genuine Vancouver basketball fans. It's one reason I'm grateful one of 2K's pre-made expansion teams is the Vancouver Ravens; I like the design!

TheScore recently did a great video on just how poorly the real Van City Grizz were run in their time there, showing that while they did make their share of dumb moves, the league was also actively sabotaging them and the Raptors. Check it out:

This is why I wanted late 90's era
Simming to that point is time consuming

Quick question do most of you guys draft every player to their real teams or you just let it play out like a sand box🤔

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »