Home

PS5 Online Dynasty WJA

This is a discussion on PS5 Online Dynasty WJA within the EA Sports College Football Online forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > EA Sports College Football Online
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-19-2024, 08:00 PM   #1
Rookie

mchance13's Arena

OVR: 1
PS5 Online Dynasty WJA

WELCOME COACH

It's been a while since we've been able to have online dynasties on console, but here we are. Now that the dust has settled a bit, I think it's time for me to be part of an online dynasty...so I'm starting one. I was an active member of Tradition Sports Online back during the '14 era, posting all sorts of media, stories, highlight clips, etc. Things have surely changed for most all of us who were playing back then. I'm just excited to have college football back on the gaming menu and hope some like-minded folks can get in on/help create the fun. If you can't have fun and lose, this isn't going to be for you. This is a program building OD that is starting with weak schools. If you win every game, something is definitely wrong.

I want to have an easy-going dynasty using AA difficulty and sliders. This will be low pressure and understanding of IRL commitments. A number of game issues are being patched, but I think it's about time to start an OD that can run for a good number of seasons. The name of the game for me has always been building a program and being the coach who makes a difference at a school. If you like some semi-realistic football, recruiting/program building, and friendly banter, then come and join in.

What's in a Name?

The last great league I was in was Second to None. If anyone on here happens to be from TSO or that specific league, hi old friends. This league name is dedicated to my coworker, whose wife will not let him buy a PS5. WheresJerryAt is the league name. Maybe he can grace us with his presence one day.

Starting Scenario

Congratulations on your contract. You are the new coach of *insert school <80 OVR and =<2 stars*. Your mission is to lead the team to greatness. As the coach, you are expected to run all aspects of your team. Will you focus on developing your talent in-house as a motivator, bringing talent in as a top recruiter, or through getting the most of your X's and O's as a tactician?

Rules:
Spoiler

Conference Realignment current and future:

Spoiler

League Settings:
Spoiler

XP Sliders:
Spoiler

Gameplay Sliders (modified from the averaged slider set and will be tweaked with updates):
Spoiler

Game Options:
Spoiler

Eligible teams remaining:
Spoiler

Current User Teams: Appalachian St, Arkansas St, Buffalo, Coastal Carolina, Eastern Michigan, FIU, Louisiana, Louisiana Tech, MTSU, Navy, Nevada, Rice, South Alabama, Texas St, Western Kentucky, Western Michigan

Reply to this thread and I can send an invite to the league and Discord server (OS or Discord can be used to communicate withe other users for scheduling). OD has started and is in the early part of the 2024 season still. With relatively few user games, advances are moving quickly (typically 24-48h). 72h is the target to complete any weeks with user matchups. I'd like to stick near that, but lots of user matchups in one week could push that out.

I'm open to suggestions and am relatively flexible. We haven't drifted much from where we started on settings and expectations.

Google Sheet for OD: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

PSN: CashmanJenkins

Last edited by mchance13; 09-15-2024 at 03:28 PM. Reason: updating teams
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2024, 11:56 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: PS5 Online Dynasty WJA

I am interested in joining if you can send the discord.

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchance13
WELCOME COACH

It's been a while since we've been able to have online dynasties on console, but here we are. Now that the dust has settled a bit, I think it's time for me to be part of an online dynasty...so I'm starting one. I was an active member of Tradition Sports Online back during the '14 era, posting all sorts of media, stories, highlight clips, etc. Things have surely changed for most all of us who were playing back then. I'm just excited to have college football back on the gaming menu and hope some like-minded folks can get in on/help create the fun. If you can't have fun and lose, this isn't going to be for you. This is a program building OD that is starting with weak schools. If you win every game, something is definitely wrong.

I want to have an easy-going dynasty using AA difficulty and sliders. This will be low pressure and understanding of IRL commitments. A number of game issues are being patched, but I think it's about time to start an OD that can run for a good number of seasons. The name of the game for me has always been building a program and being the coach who makes a difference at a school. If you like some semi-realistic football, recruiting/program building, and friendly banter, then come and join in.

What's in a Name?

The last great league I was in was Second to None. If anyone on here happens to be from TSO or that specific league, hi old friends. This league name is dedicated to my coworker, whose wife will not let him buy a PS5. WheresJerryAt is the league name. Maybe he can grace us with his presence one day.

Starting Scenario

Congratulations on your contract. You are the new coach of *insert school <80 OVR and =<2 stars*. Your mission is to lead the team to greatness. As the coach, you are expected to run all aspects of your team. Will you focus on developing your talent in-house as a motivator, bringing talent in as a top recruiter, or through getting the most of your X's and O's as a tactician?

Rules:
  • First and foremost is HAVE FUN. If you can't have fun, then don't play the game.
  • Be respectful of others.
  • Stream all games, please. This is new to me, but seems to be a requirement for every sim league anymore. If someone has significant network impact messing up your games, I'd consider dropping it.
  • Scheduling game times is user responsibility. Whoever makes first contact has priority. If the other party does not respond within 24h of the planned advance, they will be set to auto. Users can both agree to a sim if there is no way to schedule a game. If anyone disconnects, the other is expected to finish the game out. There's really no good way to handle legitimate disconnects and the "would've, should've, could've" that comes with them. This is the one that can be abused the least.
  • Please stay with the default uniform colors or very close. I'm fine with light gray over white or black over navy, but you must be distinguishable from the other team AND the field (no all green on a green field).
  • No glitches or abuses of mechanics.
  • Sim playcalling, please. Don't cheese, especially against another user.
  • Schedule at least one top 25 in your OOC scheduling at the beginning of the year. Until you are ranked in the top 25, that should be an away game UNLESS it is a conference rival that switches sites yearly. Michigan isn't coming to play at Miami of Ohio week 2 just so your score for brand exposure can increase and you hope to take advantage of the home crowd.
  • No 5* recruits until you are a 3* program. I'm hoping the patches help remedy this, but I don't have that much faith. I'm guessing we'll need a cap on 5* recruits at some point, but I'm going to take a wait and see approach.
  • Advancing twice per week is the current plan. This will most likely be Sunday and Wednesday nights.
  • Position Changes: DO feel free to make reasonable changes. E.g. This game doesn't properly use the backs in flexbone formation. Moving a HB to FB, even without blocking skill, is completely reasonable because they would be the B back. Also, moving WR to HB to play the A back is completely reasonable, given their position on the line and the focus on speed, sweeps, and route running. DON'T try to game the system by putting DBs on the line, players in unreasonable positions, or moving players to a different position during a redshirt season to artificially boost your recruiting at a position.
  • There's no set number of disconnects or missed weeks to bring out the boot yet. That will really depends on the feel of the league as it goes.
  • Pick a team from the list near the bottom or this thread or you can let RNG decide.
  • Stay with your team until you're fired OR offered a coaching job with lower prestige/overall you'd rather have. The goal is to program build, but if you're at the upper echelon and it is getting stale or you just enjoy the lower tier grind you can always take on a new challenge.
Conference Realignment current and future:
Spoiler

League Settings:
Spoiler

XP Sliders:
Spoiler

Gameplay Sliders (modified from the averaged slider set and will be tweaked with updates):
Spoiler

Game Options:
Spoiler

Eligible teams remaining:
Spoiler

Current User Teams: Rice, Western Kentucky

Reply to this thread and I can send an invite to the league and Discord server (OS or Discord can be used to communicate withe other users for scheduling). The planned start date is Sunday, August 25th. Advances in off-season/preseason stages will take place at 24h intervals if there is user input. If the OD roster remains small, we will up the pace in weeks without user matchups. Anything more than 16 members seems like it could be too much.

I'm open to suggestions and am relatively flexible, but the above are the initial settings.

PSN: CashmanJenkins
Old 08-20-2024, 06:40 PM   #3
Rookie

I’m interested in the Ragin Cajuns.

PS ID is Downing11
Old 08-21-2024, 02:44 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 16

I'm interested my PSN is Maserati_Bryan17
Old 08-21-2024, 07:19 PM   #5
Rookie

mchance13's Arena

Sounds good, @redsfan4life, @downing11, and @gamerguy98. I'm setting up the discord now and will send details and invites when I get finished.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2024, 02:43 PM   #6
Just started!

jasonck's Arena

Hey, I would be interested in joining! Not sure which team yet but wanted to at least express initial interest. PSN: FutureBuckeye11
Old 08-22-2024, 03:50 PM   #7
Rookie

mchance13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonck
Hey, I would be interested in joining! Not sure which team yet but wanted to at least express initial interest. PSN: FutureBuckeye11
I can send an invite when I get off of work tonight. That may be late this evening. Discord is going to be the easiest way to keep up comms. If you have that, send me your ID via PSN message and I'll send the discord invite directly.
Old 08-23-2024, 07:17 AM   #8
Rookie

I would love to join. I would like to have Eastern Michigan if they are still open.
PSN:Kelley325

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > EA Sports College Football Online »