Home

Level Switching Behind Your Back?

This is a discussion on Level Switching Behind Your Back? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-19-2024, 06:30 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Level Switching Behind Your Back?

Was in a thread recently about which level seems to be best for our individual needs and forgot to mention this. Curious if anyone else is experiencing it. When I go in and tweak sliders etc I noticed that the game keeps switching me from Varsity to AA. Anyone else dealing with this?

In other words, I thought I was on VAR in recent seasons when apparently I've been on AA. Weird.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2024, 07:00 AM   #2
Pro

Chibi's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Level Switching Behind Your Back?

I've definitely seen it say varsity on my AA dynasty, but I don't know that any games were affected. It made me paranoid enough to check again after blowing out evenly matched teams.
Old 08-19-2024, 10:52 AM   #3
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

I was just telling someone else that when you do CPU v. CPU Play now games, and if you pause the game and go into the settings, the settings are different than from what you set them too. This same thing happened in Madden 24, and it was hard to tell if it was simply a cosmetic issue and your settings are being used, or if the settings are being switched. They are always being switched to lower level settings and the QB Mechanic is always switched to Placement. In my observation, this only happens in Play Now with the AI playing against itself.
Old 08-19-2024, 11:09 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSteelDad
Was in a thread recently about which level seems to be best for our individual needs and forgot to mention this. Curious if anyone else is experiencing it. When I go in and tweak sliders etc I noticed that the game keeps switching me from Varsity to AA. Anyone else dealing with this?

In other words, I thought I was on VAR in recent seasons when apparently I've been on AA. Weird.
Yes, I have a similar issue. In my offline league with my son the difficulty setting has switched MANY TIMES from Varsity to AA. I play a separate offline AA difficulty league, and I have an online league. My default game settings were AA so I thought maybe it's inheriting from basic game settings? So I changed it to Varsity and haven't yet experienced a change back AA since doing that, but that's only a guess anyway. Additionally last night my buddies and I for our online dynasty just noticed the league difficulty changed from AA to Varsity. I had never seen that happen before. There's a small chance I made that change accidentally when updating play cooldown timers but I doubt it.
Old 08-19-2024, 11:17 AM   #5
Rookie

bayers3's Arena

Now that I see this is happening to someone else, I think this is a Dynasty bug. The bug seems to be it kicks you down a level when you close out.

I'm playing a Heisman dynasty and every time I load it I have to go into the league settings and change it back, the default keeps being set to All-American.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2024, 12:37 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayers3
Now that I see this is happening to someone else, I think this is a Dynasty bug. The bug seems to be it kicks you down a level when you close out.

I'm playing a Heisman dynasty and every time I load it I have to go into the league settings and change it back, the default keeps being set to All-American.
It's definitely a bug. I reported it as a bug a week or so ago in EA Bug forum b/c it was really ruining the enjoyment of playing with my son when it would constantly change the difficulty from Varsity to All American.

NOTE: Here is my bug ticket if anyone wants to upvote it to draw more attention to this issue:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Report.../td-p/13961874

I actually wonder if it's inheriting the base game difficulty on fresh loads only. Meaning when I do a quick resume it doesn't seem to change, but if I load the game from scratch I think it may be inheriting the base game setting. I don't seem to have an issue if I close out and return. When I return whatever setting I just saved is retained.

To this point I set the online dynasty last night back to All American. When I got on this morning following the patch it was at Varsity again. I made the change back to All American, left the league and returned and it was on All American still. Again this is just a hunch, but I'm definitely frustrated, especially in an online league where potentially some players are getting easier difficulty on their games that other players b/c the settings are changing.

Last edited by TGCRequiem; 08-19-2024 at 01:36 PM.
Old 08-19-2024, 03:18 PM   #7
Five Becomes Four

Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I had previously noticed and reported that difficulty settings from the front-end get silently imported into online dynasty if the league commissioner logged into the dynasty while his front-end difficulty setting didn't match whatever the dynasty difficulty setting was.

Worth noting that this bug previously existed in Madden 23 and was fixed in a post-launch title update.
Old 08-19-2024, 03:33 PM   #8
Rookie

I Can confirm this has been an issue in my own online dynasty. Anytime there’s a user vs user game in dynasty the settings will switch to freshman from AA. If the connection disconnects and we retry another user v user matchup after reverting our settings back to AA, the glitch doesn’t happen. Have also seen this glitch happen outside of that scenario but not super frequently or in a way I can map to a pattern.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »