Home

What has your experience been for those who dropped from All American to Varsity?

This is a discussion on What has your experience been for those who dropped from All American to Varsity? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-16-2024, 05:12 PM   #1
Rookie

SaintDemure's Arena

OVR: 6
What has your experience been for those who dropped from All American to Varsity?

I've always been an AA guy but I'm struggling with interceptions big time. Some are my fault, (I'm not the best at reading defenses), and some are the annoying type where the CB runs the route better than my WR, or the open WR fails to react to the pass altogether. I'm currently 2-4, which is fine, but some of these losses are too cheesy.

I'm also having issues where the moment my WRs are touched, they drop the ball. I had 15 dropped passes last game due to contact.

I'm thinking of making the switch to Varsity, but I still want a challenge. I'm playing with a 71 overall team so for my first year a .500 record would be a success. I'd hate to switch and then start dominating.

I'm summary, for those who made the switch, how did you find the contrast in difficulty levels?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2024, 05:18 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: What has your experience been for those who dropped from All American to Varsity?

I switched to classic passing because I find revamped passing pointless

But the Madden passing mode seemed okay just kinda wonky at times
Old 08-16-2024, 05:27 PM   #3
All Star

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: What has your experience been for those who dropped from All American to Varsity?

I played AA pre-patch and have since made the switch to varsity. A lot of the BS that bothered me on AA post-patch (but not at all pre-patch on AA) seems gone on varsity. My tests with my 2024 ODU team (74 OVR) felt really good. I won half of the games, and they all felt realistic.

In season 2 my ODU is now an 80 OVR and most of my opponents are within a few points of my team. I started with 3 straight road games (which should be a challenge). I’m 5-1 with my only loss coming @ #7 Virginia Tech.

I’m getting pretty worried that I won’t lose often enough on varsity (I’ve already changed the sliders to make them tougher) and that’s with an 80 OVR team. I’m really worried what it’d be like once I’m coaching teams closer to 90 (or above).
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 08-16-2024, 08:21 PM   #4
Rookie

GKEnialb's Arena

OVR: 5

I was throwing a ton of interceptions in AA, switched to vanilla Varsity and threw 4 in the first game, switched to Armor's Varsity "Average Joe" Sliders for Varsity and things got MUCH better... Not too easy but many fewer INTs.
Old 08-16-2024, 08:41 PM   #5
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41

I moved to varsity as well with Toledo.
Finished year one 9-3 regular season
Won the MAC championship 28-24
Won the Myrtle Beach bowl 32-28 finished ranked
Gleason finished with 3800 yards 31 TDs and 9 Ints
Had the 89th ranked class

Year two lost my opener to Kentucky 49-7

I have won like 20 Super Bowls in Madden so I am kinda a big deal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2024, 09:43 PM   #6
MVP

Collegefbfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKEnialb
I was throwing a ton of interceptions in AA, switched to vanilla Varsity and threw 4 in the first game, switched to Armor's Varsity "Average Joe" Sliders for Varsity and things got MUCH better... Not too easy but many fewer INTs.
What this guy said. Let me first say that I never tried AA. I tried the game out on Play Now when I first got it. Okay, too easy. Moved to dynasty and tried default sliders for varsity. I was winning, but dang it was a headache at times. My SDSU team beat Oregon State pretty badly, then had the toughest time in the world watching teams like Eastern Michigan, FCS Royals, and a host of others put up 400 yards passing on us while we won in a ton of shootouts by 3-12 points. Very few punts. The thing is/was I wasn't throwing that many picks. It was that the CPU offense found EVERY SINGLE OPENING IN THE ZONE ALMOST EVERY SINGLE TIME. Made the change to a good set of sliders and been pretty happy about it.
Old 08-17-2024, 02:28 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

I can’t believe I just tossed 5 picks in a Sun Belt game on default Varsity. Never have I ever…but, now that I know it can happen I know it’s ok to stay right here Of course the sim engine allowed my opponent’s offense to dog walk us. Lost 35-14 to fall to 5-6 on the season
Old 08-17-2024, 10:35 AM   #8
Rookie

Varsity feels better after the last patch to me, obv EA needs to add / fix some things before next year. I haven't tried a real AA run after patch but Varsity I'm happy with on 10 min / 20 accel. Any slider tweaks that are needed don't need to be too significant for my exp. anyway. Passing too easy, Ints too easy, cpu run game a little too weak. But getting total plays on par with the cpu simmed games and the scores are good. So I'm happy with it, even though I should adjust as I'm having a little more success than my team should. Still lost to 74 overall NM ST team with my 80 overall so that's good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »