Home

Random bump and run- getting beat deep

This is a discussion on Random bump and run- getting beat deep within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-15-2024, 07:24 PM   #1
Rookie

guru8's Arena

OVR: 6
Random bump and run- getting beat deep

Also, I've noticed my db's coming up and playing close coverage on wideouts when I don't want them to. It also rears its ugly head when a user or cpu is in hurry up mode. How have you guys navigated through this? Obviously, you can manually do it one by one, but are there any other things that you guys do?
NBA- Phoenix Suns
MLB- Atlanta Braves

'Life is not a sprint, it's a marathon.. you start off fast, and now ya wheezin' in the back" - Jay-Z (2005)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2024, 09:37 PM   #2
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Random bump and run- getting beat deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by guru8
Also, I've noticed my db's coming up and playing close coverage on wideouts when I don't want them to. It also rears its ugly head when a user or cpu is in hurry up mode. How have you guys navigated through this? Obviously, you can manually do it one by one, but are there any other things that you guys do?
Do you mean you're getting burned on bump and run when you run stock Cover 2 Man or something else? Or Cover 0? Or this is when you play bump and run coverage.

Hurry up mode is diabolical in this game, I don't think there's an easy cure-all for that portion of things either way.
Old 08-15-2024, 11:46 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

I don't like having to do it, but I coverage adjust to play over the top.

Can you expand more on what situations you see undesired bump and run?

I've experienced an issue with bump and run but its the opposite; when I hot route a defender to press he doesn't.
Old 08-16-2024, 05:32 PM   #4
Rookie

guru8's Arena

I can be in Cov 2, 3, 4, 6, etc as well as man to man. It's random and drive killers for me
NBA- Phoenix Suns
MLB- Atlanta Braves

'Life is not a sprint, it's a marathon.. you start off fast, and now ya wheezin' in the back" - Jay-Z (2005)
Old 08-16-2024, 11:16 PM   #5
Rookie

fightingirish595's Arena

OVR: 0

I don’t know if this helps, but I typically use the over the top pre snap adjustment when my outside corners are in man and I don’t have any safety help. If I’m in cover 1 press I will also use over the top.

One of my favorite run blitzes is pinch out of 3-4. 6 man rush. First thing I do is put that secondary to over the top
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2024, 06:05 PM   #6
Rookie

In Cov 6/4 your field corner will often press the #1 receiver in trips formations where #3 is loose aka not an attached TE. A lot of teams do this in quarters and then play 3 over 2 read coverage vs #2 and 3. This is a real adjustment a lot of teams make because the field corner generally only has to defend go routes and in breakers vs that wide of a split.

Whenever I see this I just user the field corner back to about 8 yards.
Old 08-17-2024, 07:20 PM   #7
Pro

This doesn't fix your issue, but I've started usering the corners more often. Granted, I almost exclusively run Cover 2, but I really got tired of corners getting beat deep in all of the other coverages.

This game forces you to user whichever player you think the game is going to make dumb. If I'm in cover 3, I have to user the corner that's playing overtop of the fastest WR.
Old 08-17-2024, 09:47 PM   #8
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

Make sure you haven't accidentally set a coverage shell look in the play call screen. I have done that more than once without realizing I made a change.

Last edited by IlluminatusUIUC; 08-18-2024 at 10:10 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »