Home

Delete your Profile to Improve Gameplay

This is a discussion on Delete your Profile to Improve Gameplay within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-14-2024, 10:27 PM   #1
Rookie

DynastyDaddy's Arena

OVR: 0
Delete your Profile to Improve Gameplay

Long story short, Mr. Hurricane brought this up on his channel during his Saints franchise. He said that whenever the game feels “off” to him that you he deletes his profile and it sort of resets the game, especially after you adjust the sliders.

I have done this with Madden in the past and seen some improvement in gameplay.

The last few days I have been incredibly frustrated with the gameplay/performance of CFB25. I had been loving the game to that point, but for the life of me I couldn’t figure out why the game felt so much different.

I tried adjusting a few things in the sliders, but it almost seemed to make matters worse. I told my wife, “if deleting my profile doesn’t work, I am going to have to put the game down for while.”

I deleted it and BAM. Cleaner animations, less fluky cpu play, sliders seemed to be responding how you would expect. Just finished 2 games on Heisman difficulty. 1st game I won by 3. Game 2 I lost by 7. Really crisp too.

I can’t recommend this enough for people out there if you have felt like the game has played poorly all of a sudden.

Last edited by DynastyDaddy; 08-14-2024 at 10:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2024, 10:32 PM   #2
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Delete your Profile to Improve Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynastyDaddy
Long story short, Mr. Hurricane brought this up on his channel during his Saints franchise. He said that whenever the game feels “off” to him that you he deletes his profile and it sort of resets the game, especially after you adjust the sliders.

I have done this with Madden in the past and seen some improvement in gameplay.

The last few days I have been incredibly frustrated with the gameplay/performance of CFB25. I had been loving the game to that point, but for the life of me I couldn’t figure out why the game felt so much different.

I tried adjusting a few things in the sliders, but it almost seemed to make matters worse. I told my wife, “if deleting my profile doesn’t work, I am going to have to put the game down for while.”

I deleted it and BAM. Cleaner animations, less fluky cpu play, sliders seemed to be responding how you would expect. Just finished 2 games on Heisman difficulty. 1st game I won by 3. Game 2 I lost by 7. Really crisp too.

I can’t recommend this enough for people out there if you have felt like the game has played poorly all of a sudden.
We talking Xbox or Playstation?

Sent from my SM-F946U using Operation Sports mobile app
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 08-14-2024, 11:55 PM   #3
Rookie

DynastyDaddy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant C1a55ic
We talking Xbox or Playstation?

Deleting your CFB25 profile is applicable to both consoles

Last edited by DynastyDaddy; 08-15-2024 at 12:00 AM.
Old 08-15-2024, 12:14 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

This seems like the epitome of placebo imo
Old 08-15-2024, 12:45 AM   #5
Rookie

DynastyDaddy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I played 3 games before deleting my profile and they all played poorly.

I deleted and then played another 3 and they all felt fantastic and played nothing like the 3 games prior to deleting my profile.

Do I have data to support it helps? No, but I don’t need it. You can try it for yourself or not. I am not the only one who has done this and had results.

Last edited by DynastyDaddy; 08-15-2024 at 12:48 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2024, 12:52 AM   #6
Rookie

DynastyDaddy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Here is Matt10 who makes some of the best sliders on this forum suggesting the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Might I suggest resetting your profile? Seems you have always had issues with the sets produced, and it's just not the case from the majority of feedback. Usually a profile reset will help resync the issues you are experiencing.
Old 08-15-2024, 02:02 AM   #7
Rookie

how exactly do you do this? like within the game? will it affect my current dynasty?
Old 08-15-2024, 02:17 AM   #8
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

I just dont see what this would accomplish, despite placebo effect as someone else mentioned.

Removing the profile doesn't really do anything in association with games themselves. Are you doing a complete deletion of the profile, and saved data, or just the profile? If you are just removing the profile, IMO it's a placebo effect. If you are doing all of it, there might be something the game is re-downloading that was maybe corrupted the first time, but highly unlikely as the bulk of the data from the said profile was left behind on the console. It also might be a sort of cache clearing for the profile, but that's just an educated guess.

I'm no expert, just my 2 cents as I worked for a third party vendor when the XB1 was launched, and the series x/s use the similar software when it comes to the UI etc. I did a lot with profiles, saved data, recovering accounts etc etc. I just dont see from my experience what it would do to the game itself.

MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »