Home

How do you prefer to call plays?

This is a discussion on How do you prefer to call plays? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-10-2024, 01:25 PM   #1
Rookie

leoribas3's Arena

OVR: 0
How do you prefer to call plays?

How do you prefer to call your plays on offense? Do you guys prefer using the Coaches Suggestions, by formations, play type/concept, by player?

Ive played Madden and NCAA for the past 15+ years, but being that Im not American, Ive always called plays through Coaches Suggestions and play type. I know the concept of the plays, and understand the Xs and Os of football but never really got into finding a formation I like the best for some reason.

Also how would you guys advise me into finding a formation I like the most? Do you guys mainly use one formation or several? Like having 3 prefered formations or something?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2024, 01:32 PM   #2
All Star

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: How do you prefer to call plays?

I run a no huddle offense and when you call from no huddle you’re calling by personnel (basically how many RBs and how many TEs are on the field at the same time) so when I call from the huddle, I also call by personnel.

I’m pretty diverse in my play calling and don’t have a favorite formation (although everything except for my goal line formation is from shotgun). I have 27 formations in my playbook and I use them all.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 08-10-2024, 01:33 PM   #3
Rookie

dcgc28's Arena

I do a little of everything. I like the quick action of the coach suggestions but when they get stale I'll usually call by concept. I really like Mesh for a single read and Drive for a hi lo 2 read, I ran a lot of Mesh in high school a couple moons ago lol

Then I also like some plays that are just easier to find by player. I also use the Favorites feature. I'm sort of all over the place. I'd say primarily by Concept though for the sake of the conversation.

Last edited by dcgc28; 08-10-2024 at 01:35 PM.
Old 08-10-2024, 01:56 PM   #4
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

I saw in some thread the concept of using Coach Suggestions, but picking from those based on down.

Example, on first down use one of the first three plays.

Second down, scroll down once and pick from that set of three.

Third down, third set of plays, etc.
Old 08-10-2024, 02:14 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

90% by formation.

On some 3rd and longs I'll call a play by concept because my playbook (UNLV) has 4 variations of shotgun y trips and I have a hard time keeping them straight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2024, 02:15 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 26

Typically either by play type or coach’s suggestion. I would prefer to go by formation but by the time I flip through everything and find a play I like I’m having to rush to the line to avoid a delay of game.

I think this is why I use so many hot routes. I use coach’s suggestion to find a formation I like and then just draw up my own play when I get to the line.
Old 08-10-2024, 02:25 PM   #7
№¹ Bad Boy.

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

I like calling my own offensive plays and coach suggestion for defense but I had to ''fire'' the defense suggestion coach and start calling my own defensive plays as well because the defensive coach suggestion don't know jack**** and probably doesn't know his *** from a hole in the ground. I'm expecting improvements from EA next year.
Old 08-10-2024, 02:29 PM   #8
Rookie

dcgc28's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
I like calling my own offensive plays and coach suggestion for defense but I had to ''fire'' the defense suggestion coach and start calling my own defensive plays as well because the defensive coach suggestion don't know jack**** and probably doesn't know his *** from a hole in the ground. I'm expecting improvements from EA next year.
Agree here absolute train wreck, 0 situational awareness at least on offense on it suggests appropriate down and distance plays. I basically call all defense from the concepts page.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »