Home

NCAA Revamped was better

This is a discussion on NCAA Revamped was better within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-05-2024, 06:59 PM   #1
Rookie

big09's Arena

OVR: 0
NCAA Revamped was better

Am I the only person who likes NCAA Revamped better than College Football 25? I'm an older user (50's) and just like to pick up a game and start playing without having to watch several YouTube videos on how to do everything. I guess after 10 years of playing 14 and loving the updates people were able to do it's time to move on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2024, 07:03 PM   #2
№¹ Bad Boy.

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Re: NCAA Revamped was better

It has its cons and pros.
CFB25 does too. I've weighed them each and for all its warts , I was ready to move on to 25. Nothing wrong with sticking with revamped tho if it suits you.
Old 08-05-2024, 07:06 PM   #3
Rookie

Never played revamped but played several of the older versions. While I think this game is really good, I do wish I didn't feel like I was at a major disadvantage for not being able to read defenses and know what/when to audible and all that crap. Think they made that part a little too sim for most the community although I know the real diehard football fans love it. As a mid-to-late 30's gamer, I don't have the time/desire to research how to do everything.

Last edited by kariya05; 08-05-2024 at 07:08 PM.
Old 08-05-2024, 07:35 PM   #4
Five Becomes Four

Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
NCAA Revamped was better

I don't think your unwillingness to learn how to play a new game is any reasonable or fair indicator as to the quality (or lack thereof) of said new game.

That said — College Football 25 (and most modern AAA simulation sports games in general) are sorely lacking in new user on-boarding features and in-game tutorials. Any which do exist in CFB25 are unfortunately buried inside of Ultimate Team. It's a very legitimate issue with the game.

Last edited by Hooe; 08-05-2024 at 09:28 PM.
Old 08-05-2024, 07:55 PM   #5
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

I enjoyed Revamped. It's incredible what that team did to that game. With that being said, it's the difference in player movement and animations that won't allow me to go back to playing the older games anymore. That's to be expected when comparing two games that are 11 years apart.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2024, 08:32 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 12

Revamped is much better for dynasty.

Gameplay wise, it's a wash. Revamped likely is more realistic, but the graphics and animations feel dated which does impact enjoyment a bit. 2025 has fun gameplay and amazing graphics, but it's arcadey and not very representative of football at that level.

I'd take 2025 if you're playing with your buddies over beers. Revamped if you're into dynasty.
Old 08-05-2024, 08:45 PM   #7
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

As much as I love revamped/14, there's no way I could go back to the gameplay of that game. For the last 3 or 4 years the gameplay just hasn't held up to what madden was doing, so I would play madden for gameplay but use revamped for my simulation dynasties or if I wanted to do coach mode.

Compared to 25, revamped has a little better dynasty but with a few updates 25 can easily pass that up.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 08-05-2024, 09:11 PM   #8
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I don't think your unwillingness to learn how to play a new game has is any reasonable or fair indicator as to the quality (or lack thereof) of said new game.

That said — College Football 25 (and most modern AAA simulation sports games in general) are sorely lacking in new user on-boarding features and in-game tutorials. Any which do exist in CFB25 are unfortunately buried inside of Ultimate Team. It's a very legitimate issue with the game.

It hurts twice as badly because those tutorials from the original NCAA franchise were some of my first intros to these intermediate concepts. I can still hear Kirk Herbstreit teaching me the triple option.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »