Home

Smart AI Moments

This is a discussion on Smart AI Moments within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-05-2024, 06:42 PM   #1
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Smart AI Moments

As with anything, there should always be balance in my opinion. We have threads discussing brain dead and cheating AI, but I'd love to hear some of you all's experiences where the AI did good things while you were playing against it. For me

1) It's use of timeouts. I had a game where I was in hurry up and driving ng for a game winning score and it called timeout to get itself situated. I've also had the AI call timeouts to ice my kicker.

2) Audibles. During times where there is a soft box, the AI will audible and run the ball.

3) It's minimal use of the HB Screen as compared to its use on Madden. When it calls a screen it makes sense in the moment. They also make good use of other type screen plays and RPO's.

4) It's intentional about getting the ball to its best players.

5) If I have a DLineman that's eating, it will adjust and start doubling the guy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2024, 07:27 PM   #2
Pro

Feros Ferio 7's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Smart AI Moments

In dynasty mode I beat Michigan in the national title game and they had a run heavy approach and I swallowed up their ground game and pulled away for the title.

The next year I scheduled them to play against them and they spent the first quarter coming out with heavy run looks and utilizing play action to get wide open receivers for chunk plays.

It had clearly scouted and was prepared for how I'd run my defense based on last game.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-05-2024, 07:35 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I was playing a CPU v CPU game with Georgia Tech running the Army option. GT's starting quarterback is quick and makes a good option QB. The backups are more dropback style QBs, less mobile. When the starting QB was injured for a couple of plays, I was curious what plays the AI would call. Knowing the backup QB was not very mobile, the AI called back to back rocket-toss plays, only requiring the QB to turn around and toss the ball. Then the starter was back in and the AI returned to calling plays for a mobile QB. Very smart.
Old 08-05-2024, 10:53 PM   #4
Rookie

falcor1234's Arena

Setting up plays seems a lot more organic than in 14. I like that the computer remembers the plays you ran out of formations. I ran a speed option for a decent chuck. In the second half I came out in the same formation and ran an option reverse where it looks like a speed option but a wr runs the other way and I flipped it to him and the defense was out of position for a huge td run.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-05-2024, 10:58 PM   #5
Pro

Playing as Memphis at Florida State. I burned them on a Wide Receiver Middle Screen out of a Trips look in the first half. When I tried to come back to it in the second half they were in super tight press man-to-man and I had to audible to a run.

Also as Memphis I have a star receiver and they were doubling him on third downs later in the game after he made some big plays in the first half.

In case you can't tell, I didn't win.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2024, 10:59 PM   #6
Rookie

TON1C's Arena

OVR: 2

I haven’t played a ton yet but I did see the CPU put 9 guys in the box but bail into Cover 4 Quarters which was really cool.
Old 08-05-2024, 11:18 PM   #7
Rookie

BoiseBronco2024's Arena

These posts are the type of thing that makes me want to get the game. Just wish the known issues were ironed out!

C'mon, EA! I want you to take my money. Come with that proper Dynasty patch!!!!!!!
Old 08-05-2024, 11:23 PM   #8
Pro

If I bring my Tight End across the formation for an extra blocker to the play side they'll frequently bring a defender across with him to take away my man advantage.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »