Home

Eras for WNBA

This is a discussion on Eras for WNBA within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-04-2024, 10:42 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Eras for WNBA

I know I'm probably in the minority on this but I think it would be so cool if they brought Eras to the WNBA portion of MyWNBA. I feel like it would be easier than NBA since hasn't been around nearly as long. So fewer draft classes alot less players etc.

As a Seattle Storm fan I can only imagine playing with the 🐐 Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson and trying to replicate their dominance in the WNBA.

Like what if they just started the ERA from Like 2010 or 2008. 2010 you would have Tina Charles and 2008 Candace Parker, so some legendary players.

I hope it's something they add hopefully this year (doubtful) but at least something in next couple years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2024, 11:03 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Eras for WNBA

Idk why they don't at least have an All-Star decade teams for the WNBA. That way, the unlicensed players can continue to be unsigned by Take-Two while the current players can be represented in this format:
90's West(?)
90's East(?)
00's West
00's East
10's West
10's East
I just wonder if important players like Maya Moore will be in it initially though, or if it could be contractually similar to Brandon Roy. I remember seeing these 00's WNBA legends back in NBA Street Homecourt so it'd be an interest to me seeing them officially licensed by 2K and getting post-retirement paid for their playing days.
Old 08-04-2024, 01:56 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiTract
Idk why they don't at least have an All-Star decade teams for the WNBA. That way, the unlicensed players can continue to be unsigned by Take-Two while the current players can be represented in this format:
90's West(?)
90's East(?)
00's West
00's East
10's West
10's East
I just wonder if important players like Maya Moore will be in it initially though, or if it could be contractually similar to Brandon Roy. I remember seeing these 00's WNBA legends back in NBA Street Homecourt so it'd be an interest to me seeing them officially licensed by 2K and getting post-retirement paid for their playing days.

Yea I think it would be cool to see retired players back in like they have for the NBA players. And like I said it would be less players since less teams and have only been around for a fraction of the time that NBA has been
Old 08-05-2024, 02:19 AM   #4
Rookie

2Kray's Arena

It would be a treat to play with Candace Parker in her Sparks years or Maya Moore’s dominant run. As someone who plays WNBA side equivalent to the NBA side, I’d just love to see the W get more love in the game.
Old 08-05-2024, 10:28 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

I don't really use the WNBA teams but I wonder if a couple WNBA classic teams could help scratch that itch for folks who are into it, as opposed to full-fledged eras.

My concern about WNBA eras is a sheer lack of unfamiliarity with the breadth of classic WNBA eras. I stand to be corrected but I can't see there being an extensive base of gamers who'd utilize and appreciate that kind of classic mode.

On the flip side, I think a few WNBA classic teams could be just accessible and recognizable enough for some gamers to latch on and utilize. For instance, if I could pull myself away from my NBA Eras run, I could see myself running with the Rebacca Lobo Liberty, the Cooper/Thompson Comets, the 2003 Detroit Shock, Lauren Jackson Storm, or the Lisa Leslie Sparks in a quick play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2024, 11:41 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 3

It would be amazing to play with the Houston Comets and Charlotte Sting, but I dont think that there is a big enough want for that .. unfortunately lol

Plus the league changed soooo much in the small amount of time so it would be hella leg work
Old 08-05-2024, 02:38 PM   #7
Rookie

I just think ot would be a cool experience to play with legends of the WNBA like we do in the NBA eras. I kno it's not a high or likely chance of happening but would be cool to see implemented sometime.

Also feel like they wouldn't need to go back super far to have a bunch of legends appear in the WNBA Eras. Like I said in opening post like 2008-10 I think would be a great start point
Old 08-05-2024, 04:01 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bm7414206
I just think ot would be a cool experience to play with legends of the WNBA like we do in the NBA eras. I kno it's not a high or likely chance of happening but would be cool to see implemented sometime.

Also feel like they wouldn't need to go back super far to have a bunch of legends appear in the WNBA Eras. Like I said in opening post like 2008-10 I think would be a great start point
I think that's where some classic teams could work rather than creating an entire era. Using your 2008 example, a lot of people would be familiar with Tamika Catchings, Lauren Jackson, Lisa Leslie, and Candace Parker but I bet familiarity drops off a cliff shortly after that. So it seems like it'd be a lot of effort for 2K to create an entire league when most gamers likely won't recognize many players beyond the top 10 at the time.

On the flip side, if you just went ahead and created some standalone classic teams, I could see some draw among people who'd be interested in choosing a 2008 Sparks squad Lisa Leslie and Candace Parker or the aforementioned Cynthia Cooper/Tina Thompson Comets.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »