Home

Matt10's CFB 25 Sliders

This is a discussion on Matt10's CFB 25 Sliders within the EA Sports College Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > EA Sports College Football Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-21-2024, 07:46 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Matt10's CFB 25 Sliders

Matt10's CFB 25 Sliders

Focus of the Sliders: These sliders are mainly focused on embracing what default Heisman brings to the table, and just give attention to spots where it needs some human-like behavior in gameplay.

The issue with modifying too many sliders is that there is a lot of labbing required to determine which slider value = animation, and in NCAA/CFB/Madden that's not always how it works. Gameplay slider values are one variable, but so are penalty values. But penalty values are layered more depending on which animation you want to see more or less of.

That's why these sliders are very close to default because I don't want to have to compensate and go down rabbit holes. The base game is already so very good, and just some slight tweaks were needed. If there were more ability values like QBA and RBA, it would make customizing the game a whole lot easier, because instead we have values like INT or TAK or PCV that can affect multiple starting and ending animations.

Feel free to try them out. I just want to play my dynasty, so I'm not going to tackle every issue that comes up right away. I tested default for 20 games, then went through and modified values at different ranges, until settling into a good spot.

=================================
9/9/24 - I'm looking into injuries as well, along with raising fatigue to 52. So far the finding is that 52 reduces the holding penalties quite a bit, so we'll most likely go with that change. After that, it's a matter of looking into injuries a bit more. I'll look through the last pages to see what is being suggested. Overall, game is still playing great, and I'm glad no updates have affected it in a negative way or brought in any bad animations.

8/22/24 - It took a lot of time to get this right because the feel of holding on 60 as really good, except the OL did start to give up a bit more than their ratings would lead on - not to mention the amount of holding calls per game. However, it allowed me to really get into the depth of the game and how the sliders can address some things that were nagging me. I went with my gut a lot more this go around rather than trying to feel like making everyone happy, if that makes sense. I know what I've seen on this Version 5 is really where I want the game to be. More human like behavior from the CPU QB and receivers (especially in traffic), while not forgetting about what makes college football explosive.

Some significant changes are to the penalty sliders. Offsides and False Start are there to get them called more, while holding is dropped to 55 so there is still a chance of it being called like before - just not as much. Facemask is raised to help with the wrap-up tackling both in tackling the ball carrier and wrapping onto receivers trying to catch the ball. Defensive pass interference is raised to get it called more, even if the specific animation doesn't quite show up as one would hope. Intentional grounding was one I've played with and like it more set to "Off" after seeing what good it does for Madden 25 - which is what it always does to make the CPU QB more dynamic and try to keep plays alive from scrambling in the pocket or out of it, or throwing on the run. Any type of value that helps with pressure to perform is one that needs to be looked at, and IG set to Off has done that for years for me.

The gameplay sliders for the Heisman set are the only ones changed as AA still seems to be in a great spot for me.

The first value of WRC was lowered for both User and CPU as there were just too many great catches in traffic that started to be a theme - and not a welcomed one. I lowered the value for both, and now when outstanding catches happen in traffic, they really are just that.

Run blocking was lowered for the CPU as the compensation for lower Holding. This, along with tackling value, reduces the sticky OL effect. Interceptions were lowered for more brick-hands to appear, especially on bullet throws where some DBs definitely can't handle catching those passes. Pass coverage was raised to help the initial LOS play between the DB/LB/WR, but not so much the QB won't throw downfield.

As mentioned tackling value raised to 52/52 will help the push from the DL/LB with the lower holding value, and the facemask value will level it out with wrap up tackles (that can be broken) while improving the pursuit angles a tick or two.

Hope you enjoy. Thanks!

Matt10's CFB 25 Sliders | "Heisman Refined" - Version 5 || feat. MrHurriicane

Gameplay Settings

Values Explained: Main adjustment is to Speed Parity Scale from 45 to 55. This helps players become more in-sync and allows a lot smoother animations to produce from previous 45 and 48.

Difficulty: Heisman
Quarter Length: 11 minutes
Accelerated Clock: On
Minimum Play Clock Time: 15 seconds
Injuries: 30
Fatigue: 50
Player Speed Parity Scale: 55

Penalties

Values Explained: Some significant changes are to the penalty sliders. Offsides and False Start are there to get them called more, while holding is dropped to 55 so there is still a chance of it being called like before - just not as much. Facemask is raised to help with the wrap-up tackling both in tackling the ball carrier and wrapping onto receivers trying to catch the ball. Defensive pass interference is raised to get it called more, even if the specific animation doesn't quite show up as one would hope. Intentional grounding was one I've played with and like it more set to "Off" after seeing what good it does for Madden 25 - which is what it always does to make the CPU QB more dynamic and try to keep plays alive from scrambling in the pocket or out of it, or throwing on the run. Any type of value that helps with pressure to perform is one that needs to be looked at, and IG set to Off has done that for years for me.

Offsides: 65 (Previous: 55)
False Start: 65 (Previous: 55)
Holding: 55 (Previous: 60)
Facemask: 65
Defensive Pass Interference: 65 (Previous: 50)
Intentional Grounding: Off (Previous: On)
Roughing the Kicker: Off
All other penalties default 50 or On

Gameplay Sliders

Values Explained: The gameplay sliders for the Heisman set are the only ones changed as AA still seems to be in a great spot for me.

The first value of WRC was lowered for both User and CPU as there were just too many great catches in traffic that started to be a theme - and not a welcomed one. I lowered the value for both, and now when outstanding catches happen in traffic, they really are just that.

Run blocking was lowered for the CPU as the compensation for lower Holding. This, along with tackling value, reduces the sticky OL effect. Interceptions were lowered for more brick-hands to appear, especially on bullet throws where some DBs definitely can't handle catching those passes. Pass coverage was raised to help the initial LOS play between the DB/LB/WR, but not so much the QB won't throw downfield.

As mentioned tackling value raised to 52/52 will help the push from the DL/LB with the lower holding value, and the facemask value will level it out with wrap up tackles (that can be broken) while improving the pursuit angles a tick or two.

USER/CPU
QB Accuracy: 40/40
Pass Blocking: 55/45
WR Catch: 40/35 (Previous: 45/40)
Run Blocking: 50/45 (Previous: 50/48)
Fumbles: 50/50
Pass Defensive Reaction: 50/50
Interceptions: 25/25 (Previous: 35/35)
Pass Coverage: 60/60 (Previous: 55/55)
Tackling: 52/52 (Previous: 50/50)

Special Teams

FG Power: 50/45 (Previous: 50/50)
FG Accuracy: 45/45
Punt Power: 50/50
Punt Accuracy: 50/50
Kickoff Power: 50/50

Matt10's CFB 25 Sliders | All American difficulty | Version 3 || feat. MrHurriicane

Gameplay Settings

Values Explained: No changes to the All-American set as the penalty slider changes should help compliment the existing gameplay slider values.

Difficulty: All-American
Quarter Length: 11 minutes
Accelerated Clock: On
Minimum Play Clock Time: 15 seconds
Injuries: 30
Fatigue: 50
Player Speed Parity Scale: 55

Penalties

Values Explained: Some significant changes are to the penalty sliders. Offsides and False Start are there to get them called more, while holding is dropped to 55 so there is still a chance of it being called like before - just not as much. Facemask is raised to help with the wrap-up tackling both in tackling the ball carrier and wrapping onto receivers trying to catch the ball. Defensive pass interference is raised to get it called more, even if the specific animation doesn't quite show up as one would hope. Intentional grounding was one I've played with and like it more set to "Off" after seeing what good it does for Madden 25 - which is what it always does to make the CPU QB more dynamic and try to keep plays alive from scrambling in the pocket or out of it, or throwing on the run. Any type of value that helps with pressure to perform is one that needs to be looked at, and IG set to Off has done that for years for me.

Offsides: 65 (Previous: 55)
False Start: 65 (Previous: 55)
Holding: 55 (Previous: 60)
Facemask: 65
Defensive Pass Interference: 65 (Previous: 50)
Intentional Grounding: Off (Previous: On)
Roughing the Kicker: Off
All other penalties default 50 or On

Gameplay Sliders

Values Explained: These are slight adjustments for the All-American set. I think the penalty adjustments compliment it in a positive direction, so there's not as much gameplay sliders needed to be modified with the threshold change. The main adjustment is to QBA for the user to just get a bit more feel out of the throws and bring some difficulty in performing some passes throughout the different QB caliber. I hadn't felt much of a difference throwing into coverage with a 70 ovr QB to a 90 ovr QB. The CPU Pass Blocking is to compliment the change in the holding penalty that can bring the DL pressure a bit earlier, then the Pass Coverage for the CPU is to increase some difficulty downfield for the user.

USER/CPU
QB Accuracy: 40/50
Pass Blocking: 45/55
WR Catch: 45/45
Run Blocking: 45/50
Fumbles: 50/50
Pass Defensive Reaction: 50/50
Interceptions: 35/35
Pass Coverage:50/55
Tackling: 50/55

Special Teams

FG Power: 50/50
FG Accuracy: 45/45
Punt Power: 50/50
Punt Accuracy: 50/50
Kickoff Power: 50/50

Video Archive
Heisman set:

First Half

Second Half

All-American Set:

Sliders Archive
Spoiler

Last edited by Matt10; 09-09-2024 at 09:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2024, 07:52 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Matt10's CFB 25 Sliders

Hi Matt Cant wait to try these out thanks!
Old 07-21-2024, 08:30 AM   #3
Pro

jkits's Arena

OVR: 3

Welcome back Matt!!
Old 07-21-2024, 09:18 AM   #4
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

OVR: 0

Touchdown!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-21-2024, 10:32 AM   #5
Just started!

Matt,

Thank you so much buddy! Been using your Madden and FIFA sliders for years now. Will you be working on an All American set as well?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2024, 11:57 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Good to see you back for this game. Feels nostalgic having a new slider set from you for a college game. Between you, armor, playmaker, jkits, I feel like I'm back in a time machine and I love it.

Between all the names above, just about anyone should be able to find a slider set they enjoy on OS. You guys always do great and always have unique approaches which is what makes it cool as well.

If only we had custom stadium sounds and had Auburn Alumni making packs for all the teams, then it'd be exactly like old times.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 07-21-2024, 01:15 PM   #7
Rookie

New Jersey Giants's Arena

Been using your sliders for years, always trust your opinion bro. Thanks
Old 07-21-2024, 01:59 PM   #8
Rookie

Just tried these out. Got to say, I like these sliders alot after 1 game. There were a couple of plays where my defender just stood there and let the ball carrier go by him, but it only happened twice from what I remember. So maybe tweaking the tackling or pass coverage slider up a point or 2 will help that.

Going back to the game. Was playing with ND. Lost 31-28 at USC. First half both offenses were clicking. Went into the half tied at 21. The second half was a barn burner. Took until the 4th quarter for either of us to score. AI definitely makes adjustments to what you are doing. Running and passing felt really good. Overall these are great.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > EA Sports College Football Sliders »